• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

This Forbes Contributor is wrong. The problem is that Barry keeps doing this stuff without thinking. He basically unleashed Thawne again, and he never thinks about what happens with his changes. He knows what Zoom did, what Reverse Flash did, what the Time Wraiths are for but still he keeps going back on whims. In this situation, Barry's actions are understandable because he wanted to save his parents, but he is playing God and the others are right to be pissed.

Barry acted selfishly, deservedly so, and now, when others get to act selfish for once, people are upset? Barry cannot be the only one who can act selfishly most of the time. He deserves everything coming his way. HE. NEVER. LEARNS. FROM. HIS. MISTAKES. PERIOD.

What needs to happen, since they have Barry rely so much on a team, is Barry has to tell everybody when he makes a major Speed Force/Time Force move. Notify people, see what their reactions are, and see if there are any other ways he can proceed without having to resort to Speed Force/Time Force shenanigans. That way, if Barry comes back from doing whatever he did, nobody should be mad at Barry. Ever.

What I'm saying is that I agree with you ^_^

@Grizzlyjin, in the words of ZeroX03 Reverse Flash:

Now who's the villain, Flash? Now who's the villain?!

Sephzilla

Oliver's point that everyone else would do the same thing if they were in Barry's position is pretty spot on though. Look at all of the things the people in the Arrowverse have done because of lost loved ones;

-- Malcom Merlyn's entire undertaking was because he lost his wife
-- Ray Palmer started the Atom suit because he lost his wife
-- Sara Lance tried to kill Damien Darhk in the past because he murders Laurel in the future
-- Sara Lance straight up tells Darhk how he'll die (potentially altering the future) because she's still salty that he kills Laurel
-- Season 1 of Legends of Tomorrow is all because Rip Hunter wants to save his son in the past
-- Thea Queen wanted to basically stay jacked into the Dominator Matrix because it let her see her mom again
-- Cisco asks Barry to time travel to save Dante

I don't think it's a stretch at all to assume that if any of these people had Barry's ability they would have done the same thing Barry, especially if any of them saw their father murdered right in front of them not long before.

Wonder if they'll ever deal with that first Barry. The one that waved him away from saving his mother. I figure that one caused his own Flashpoint.

I ultimately think that Barry
is going to be Barry at the end of this season. It makes sense, because if Barry does time travel again in order to stop Flashpoint from ever happening he's totally going to be anti-time travel now.

Wonder if they'll ever deal with that first Barry. The one that waved him away from saving his mother. I figure that one caused his own Flashpoint.

Speaking of Flashpoint again.... I wonder how many Flashpoint's Thawne has witnessed? He seems to have known or witnessed multiple Flashpoint's throughout his life.

Joni

Oliver's point that everyone else would do the same thing if they were in Barry's position is pretty spot on though. Look at all of the things the people in the Arrowverse have done because of lost loved ones;

-- Malcom Merlyn's entire undertaking was because he lost his wife
-- Ray Palmer started the Atom suit because he lost his wife
-- Sara Lance tried to kill Damien Darhk in the past because he murders Laurel in the future
-- Sara Lance straight up tells Darhk how he'll die (potentially altering the future) because she's still salty that he kills Laurel
-- Season 1 of Legends of Tomorrow is all because Rip Hunter wants to save his son in the past
-- Thea Queen wanted to basically stay jacked into the Dominator Matrix because it let her see her mom again
-- Cisco asks Barry to time travel to save Dante

I don't think it's a stretch at all to assume that if any of these people had Barry's ability they would have done the same thing Barry, especially if any of them saw their father murdered right in front of them not long before.

I ultimately think that Barry
is going to be Barry at the end of this season. It makes sense, because if Barry does time travel again in order to stop Flashpoint from ever happening he's totally going to be anti-time travel now.

Of course. The thing is, Barry can be acting emotionally right but that doesn't mean the others aren't right as well. They just have different angles.

What if Savitar is actually The Turtle???

I'm thinking they will pull off Blue Lantern Barry Allen. Current Barry has done way too much damage and Savitar-Barry, in the Future, has decided that the only way to stop fucking even more things up he needs to go back and kill current Barry.

