• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

Haroon

Man, this season is going to get crazy.

Big spoilers:
There's a woman there who we don't know yet and they are apparently filming Savitar vs. Grodd. Plus there is some dude in Flash-colored gear that looks straight out of World War 1.

Not sure about the woman, but the guy that looks straight out of World War 1 is Savitar. In the comics, he was a fighter pilot that based his life around obtaining as much speed as possible. Maybe I am wrong, but that is most likely him.

Joni

I also don't know how time whatevers work. You go back in time and kill the past version of yourself, is that right? Anytime Flash or Legends explain time travel I take a big swig of bourbon and shout "SOUNDS LIKE FUN!" at the top of my lungs. By the time I focus on the tv again, they've moved on to something else.

You basically go back a couple of minutes, bring yourself to the present and quickly repeat all the actions your original self would need to undertake. If nobody kills him, you'd basically have two versions of yourself.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
You basically go back a couple of minutes, bring yourself to the present and quickly repeat all the actions your original self would need to undertake. If nobody kills him, you'd basically have two versions of yourself.

Okay, so then the other version of you is expendable at that point. Or you're expendable. Killing the time remnant balances the equation.

Not sure about the woman, but the guy that looks straight out of World War 1 is Savitar. In the comics, he was a fighter pilot that based his life around obtaining as much speed as possible. Maybe I am wrong, but that is most likely him.

Could also be the Flash of HR's world, since we know he has one too

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
As someone who only watches the Flash and not the other shows, this episode was annoying. So much shit was brought up that didn't happen on the show proper so if someone doesn't follow along with the others it was definitely a point of confusion.

Skii

Indeed. But nobody will really now which version survived. Like we don't know which Barry died.

Which is why Cisco has been absolutely unbearable this season. Barry literally killed himself to save Earth and yet Cisco acts like he's been selfish for wanting his family back.

Joni

Which is why Cisco has been absolutely unbearable this season. Barry literally killed himself to save Earth and yet Cisco acts like he's been selfish for wanting his family back.
Self-sacrifice is a bit more noble if you don't survive.

ZeroX03

Banned
So this season in we're seemingly going to visit
Earth-1, Flashpoint Earth, Earth-2, Earth-3, Earth-19 and Earth-38/CBS
. Cool.

zulux21

spent this weekend catching up on everything.

the cross over event wasn't bad. I'm not happy that seemingly the big bad in flash is another speedster, but at least the season isn't bad beyond that.

ZeroX03

Banned
Last Flash episode of the year! Let me give you three reasons to watch:
Earth-3 reasons that is.

#3.09 "The Present"
Episode Promo
xmas5501pqa.gif

BARRY SEEKS HELP FROM JAY GARRICK — With Alchemy and Savitar still looming threats, Barry (Grant Gustin) is unable to focus on the Christmas holiday, and especially his relationship with Iris (Candice Patton). Determined to stop Savitar, Barry goes to Earth-3 to get advice from Jay Garrick (guest star John Wesley Shipp) and stop his arch-nemesis The Joker (guest star Mark Hamill). Wally (Keiynan Lonsdale) wants to help Barry fight Savitar and reveals that he’s been training with H.R. (Tom Cavanagh), which doesn’t go over well with Barry. As Cisco (Carlos Valdes) faces his first Christmas without his brother Dante (guest star Nicholas Gonzalez), old wounds are reopened because apparently we haven't had enough emo Cisco. Rachel Talalay directed the episode with story by Aaron Helbing & Todd Helbing and teleplay by Lauren Certo
fla309a-0327b-214293.jpg

CryptiK

Holy fucking shit,
we are getting the Joker in live action played by Mark Hamill
Jesus christ yes straight into my veins.

Joni

Zero, I hope you aren't a complete meanie and we really get
Hamill. I'm down for a return of Trickster and I'm too lazy to check.

ZeroX03

Banned
Guys look, I'm sorry about adding that last line about emo Cisco. It's not real. But I swear everything else in that synopsis is the Savitar's honest truth.

Sephzilla

If
Hamill isn't actually playing The Joker I think Zero needs to be Flashpointed back to Junior status. Don't play with my emotions like that :( :( :( :( :( :(

Top Bottom