• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

There is no room for this in a precision sport like F1. Grosjean made a huge mistake with big consequences and it isn't the first time he did this this season.

Wasn't really defending him, and of course there isn't any place for drivers to be careless in motorsport.

The point I was trying to get across was that contact often happens at the start. It's not an excuse for causing an incident but i understand that it's much harder to avoid contact at the start and first corner.

Like I said though I can't really put blame on anyone else and Grosjean definitely has to learn lessons about being more aware of cars around him. It's a massive shame that it's ruined so many people's race.

Shaneus

Happy with where Webber is. Not sure how he managed to get so far ahead of Vettel after their stops, but I guess Webber has to make his tyres last a little longer?
Wasn't really defending him, and of course there isn't any place for drivers to be careless in motorsport.

The point I was trying to get across was that contact often happens at the start. It's not an excuse for causing an incident but i understand that it's much harder to avoid contact at the start and first corner.

Like I said though I can't really put blame on anyone else and Grosjean definitely has to learn lessons about being more aware of cars around him. It's a massive shame that it's ruined so many people's race.
Contact has actually been pretty good the last year or two. Except for today.

Dilly

Banned

I can understand making contact as a consequence of getting sandwiched by cars during the start, Grosjean on the other hand had space enough not to make that manouver.

untitled-199fx0a.gif

That was close, nice move.

Sloane

Banned
Happy with where Webber is. Not sure how he managed to get so far ahead of Vettel after their stops, but I guess Webber has to make his tyres last a little longer?
Contact has actually been pretty good the last year or two. Except for today.
Think Webber will make one more stop than Vettel.

Webber pit much earlier than Vettel, I think he's defintely going to need to stop again. Shame, I'd rather Webber finish above Vettel.

Shaneus

Webber pit much earlier than Vettel, I think he's defintely going to need to stop again. Shame, I'd rather Webber finish above Vettel.
Yeah, I think so too. They always give Webber the extra-stop strategies which always end up biting him. So, so, so shit.

I suppose he could always charge, I mean we're barely half-way through the race, but... I dunno.

Dilly

Banned
Alonso out, almost killed.

untitled-201q0q.gif

Kobayashi's race seriously compromised after starting from P2.
Perez out.

Not even Maldonado's DNF helps to cheer me up.

Again, fucking Grosjean.

I'm going to punch my screen if I see him smiling during interviews.

Actually, I should just drive over to Spa and punch him in the face.

jey_16

Banned
Alonso out, almost killed.

untitled-201q0q.gif

Kobayashi's race seriously compromised after starting from P2.
Perez out.

Not even Maldonado's DNF helps to cheer me up.

Again, fucking Grosjean.

It sucks. I was really looking forward to this race. At least we have Mona in a week but I expect the Mclarens to dominate

Top Bottom