• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

Savitar is Barry.

That might be crazy and something they would do. The way he spoke to Barry did make it seem like that was what he was saying. It would also align with what they said on Kev's podcast about another Flashpoint change. Maybe related to a lantern ring or not. Imagine the Lantern's on tv.

Otherwise, I'm sticking with Savitar being stuck in the Speed Force similar to his comic counterpart. That's why he needs Alchemy's help. To find a way to bring him out of the Speed Force and to show Savitar as either:

Eddie Thawne, someone new, or somebody we've seen before.

Da-Kid

Is that White Wally West? Looks like he has his belt.
Nope, it's not White Wally.

This is White Wally West.
wally-brettbooth-461x700.jpg

My hopes for season 4:

-New Redder suit and design. Maybe even a Speedforce suit.
-Godspeed arc adaptation or Rogue War. Better yet, Gorilla Grodd as the main antagonist.
-Vibe now an active Hero, not just something occasional.
-Iris death.

Neoxon

Nope, it's not White Wally.

This is White Wally West.
wally-brettbooth-461x700.jpg

My hopes for season 4:

-Godspeed arc adaptation or Rogue War. Better yet, Gorilla Grodd as the main antagonist.
-Iris death.
You monster

Corpekata

Banned
Wishing for active heroes is what brought Arrow down. It's already creeping in to Flash, really. Too many people going out to fight the crime. Season 4 Wells will be like, a ninja or something at this rate.

Looked that up. Yup, sounds exactly like every season of the Flash so far.

Even worse, comic spoiler:
we would get two evil Speedster's beating the shit out of Barry Allen. Godspeed is so fast that he can appear in two places at once..... If we thought RF, Zoom, and Savitar beating up Barry was bad, just imagine this Barry fighting a Speedster who can be at two places at once.
And that is something I kind of, sort of want to see lol.

I still think Barry getting Baned last season was a pretty good ass whooping along with the barrage Barry received while being locked in Zoom's cell. That's the worst ass whooping Barry has received to date imo.

Toa TAK

Banned
My hopes for season 4:

-Iris death.
wtf no I'll fight you IRL bro

Joni

Wishing for active heroes is what brought Arrow down. It's already creeping in to Flash, really. Too many people going out to fight the crime. Season 4 Wells will be like, a ninja or something at this rate.
Barry with sidekicks give him the chance to seem more competent like with Jessie Quick. The show not committing to them means they keep having to repeat the same Barry fight making him look dumb.

Skii

I'm glad the actual villain is another speedster but man he looks pretty bad. At least with reverse flash and zoom, they looked fine in normal shots because it's a guy in a suit but this CGI doesn't really hold up after watching a recent movie.

I thought reverse flash was going to be the main speedster again because he seems to be back? I really don't understand what's going on with him.

Current Arrow is balancing it tho. Having a "B" team going out there helping while taking the jobbing role has made Ollie look more like a better hero. Instead of Barry eating from the L buffet, it would offset the L load.

Corpekata

Banned
Current Arrow is balancing it tho. Having a "B" team going out there helping while taking the jobbing role has made Ollie look more like a better hero. Instead of Barry eating from the L buffet, it would offset the L load.

Yeah, and I think it works better having outsiders join rather than turning pretty much all of the main cast into Heroes like it was doing (and which now Flash and Supergirl are in danger of falling into that pitfall).

There needs to be a healthy balancing of the non-heroes.

caliph95

Even though he isn't a outsider there could use Wally as that so Barry for once won't look like an idiot. wally can be the dumb one.

Sesha

Barry with sidekicks give him the chance to seem more competent like with Jessie Quick. The show not committing to them means they keep having to repeat the same Barry fight making him look dumb.

We all know Barry doesn't need help with making himself look dumb.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Even though he isn't a outsider there could use Wally as that so Barry for once won't look like an idiot. wally can be the dumb one.

That would probably be the best approach since Wally has been shown to be headstrong and has that inferiority complex going on with Barry. Fits the bill that he would rush off into a situation so he can save the day and get some Papa Joe Points without Barry.

As for Godspeed, I'd be shocked if they didn't try to adapt it. It fits the mold of what the show likes to do. Unless they take things in some wild new creative direction, it's only a matter of time.

Skii

He's busy fucking with time and assembling the Legion of Doom on Legends right now.

He is the main villain on Legends of Tomorrow.

What?? I really hate how I have to watch multiple fucking shows to understand what's going on. I love the Reverse Flash but I dont want to watch another damn show. I hated having to watch arrow because it had tie in episodes with the flash. God damn it.

abundant

As for Godspeed, I'd be shocked if they didn't try to adapt it. It fits the mold of what the show likes to do. Unless they take things in some wild new creative direction, it's only a matter of time.