In short..... Barry still hasn't learned anything about time travel shenanigans.

They just need to stop using time travel so flippantly and hiding behind their inability to create excitement by using "service of the plot" as an excuse.

I was really excited to see Flashpoint. Just sad to see they have Barry regress so much. I wasn't expecting the new 52 or anything just something better.

Toa TAK

Banned
TIME REMENANT IS A BULLSHIT EXCUSE.

Yellow boy shouldn't be around anymore after season 1.

I'm thinking they will pull off Blue Lantern Barry Allen. Current Barry has done way too much damage and Savitar-Barry, in the Future, has decided that the only way to stop fucking even more things up he needs to go back and kill current Barry.

In short..... Barry still hasn't learned anything about time travel shenanigans.
That would be legitimate poetry.
What if Savitar is actually the Hindu god of motion?
We're not that lucky.

I would prefer if Barry was Savitar. Maybe they clean this up.

Yes, time remnants is a horrible, horrible, horrible idea. It leads into the whole "service to the plot" I mention.

Toa TAK

Banned
Yes, time remnants is a horrible, horrible, horrible idea. It leads into the whole "service to the plot" I mention.
Seriously. There's no reason that REVERSE fuckwit should be around anymore, that son of a bitch should be dead, destroyed, annihilated, killed forever. Fuck this time remenant crap.

They just need to stop using time travel so flippantly and hiding behind their inability to create excitement by using "service of the plot" as an excuse.

I was really excited to see Flashpoint. Just sad to see they have Barry regress so much. I wasn't expecting the new 52 or anything just something better.

I really want the writers and producers to use up the stupid time travel shenanigan's for the first few seasons. It's looking like they are but I don't have too much hope and time travel shenanigan's will still be prevalent in future seasons :(

That would be legitimate poetry.

It would but, and I think many would agree with me, I don't have faith that the writers will go that far and deep. We might get a mixture of things from different comics and that'll be the best we will get.

I would prefer if Barry was Savitar. Maybe they clean this up.

Can y'all imagine if Savitar was a name Bart Allen adapted so that nobody will recognize his actual name?! That would just be crazy! Then we are left dealing with two of the best Flashes. One has the potential to be the fastest, Bart, and the fastest and best Flash in Wally. Getting to a full blown Flash family.

Time Remnant was a stupid plot device that they just created for Zoom. Now that they are established, they will either abandon it or find a good use for time remnants. It's there so they better use it.

Toa TAK

Banned
It would but, and I think many would agree with me, I don't have faith that the writers will go that far and deep. We might get a mixture of things from different comics and that'll be the best we will get.
After fucking TIME REMENANT and not committing to keeping the Yellow Bastard dead I'm starting to feel the same.

ZeroX03

Banned
TIME REMENANT IS A BULLSHIT EXCUSE.

Yellow boy shouldn't be around anymore after season 1.

Seriously. There's no reason that REVERSE fuckwit should be around anymore, that son of a bitch should be dead, destroyed, annihilated, killed forever. Fuck this time remenant crap.

After fucking TIME REMENANT and not committing to keeping the Yellow Bastard dead I'm starting to feel the same.

Who the fuck do you think you are

Isn't that how they explained his return in season 2?

Nope. There was some mumbo jumbo about his connection to the speed force shielding him from the paradox. He died because of Eddie changing history, but his timeline up to that point remained. So he still exists, its just that every version we see is pre-Wellsobard.

ZeroX03

Banned
Isn't that how they explained his return in season 2?

Nope. There was some mumbo jumbo about his connection to the speed force shielding him from the paradox. He died because of Eddie changing history, but his timeline up to that point remained. So he still exists, its just that every version we see is pre-Wellsobard.

Ummm errr yes and no, they did call him the RF from S2 E11 a timeline remnant, but it seems to be different to the Zoom/Barry usage and now Flashpoint has completely diverged RF's history. Also the RF from that S2 episode is not the RF from Flashpoint/Legends, he's from later in the timeline where he was aware of Barry but after the timeline diverged. Killing a Zoom time remnant doesn't fuck things up, but RF being from the future means that version of the character needs to exist. Basically RF can never die/is everpresent* because he's always bouncing around history and speed force.

