• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

So now we need to expect Zoom and Reverse versus Barry? Maybe Rivla and Trajectory as well in some sort of hallucination.

Why not. There are so many Speersters, let's have a Speedster War and maybe a Rogue War, just maybe. Because, who doesn't like more Speedsters, right?

Flash vs Reverse Flash Post LoT and Revived Zoom and Savitar.

Kid Flash and Jesse Quick vs Revived Trajectory and Revived Rival.

Then the Post Season 2 Zoom i.e., Black Flash shows up and hunts them all down. They put aside their differences and have to defeat Death. Death, defeated, returns to the Speed Force and warns them about Speed Force shenanigans. After his defeat, all the Speedster's go to the Winchester and everything is all hunky dory.

Why not. There are so many Speersters, let's have a Speedster War and maybe a Rogue War, just maybe. Because, who doesn't like more Speedsters, right?

Flash vs Reverse Flash Post LoT and Revived Zoom and Savitar.

Kid Flash and Jesse Quick vs Revived Trajectory and Revived Rival.

Then the Post Season 2 Zoom i.e., Black Flash shows up and hunts them all down. They put aside their differences and have to defeat Death. Death, defeated, returns to the Speed Force and warns them about Speed Force shenanigans. After his defeat, all the Speedster's go to the Winchester and everything is all hunky dory.
No Jay Garrick, no sale.

shoreu

I'm thinking they will pull off Blue Lantern Barry Allen. Current Barry has done way too much damage and Savitar-Barry, in the Future, has decided that the only way to stop fucking even more things up he needs to go back and kill current Barry.

In short..... Barry still hasn't learned anything about time travel shenanigans.

You mean the future flash arc right? Because

This guy
latest

is a different treat from

I think Barry needs to meet Og Wally and learn from him (no clue how they could pull it off alternative earth most likely) or let him meet black flash and see that if he continued fucking up that would be the summation of his mistakes.

You mean the future flash arc right? Because

This guy

is a different treat from

I think Barry needs to meet Og Wally and learn from him (no clue how they could pull it off alternative earth most likely) or let him meet black flash and see that if he continued fucking up that would be the summation of his mistakes.

You're right. Got them mixed up :p Saw Blue immediately went to Blue Lantern Flash.

Toa TAK

Banned
So I'm all caught up with the show, and I gotta ask:

How come the Time Wraiths haven't come back for Barry after Flashpoint?

Maybe I missed something.

Yes. This is a fair question. They should have gotten him by now. At least gotten him during flashpoint. You see, for the sake of the plot BS writing right there.

Volimar

They don't seem to always get involved. Your favorite speedster RF seems to be traveling with relative impunity.

Toa TAK

Banned
Yes. This is a fair question. They should have gotten him by now. At least gotten him during flashpoint. You see, for the sake of the plot BS writing right there.
Okay, I thought they might've handwaved it but they better come to fruition later unless Savitar is in control somehow.
They don't seem to always get involved. Your favorite speedster RF seems to be traveling with relative impunity.

Yeah, yeah.

He should be their #1 target. Dude screwing with the timeline is the entire reason the show even exists.

I'm guessing since the Speed Force is sentient, it chooses not to send the Time Wraiths back?

My serious answer:

It depends. I think, like Bart Allen has potential, the Speed Force dimension/universe see's a ton of potential for Barry Allen. For major comic knowledgeable people (unlike me), this Barry Allen is a mixture so far of Barry and Wally with an emergence of Bart now showing.

Like some fan theories for Superman, the Speed Force sees that Barry is too vital for the multiverse and he cannot actually permanently disappear or die. After sending Time Wraiths after Barry, seeing his struggles, and having Barry actually interact with them, they do see something special in Barry Allen. They need him alive.

Now I don't know if the writer's themselves have even thought about that but that's what I'm theorising and thinking. In the future, I think Barry will find a permanent home in the Speed Force and he will only be summoned when people need him. In his home or in the Speed Force, there are multiple other important Speedster's we all know. Max and Jay are living there. When Wally or Jesse is struggling, they will need to call upon Barry, Max, or Jay. It's going to be the Speedster's Valhalla.

Lol. That's funny because CV has a huge Marvel fanbase (from my perspective). I still find it funny that they think Wally West can beat Galactus.
They think that? Last I checked, they don't think even Zoom would be able to do it. Heck, they think Zoom would lose to The Runner.

Here's how DC Earth would win:
Spectre. Apparently he's an Earth-based hero. He would solo.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Speed Wraiths were driving the car that hit Dante

I laughed way too hard at the idea that there are multiple wraiths in the car. Like a couple of bro wraiths snuck out their parents' car, got a couple of forties at the local Seven Eleven and things just got a little out of hand when boom. They hit Dante.

I laughed way too hard at the idea that there are multiple wraiths in the car. Like a couple of bro wraiths snuck out their parents' car, got a couple of forties at the local Seven Eleven and things just got a little out of hand when boom. They hit Dante.
You know what they say: reckless driving with bros puts the "joy" in "joyride."

iosefe

Speed wraiths are probably under the control of Savitar

Barry fucked up so hard, he's figured wraiths aren't enough, he will do it himself.

