• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

Blader

I still like this season plenty, and liked last year too. I'm never in sync with whatever this thread is feeling. :lol

I dropped Arrow because last season was so terrible, and dropped Supergirl and Legends, which weren't really bad (though many parts of Legends were bad) but they just felt tedious to get through, and I felt like I was forcing myself to watch them. Figures that as soon as I drop all three, all three rebound with apparently better seasons. Oh well.

I still like this season plenty, and liked last year too. I'm never in sync with whatever this thread is feeling. :lol

I dropped Arrow because last season was so terrible, and dropped Supergirl and Legends, which weren't really bad (though many parts of Legends were bad) but they just felt tedious to get through, and I felt like I was forcing myself to watch them. Figures that as soon as I drop all three, all three rebound with apparently better seasons. Oh well.

I was on the verge of dropping arrow after last seasons garbage and I was already skipping flashbacks that season too. But it has been considerably better this year. Reminds me of season 1 days.

Haven't seen supergirl or legends this year tho (aside from the episodes with Clark)

With the exception of the Kendra and Reverse Flash vibes, all of Cisco's vibes involved something extradimensional (and in the case of Thawne, something from outside the timeline), right?

So could the Killer Frost vs Vibe flash actually be Cisco vibing the future of the Pre-Flashpoint timeline?

I wouldn't be surprised if Arrow outlives the Snyderverse

I could even see Amell's Oliver outlasting Arrow. Like, if Flash and Arrow lose ratings due to regular year-over-year decline, they could re-energize by cancelling them and launching a team show with Amell and Gustin as one possible scenario.

Sheppard

I could even see Amell's Oliver outlasting Arrow. Like, if Flash and Arrow lose ratings due to regular year-over-year decline, they could re-energize by cancelling them and launching a team show with Amell and Gustin as one possible scenario.

You know I like that idea! Call it World's Finest.

ZeroX03

Banned

That show would have no budget for anything, Amell and Gustin are expensive.

Prediction:

The Vibes are going to keep coming and we're going to find out that Killer Frost / Caitlin would kill Dante in Pre-Flashpoint Earth-1 and then Cisco would kill Caitlin.

WedgeX

Banned
I hope the Caitlyn stuff is done. I think the whole "I'm turning evil because of my powers" thing is stupid.

Fully on board with this sentiment. There should be an element of suspense and...humanism...in becoming a meta and making the choice about whether to use those powers for good or evil. Malfoy talked about it ever so briefly but we're three seasons in.

abundant

Isn't Aquaman set to start filming relatively soon? I don't know that Arrow will manage to keep going to 2018, or even 2019 if they actually get around to that second Superman solo.
This is the CW we are talking about. Unless Arrow's ratings start tanking, they'll continue to have new seasons past 2019.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I hope the Caitlyn stuff is done. I think the whole "I'm turning evil because of my powers" thing is stupid.
Yeah... It's one thing to say her fear of her powers and of Killer Frost drive to her act irrationally, it's another thing entirely if the powers themselves are making her evil.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
This is the CW we are talking about. Unless Arrow's ratings start tanking, they'll continue to have new seasons past 2019.

Amell is contracted through 2019, so expect that at a minimum, baring something absolutely catastrophic happening.

It'll really depend on how in demand he is for movie roles at that point, I think.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Just conjecture based off his social media, but Amell seems pretty happy with his position right now. Not in the usual "love the show, love the fans blah blah blah" kinda way either. I think he's just happy to have a steady well paying gig that lets him stay close to his family. He doesn't come off like the type of actor who is starting to get tired of a role. You can almost always tell when they're getting burnt out.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
If they explained why her powers made her evil it wouldn't be so bad. Just having it that way is silly.

I'd argue the opposite, actually.

Practically everyone with the metagene is a bad guy. In this universe there's the Flash, Firestorm, and Vibe as the only good guys. On Earth-2, before Jessie Quick came along, we can't even confirm if they even actually had a superhero. Earth-3 only has the real Jay Garrick that we know of.

ZeroX03

Banned
Just conjecture based off his social media, but Amell seems pretty happy with his position right now. Not in the usual "love the show, love the fans blah blah blah" kinda way either. I think he's just happy to have a steady well paying gig that lets him stay close to his family. He doesn't come off like the type of actor who is starting to get tired of a role. You can almost always tell when they're getting burnt out.