*because he's already destined to die. But it's TV shows/comics, he's going to be around until the final episode of The Flash to close the loop.

Toa TAK

Banned
Clearly I should've started Green Arrow before the Flash.

Ummm errr yes and no, they did call him the RF from S2 E11 a timeline remnant, but it seems to be different to the Zoom/Barry usage and now Flashpoint has completely diverged RF's history. Also the RF from that S2 episode is not the RF from Flashpoint/Legends, he's from later in the timeline where he was aware of Barry but after the timeline diverged. Killing a Zoom time remnant doesn't fuck things up, but RF being from the future means that version of the character needs to exist. Basically RF can never die/is everpresent* because he's always bouncing around history and speed force.
vJLWe.jpg

*because he's already destined to die. But it's TV shows/comics, he's going to be around until the final episode of The Flash to close the loop.
I can't wait for the day that guy finally gets his.

I'll be there when he finally goes.

Joni

Has it been said either way which RF is fucking around on Legends? I assumed it was post Flashpoint RF, but I was never 100% on that.

No, it still not clear. It might be the post-Flashpoint version which would be the easiest ot understand but it could also be the version that travels back in time before the events of the first season of The Flash. I think we need a gigantic timeline chart.

Speaking of Flashpoint again.... I wonder how many Flashpoint's Thawne has witnessed? He seems to have known or witnessed multiple Flashpoint's throughout his life.

There are at least 2 Thawnes. The original and Wells Thawne. The original is the one that's going on right now.

But he does seem to have a good understanding of messing with time.

Yager

Banned
Clearly I should've started Green Arrow before the Flash.

http://i.imgur.com/vJLWe.jpg[IMG]

I can't [I]wait[/I] for the day that guy finally gets his.

I'll be there when he finally goes.[/QUOTE]

Yo what's your problem with RF? I'll fight you. He's the true hero in the show.

Magwik

Banned
Hey guys what's going on in here ...

Time travel was a mistake

Toa TAK

Banned
Yo what's your problem with RF? I'll fight you. He's the true hero in the show.
RF is a small and petty dude who exists only to be a pain in the ass to The Flash and his family/friends. He's a little shit who should've been erased for good.

Joni

RF is a small and petty dude who exists only to be a pain in the ass to The Flash and his family/friends. He's a little shit who should've been erased for good.

No, he is actually trying to fill his plan, independent of The Flash.

There are at least 2 Thawnes. The original and Wells Thawne. The original is the one that's going on right now.

But he does seem to have a good understanding of messing with time.

I cannot wait to see what happens when the both of them somehow run into each other. What happens when two Reverses run into each other?

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
I cannot wait to see what happens when the both of them somehow run into each other. What happens when two Reverses run into each other?

Depends on the writer's mood. Flash has fused with his alternate timeline counterpart before, and he's also beaten himself up.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Depends on the writer's mood. Flash has fused with his alternate timeline counterpart before, and he's also beaten himself up.

How that usually seems to work is that if it is recent enough, like, the last day or so, the timeline hasn't set and Barry just merges with his other self.

If it's a few months ago or a few years ago, the timeline has set and there isn't a merge.

The real issue is how we still have the same Barry after he saved his mother.

Wait...

What if this isn't our Barry? Future Barry said you can't trust him.

ZeroX03

Banned
There was a time in the comics where Hunter (Zoom) went and grabbed Eobard (dead) to fight Wally, and Barry showed up (also dead). Anything can happen when two time travelers share a speed force, cuz.

Volimar

There was a time in the comics where Hunter (Zoom) went and grabbed Eobard (dead) to fight Wally, and Barry showed up (also dead). Anything can happen when two time travelers share a speed force, cuz.

Or the time Linda miscarried due to an attack from Zoom or RF and then they spontaneously appeared after time travel shenanigans.

Joni

So now we need to expect Zoom and Reverse versus Barry? Maybe Rivla and Trajectory as well in some sort of hallucination.

Top Bottom