• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Joni

d'Ambrosio's not getting a full-time seat anytime soon unfortunately. I still think Lotus should've borrowed Bottas from Williams. The only reason Bottas doesn't have a ride is because Senna and Maldonado bring in money.
Lotus messed up by not letting D'Ambrosio riding any practice sessions. He only had one day in the car this season before Monza.

Let's hope Massa can take out Vettel, Hamilton and Button at the start so Ferrari's plan pay off.

Dilly

Banned
Lotus messed up by not letting D'Ambrosio riding any practice sessions. He only had one day in the car this season before Monza.

Let's hope Massa can take out Vettel, Hamilton and Button at the start so Ferrari's plan pay off.

And the only test session he had was in the wet.

Oh look that insurmountable 40 points lead went away in just 2 races. And I was thinking he was just going to run away with the championship since he always had the fastest car.
Always the fastest car? Did we watch a different season?
He has confidence after all...
He must be fuming. In an interview with Sky he said that he could've easily beaten the 1:24.0xx from Hamilton.

Nolan.

Feels like it.....can't believe when he actually has a semi decent car, everything falls apart

With a decent car they try and come up crazy strategies when in all honesty it should be opposite. Ferrari and Mclaren really fail hard at that whilst Redbull with a good or sub-par car always seems to be on top of strategy (at least on Vettel's side of the garage). Anyway I really hope Mclaren can finish where they qualify so the Championship can be shaken up even more.

NHale

The Ferrari International Assistance will do everything in their power to assist Ferrari.

It's no wonder he's confident.

Just like in 2007. Oh wait...

With a decent car they try and come up crazy strategies when in all honesty it should be opposite. Ferrari and Mclaren really fail hard at that whilst Redbull with a good or sub-par car always seems to be on top of strategy (at least on Vettel's side of the garage). Anyway I really hope Mclaren can finish where they qualify so the Championship can be shaken up even more.

No chance of crazy strategies because Pirelli believes the hard tyre lasts almost the entire race. It's going to be a 1-stop strategy for everybody. And even if Ferrari made up a crazy strategy it would just be a bad one.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I think that Ferrari race pace will not be as good as their qualy... They had plan for front row (to be safe) and they could create enough room for Fernando's cruise (with his lackey hold up the field) but all is upside down right now.

Ark

What's the bet Massa causes Hamilton and Button to crash out before turn 2?

I hope this silly GP2 race can lighten up my mood a bit, but I doubt it.

Not sure what happened on Hamilton's final run, but after seeing his pole lap he could have gone quicker himself.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Schumacher could provide us with some fun, if he gets in front of Massa or even one of Mclaren's...

@steveslaterF1
Ferrari has confirmed mechanical problem for Alonso. Poss rear anti-roll bar failure.

https://twitter.com/steveslaterF1/status/244423882797359104

Reputation damage control? I felt so sorry for Massa, the commentator didn't even welcome him back to the top 3 after such a long time (2-3 years?) he immediately asked him about Alonso! That's disrespectful

If they fix that "mechanical failure" does he get a grid penalty? or that's only applicable on engines and gearboxes?

Joni

Reputation damage control? I felt so sorry for Massa, the commentator didn't even welcome him back to the top 3 after such a long time (2-3 years?) he immediately asked him about Alonso! That's disrespectful

If they fix that "mechanical failure" does he get a grid penalty? or that's only applicable on engines and gearboxes?

They should be able to fix it without a penalty. They can work on the car, but they have to be finished by a certain time. (Can't work at night)

Ark

Strange to think the team that have had the quickest car in qualy pretty much all year are 5th and 6th in the standings, some 15 points behind 4th and 3rd.

bud23

I think Alonso will not have a grid penalty but anyways too bad, his car seemed the fastest.

Alonso;
“Something was broken on the car in Q3,” “I think we lost the most easy pole position of the year because we did 1m24.1s with an easy lap, and Lewis did 24.0s. We were expecting 23.5s or something like that. So we lost the best opportunity for pole, but that’s the way it is.

“For tomorrow the car will be OK, but for sure starting 10th will be more difficult. We know the problem, and we went out just to check if we could overtake one or two positions, maybe P8 or P9 or something like that, but it was not enough, and we lost too much performance. We’ll see tomorrow.”

AndyD

aka andydumi
So how many cars do you guys predict wont make it past the first corner? I think 3.

I hope they give the drivers a good firm instruction not to cut the chicane at the start. Otherwise the bitching in the thread will never end on who got what advantage and who was pushed vs. did it on prupose.

Goldrusher

monzast7hjwx.gif

paskowitz

So how many cars do you guys predict wont make it past the first corner? I think 3.

I hope they give the drivers a good firm instruction not to cut the chicane at the start. Otherwise the bitching in the thread will never end on who got what advantage and who was pushed vs. did it on prupose.

Hopefully not like this:

And more like this

I forgot about that crash last year. I love how he just glides into the pack with nothing he can do about it.

Still got not nothing on last week's though innit.

Dilly

Banned
I find it hilarious that a car that doesn't generate enough downforce to keep up with other F1 cars still is the slowest car in straight speed.

Things are shaping up to give us a bloody close end to the championship, what with Alonsos bad luck, Red Bull's lack of speed and the McLarens seemingly destined to take points off each other.

Lovely stuff.

Nolan.

Gary Anderson makes a good point, Mclaren really should get Lewis and Jenson to do some team work on track tomorrow somehow. Pull away and protect each others positions by making the track narrow with their cars then tow each other out of danger ha. Imagine.

Adamm

Kubica am back:

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/577113_437899696251338_143713936_n.jpg[/img

[url]https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=3705163948747[/url][/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm just a pessimist, but it really looks like he cant move his right arm properly. It pretty much stayed in the same position that whole video.

:(

Top Bottom