• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Amazing job by Button, yay @ Kobibashi.

I wonder if race pace will work out similar or if qualifying is largely down to the strength of their DRS.

mclem

The start tomorrow is going to be unmissable. Lots of championship contenders low down and wanting to push high, and a couple of drivers high up who have a reputation for showing no quarter to overtakers... admittedly some being a bit less gentlemanly about it than others.

This top 10 makes no sense.

Just to write it out.

P1 Jenson Button - 7th in the standings
P2 Kamui Kobayashi - 10th
P3 Pastor Maldonado - 11th
P4 Kimi Raikkonen - 5th
P5 Sergio Perez - 9th
P6 Fernando Alonso - 1st
P7 Mark Webber - 2nd
P8 Lewis Hamilton - 4th
P9 Romain Grosjean - 8th
P10 Paul Di Resta - 13th

I don't know what is going on here, but I like it. It's insane.

untitled-8ffcm1.gif
untitled-10k3cv9.gif

Man, the break has really mixed things up. I never expected Button to even be close to pole, but he killed it. Sauber are looking great, glad I switched to them in F1RM.

Dilly

Banned
Just to write it out.

P4 Kimi Raikkonen - 5th
P5 Sergio Perez - 9th
P6 Fernando Alonso - 1st
P7 Mark Webber - 2nd
P8 Lewis Hamilton - 4th
P9 Romain Grosjean - 8th
P10 Paul Di Resta - 13th

And Webber also has a 5-place penalty.

Another weird top 10 this season =D. Well even though Kimi did not have the best possible last qualifying lap fourth place is pretty great if lotus has the same race pace as usual.

moojito

Would love to see Kobayashi on the podium. He seems like a genuinely nice dude. Also, chrome flagged up a spelling error when I typed "Kobayahi" by mistake, so clearly he has the support of google.

mclem

Webber being sneaky? Mentions how there's differences between, say, Lewis and Jenson's performance today, and then says "Yeah, there's some other teams where there's a big discrepancy"

mclem

Don't worry, people in this thread will blame Kobayashi. It happened last year ...

While it's fair to say that Kobayashi is occasionally a bit forceful and reckless, as far as I'm aware it remains fair - there's still an order of magnitude between that and what Maldonado's capable of.

Lach

Haha Koba's reaction to the note of him being the first japanese starting on front row.

Hope Sauber can capitalize those grid places. They can catch up to Mercedes and enlargen the gap to Force India.

I've traded Grosjean for Hamilton. Kinda regret that choice now.

mclem

Wait up. Tomorrow we get Eddie, Jake and DC taking a road trip in a touring coach to Spa?

That's... borderline Top Gear level of silliness.

Timbuktu

Wow. Was distracted from F1 news during the break with tall the Olympics and stuff. That grid...what on earth happened? I watched q2 and 3 but just don't understand what i saw.

bud23

Just to write it out.

P4 Kimi Raikkonen - 5th
P5 Sergio Perez - 9th
P6 Fernando Alonso - 1st
P7 Mark Webber - 2nd
P8 Lewis Hamilton - 4th
P9 Romain Grosjean - 8th
P10 Paul Di Resta - 13th

Alonso should be a happy man right now

Ark

Did Lewis say Jenson has the new wing and he has the old? Missed that.

Yup. Hamilton elected for the old parts as he often does, and as it often happens, they're slower than the new parts. He's losing 0.4 tenths on the straight alone to Button.

Top Bottom