• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
d'Ambrosio's not getting a full-time seat anytime soon unfortunately. I still think Lotus should've borrowed Bottas from Williams. The only reason Bottas doesn't have a ride is because Senna and Maldonado bring in money.

keit4

Banned
I'm pretty confident that Alonso will recover tomorrow in the race what Ferrari lost today in the qualification.

FootballFan

What a disgrace from Ferrari, in front of their own fans. Was there possibly something wrong with the car, or are Ferrari really this stupid.

Dilly

Banned
d'Ambrosio's not getting a full-time seat anytime soon unfortunately. I still think Lotus should've borrowed Bottas from Williams. The only reason Bottas doesn't have a ride is because Senna and Maldonado bring in money.

I'd have no idea how Bottas would've done a better job in that Lotus today.

Ark

McLaren must be in dreamland now. Massive massive opportunity.
This championship is far from over now.

If Hamilton finishes top 2 tomorrow and Vettel & Alonso finish 6th or below, it's going to be a very interesting second half of the year.

Maybe McLaren can be the first team to finish 1-2 this year? Not sure if anyone else has managed it yet.

jey_16

Banned
Apparently technical issue in q3.....did it affect Alonso's first lap? So disappointing.....especially when he had a quick car

MrKaepora

Soooooooo bad Ferrari. What happened in there?
Mclaren were aces and I will be surprise if they don't take the top two tomorrow.
Great work by Di Resta.

Nolan.

Why are people blaming Ferrari? Alonso fucked up his two laps.

Because all they needed to do was let the drivers focus on their own quali lap, involving another driver into getting you up the grid creates all sorts of unnecessary complications, this time Massa benefited

NHale

Alonso to retire & vettel to win tomorrow.

Vettel into 1st place in WDC!

Now that's exciting. I agree with that guy, Alonso's leading by 40 is boring while Vettel leading by 88pts last year with the possibility of clinching in Japan was exciting. Yeah that happened...

I'm pretty confident that Alonso will recover tomorrow in the race what Ferrari lost today in the qualification.

Not going to happen. Monza is very hard to overtake if the cars are on the same pace, so don't expect any kind of magical recovery. It's more likely that he ends up DNF after a 1st corner accident than finish on the top 5.

I know I can be a bit of a downer and emotions play a part in this, but I'm confident that Alonso already lost the championship. He had a good run.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Mechanical failure on Fernando's car according to the Ferrari twitter account, can they fix it before the race?

Been looking several replays with 'slipstream' attempt and it seems that Fernando's DRS broke, because he was racing with DRS closed into reverse straight..

Quali results?

Code:
Pos  Driver              Car                   Time       Gap
 1.  Lewis Hamilton      McLaren-Mercedes      1m24.010s
 2.  Jenson Button       McLaren-Mercedes      1m24.133s  + 0.123s
 3.  Felipe Massa        Ferrari               1m24.247s  + 0.237s
 4.  Paul di Resta       Force India-Mercedes  1m24.304s  + 0.294s***
 5.  Michael Schumacher  Mercedes              1m24.540s  + 0.530s
 6.  Sebastian Vettel    Red Bull-Renault      1m24.802s  + 0.792s
 7.  Nico Rosberg        Mercedes              1m24.833s  + 0.823s
 8.  Kimi Raikkonen      Lotus-Renault         1m24.855s  + 0.845s
 9.  Kamui Kobayashi     Sauber-Ferrari        1m25.109s  + 1.099s
10.  Fernando Alonso     Ferrari               1m25.678s  + 1.668s
Q2 cut-off time: 1m24.742s                                Gap *
11.  Mark Webber         Red Bull-Renault      1m24.809s  + 0.567s
12.  Pastor Maldonado    Williams-Renault      1m24.820s  + 0.578s****
13.  Sergio Perez        Sauber-Ferrari        1m24.901s  + 0.659s
14.  Bruno Senna         Williams-Renault      1m25.042s  + 0.800s
15.  Daniel Ricciardo    Toro Rosso-Ferrari    1m25.312s  + 1.070s
16.  Jerome d'Ambrosio   Lotus-Renault         1m25.408s  + 1.166s
17.  Jean-Eric Vergne    Toro Rosso-Ferrari    1m25.441s  + 1.199s
Q1 cut-off time: 1m25.834s                                Gap **
18.  Heikki Kovalainen   Caterham-Renault      1m26.382s  + 2.207s
19.  Vitaly Petrov       Caterham-Renault      1m26.887s  + 2.712s
20.  Timo Glock          Marussia-Cosworth     1m27.039s  + 2.864s
21.  Charles Pic         Marussia-Cosworth     1m27.073s  + 2.898s
22.  Narain Karthikeyan  HRT-Cosworth          1m27.441s  + 3.266s
23.  Pedro de la Rosa    HRT-Cosworth          1m27.629s  + 3.454s
24.  Nico Hulkenberg     Force India-Mercedes

Dilly

Banned
I know I can be a bit of a downer and emotions play a part in this, but I'm confident that Alonso already lost the championship. He had a good run.

Same here, said it yesterday that Spa was the turning point and it certainly looks like I'm right.

The points gap to Alonso closing isn't going to be exciting, because he'll just fall back in the standings. I don't think it's going to be this epic, close battle to the end like some expect.

I'm feeling the same way going into Monza, if Ferrari don't have a good weekend then the championship seems like it might be out of reach for Alonso. Mclaren are on course to win 3 races in a row and they've looked mighty quick since Hungary.

Top Bottom