Basically, Savitar is Thanos

They think that? Last I checked, they don't think even Zoom would be able to do it. Heck, they think Zoom would lose to The Runner.

Here's how DC Earth would win:
Spectre. Apparently he's an Earth-based hero. He would solo.

You have to remember that it is all feats based. They do not decide battles based on implied power levels, what people think a hero/villain can do. It's all based on what they have done on canon comics and how often they have done those feats.

I agree with them to an extent. There comes a time that they have to combine feats with implied power levels. Otherwise, it's ridiculous to think that Superman can't beat "insert hero/villain" because Superman hasn't done this for this amount of times.

Spectre is powerful, yes, but he doesn't have a good feats track record. Most of the time he is not used to his best abilities and he jobs because of his implied power levels. I do agree that The Spectre is super powerful but his on-panel feats has..... Countered his power levels.

Magwik

Banned
Theory: Savitar is Barry Prime, i.e. the original Flash we saw fighting Reverse Flash in season 1.
We still don't know which Barry is the one telling S1 Barry not to save his mom.
I also just remembered that the entire S1 cast used to be all for Barry going back and saving her.

ZeroX03

Banned
My hope is Savitar is just an old speedster who got greedy with his powers, and ended up hurtling through time and trapped in the speed force. Basically like the comics without cool Max Mercury telling us all about it.

Theme of the season does seem to be responsibility with powers aka Barry's not a God (thanks Ollie and Jay). Savitar walking around saying he is a God. Hmm.

carlsojo

We still don't know which Barry is the one telling S1 Barry not to save his mom.
I also just remembered that the entire S1 cast used to be all for Barry going back and saving her.

I mean it could be THIS Barry in ten? years from now doing the "NO" gesture to S1 Barry.

I also have no idea why Barry 40 years from now sent Rip that message. It makes me wonder if it had nothing to do with the Dominators, but actually the Thanagarians.

HR being an idiot means he can't be Savitar.

Time Remnants/Wraiths are shit though and should have never been added to the narrative. It should have been just Zoom doing a Speed Mirage across Earths. Wellsobard was able to do one across Cisco's Prison area, there's literally nothing stopping Zoom from doing the same.

I would love it though if Savitar was the universe/SpeedForce coming to tell Barry "Listen here you moron, you've had 3+ time aberrations/destabilization events happen involving you, and each time you've only managed to screw it up more. "

Though it does me question why Eobard's escaped the Wraiths, though I suppose one could argue his Time Travel is infinitely better . He killed Barry's Mom, accelerated Barry's training by 5 years, ruined STAR labs, and that's not including anything he's going to do on Legends.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Unresolved threads from the crossover:

1) Future Barry says current Barry cannot be trusted.
2) Iris no longer writes the story about Flash's disappearance in the future.

Random thoughts
:

1) How come Barry's memories aren't syncing with his current self? He still doesn't remember the changes.
2) How did Barry not disappear after saving his mother and what happened to the version of himself that grew up living in Flashpoint?

Speculation:

This isn't an alternate timeline. It's an alternate reality.
Savitar is Barry. Barry is the villain.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Maybe i missed it....but Barry was going to give himself up before talking to Iris and Joe ?

Joni

The time wraiths seemed to aim mainly at people who play with time remnants and the likes, or Barry and Eobard didn't change anything big enough to cause them to appear. Eobard was always careful to only move up the timeline without changing too much.

ZeroX03

Banned
Eobard implied that skilled speedsters know how to avoid time wraiths and that Barry was just lucky. Does go to show that both Barry and Zoom are idiots as we suspected.

Eobard also mentioned other speedsters, and I don't think he was talking about any of the ones from Flashpoint or Earth-2.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Just watched the latest episode. Loved it.

Going to watch Arrow later and Legends of Tomorrow, well...Tomorrow.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Man, this season is going to get crazy.

Big spoilers:
There's a woman there who we don't know yet and they are apparently filming Savitar vs. Grodd. Plus there is some dude in Flash-colored gear that looks straight out of World War 1.

ZeroX03

Banned
Man, this season is going to get crazy.

Big spoilers:
There's a woman there who we don't know yet and they are apparently filming Savitar vs. Grodd. Plus there is some dude in Flash-colored gear that looks straight out of World War 1.

Savitar in the comics was a military pilot.

Really don't give a fuck about Jesse Quick.

Jonogunn

I don't understand time Remnant at all. I read about it and watched a YouTube video but I'm still confused.

Throw in all the legends time traveling stuff and I basically just gave up trying to understand any of it. I just shut my brain off and just go with it.

As someone who can go on and on talking about the fine intricacies of time travel in Dragonball, I've long since stop wondering how to explain what the fuck is going on in Flash, I just take it how is and say "lol speed force" for everything.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I also don't know how time whatevers work. You go back in time and kill the past version of yourself, is that right? Anytime Flash or Legends explain time travel I take a big swig of bourbon and shout "SOUNDS LIKE FUN!" at the top of my lungs. By the time I focus on the tv again, they've moved on to something else.

Top Bottom