After reading the synopsis, I have to agree. It follows the path of
Barry befriends someone - new villain shows up - the person Barry befriended turns out to be the villain
to a tee.

I really get the feeling the reason Barry keeps fighting super speed villians as bug bada is because the writers can't really think of a reason why it would take a whole season for Barry to take down a non speedster.

abundant

I really get the feeling the reason Barry keeps fighting super speed villians as bug bada is because the writers can't really think of a reason why it would take a whole season for Barry to take down a non speedster.

That's why instead of one big bad, Barry fights a group of them, led behind the scene by Gorilla Grod.

Joni

What?? I really hate how I have to watch multiple fucking shows to understand what's going on. I love the Reverse Flash but I dont want to watch another damn show. I hated having to watch arrow because it had tie in episodes with the flash. God damn it.

Well, you don't have to if you don't want to, but it has been great so far this year.

Give him a villain who can manipulate the flow of time.

Doesn't matter how many miles per second he can run against someone who can change what a second is.

Give him a villain who can manipulate the flow of time.

Doesn't matter how many miles per second he can run against someone who can change what a second is.

They butchered that character last season, member? They just made him into a speed addicted evil Speedster turned Black Flash during the last episode from last season.

We still have Earth-1 Zolomom though.

Cafeman

That's why instead of one big bad, Barry fights a group of them, led behind the scene by Gorilla Grod.

That is what I'd hoped Season 3 would have featured. I loved S1 with Reverse Flash, Firestorm, Gorilla Grod, Trickster and Barry learning his skills. S2 featured Earth 2 , a frighteningly overpowered Zoom , Jay Garrick (kind of), and other fun stuff like Trickster and King Shark and Patty. So rather than another speedster for S3, why don't the writers be more clever and develop what they've already started?

There are so many ways to outwit The Flash , if the villain just thinks a bit. Flash has to sleep right? So rather than a daylight/ early evening robbery / crime, do it when the Flash has historically not been active. Or cause distractions. Or have a mastermind like Grodd leading B-grade villains to accomplish something. Barry busts Grade-C villains, but Grade-B villains on other side of town pulled off the real scheme. Or any villain with an aura which drops Flash or anybody on the spot if they get too close. Etc etc.

Remember how Barry just could not compete with either the man in Yellow (RF), or Zoom? It was intimidating. Same could be done with Grodd. If Barry gets too close to Zodd, he's mind controlled. Also Team Flash might not know who is being affected remotely by the mind control , which would introduce suspenseful distrust scenes right out of The Thing. And give us an interesting mystery if they go this route - we don't even know who is controlling things or why, but we suspect Grodd (or whomever) and clues are given in a not-dragged-out manner.

Personally I think it'd be cool for Killer Frost to continue to battle her Jekyll/Hyde personality all season with Team Flash trying to reach her. She would ally herself with other villains for a while.

Okay I'm done ... I guess I'm dissatisfied a little bit with S3.

KonradLaw

I've only been keeping up with Arrow this season, so I've been spending this week catching up on other shows before the crossover. Just got done with Flash and....

WTF? ANOTHER DAMN SPEEDSTER BIG BAD?? And not even a cool one, just some lame CG transformer :( Jesus.

At least Caitlin got nice arc. But everything else is ughh..

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Is it just me that finds Caitlin so much more attractive when she goes Killer Frost?

Must be the eyes and the different clothing.

Joni

I've only been keeping up with Arrow this season, so I've been spending this week catching up on other shows before the crossover. Just got done with Flash and....

I'll take "Statements that nobody expected to say before the start of the season." for $1000, Alex.

I am tired of having a speedster as a main villain to be honest. Because it´s becoming unbelievable to me how in every season someone clowns Barry in speed while Barry does not seem to catch up until the end of the season. It´s just the same thing over and over again.

abundant

I'll take "Statements that nobody expected to say before the start of the season." for $1000, Alex.

Goes to show you just how much improved Arrow (and Supergirl and Legends) is this season. Hopefully those same improvements find their way to the Flash next season.

Da-Kid

Looked that up. Yup, sounds exactly like every season of the Flash so far.
It would be cool to see Barry train a bunch of new Speedsters only for them to get killed. And introduce white Wally from Earth 0. It would also be a good way to introduce Speedforce costumes. We've already established that the Speedforce is an omniscient entity.

You monster
Why, she dies in the comics, and frankly, I don't like Iris in this show.

Arrow suffers from over inflation. He's damnthere leading his own mini Justice League. And even now, most of them are useless. They have Ragman there who could literally wipe the floor with them and Oliver if he wanted. He's hella OP and CAN do a way better job saving the city than Green Arrow. But here he is.. taking orders from GA.

That's kind of like if Supergirl was on the team. You'd question why she wouldn't just go solo if all she's doing is taking orders monitoring the city.

Top Bottom