Amell is the master of the con circuit and has a cut of HVFF and his actor appearance company. Along with his wine business, TV and web series projects and charity work. By his own admission he isn't the best actor, but he's a hell of a businessman and social media guy. He's going to come out of Arrow with tens of millions easily. He's leveraging a sweet gig, he won't have to rely on movie money or guest star work after the show ends.

Amell is the master of the con circuit and has a cut of HVFF and his actor appearance company. Along with his wine business, TV and web series projects and charity work. By his own admission he isn't the best actor, but he's a hell of a businessman and social media guy. He's going to come out of Arrow with tens of millions easily. He's leveraging a sweet gig, he won't have to rely on movie money or guest star work after the show ends.

He is smart enough to know how his bread is buttered. Much like Jensen and Jared from Supernatural. They know they have a good gig, so why not ride it out?

ZeroX03

Banned
He is smart enough to know how his bread is buttered. Much like Jensen and Jared from Supernatural. They know they have a good gig, so why not ride it out?

Yeah they have fun at work and their side gigs earn them even more money. Why not do 10-15 years of hard work and then go straight into semi-retirement with millions? Melissa and Grant might be able to have careers beyond The CW with their acting talent, but let's be honest, a lot of these kinds of shows are you're pretty for a decade and then you come back a few years later playing the parent to a new generation of pretty people.
Luke Perry stars in Riverdale! JWS also sort of counts, not because he's so pretty but he did go from superhero to parent to parent of a superhero back to superhero.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

Exactly, dude is playing the smart game. Too many genre show actors burn out and end up having to hustle for guest star gigs on other genre shows. It's good to see him setting himself up right. Most of the DC series people seem to be doing that, nearly all of them do the convention circuit. That's sweet money for meet & greets and photos.

Practically everyone with the metagene is a bad guy. In this universe there's the Flash, Firestorm, and Vibe as the only good guys. On Earth-2, before Jessie Quick came along, we can't even confirm if they even actually had a superhero. Earth-3 only has the real Jay Garrick that we know of.

We just had this whole thing with Magenta and fighting off the evil personality. It's just weird coming off that with the whole "powers making me evul" except they're taking it straight with Caitlyn. Not even a raised eyebrow.

Flash really needs its version of the Alien Bar from Supergirl. That set piece actually gave a way to show aliens who aren't part of the heroes and villains game. Do something like that for civilian Metas.

Grizzlyjin

Flash really needs its version of the Alien Bar from Supergirl. That set piece actually gave a way to show aliens who aren't part of the heroes and villains game. Do something like that for civilian Metas.

You know, that's not a terrible idea. Instead of just showing metahumans as evil 99% of the time.

They could have like a low rent Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters at Star Labs. But just helping people control their abilities and live normal lives. I think it would develop the idea of metahumans existing in this world a bit more beyond punch punch kick kick. They wouldn't even have to build a huge new set.

Joni

And he is friends with Jared, so he has someone telling him how hard it is to break into the movie business. I mean the dude was a teenage hearttrob in two major shows and couldn't pull it off.

ZeroX03

Banned
The REAL crossover begins tonight!

#3.08 "INVASION!"
Crossover Trailer
Crossover Trailer #2
IT’S HEROES VS. ALIENS IN THIS EPIC CROSSOVER EVENT — When aliens called the Dominators attack Central City, Barry (Grant Gustin) speeds over to Star City to ask the Green Arrow (guest star Stephen Amell) for help in stopping them. Realizing the battle against the Dominators is bigger than they thought, they track down the Legends of Tomorrow, and Barry and Cisco (Carlos Valdes) create a breach to bring back a secret weapon – Liv Moore (guest star Rose McIver). Once all of the super friends are assembled, they come up with a plan to attack but a shocking secret related to Flashpoint is revealed and suddenly no one is sure who they can trust. Meanwhile, Wally (Keiynan Lonsdale) wants to join the battle against the aliens but Iris (Candice Patton) tells him he’s not ready. Dermott Downs directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kreisberg and teleplay by Aaron Helbing & Todd Helbing (#308). Original airdate 11/29/2016.
KjFVkox.gif
Y0j3gEr.gif
FLA308b-0493b.jpg

FLA308a_0159b.max-620x600.jpg
FLA308a_0048b.max-620x600.jpg

Joni

Iris should ask Oliver's help. He'll make sure Wally won't go out hero-ing. Cue Arrow to the knee joke.

Top Bottom