• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Draconian

Fucking Kimi man

untitled-4jgfqn.gif

Vettel on his way to his 3rd championship, no way the Ferrari can catch up now.

Looks like he could have and should have saved it but decided to try to power through the corner anyway and lost it again.

AAequal

Banned
Kamui 3rd after buttons penalty
So? He will fail at start and at the end of race he is some where between p7 to p13. I hope he is gone next season so the odd Kobi fever will die. I hope Alanso does well on next race, I really want to sen him take the championship, it's been too long since the last one.

Edit. Or maybe Grosjean will take him out.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Should be interesting first corner, but it think that both RBRs will drive their own race and both Mclarens will be gaining positions. Ferrari looks slow.

Hoping RBR will let Webber race him, but I have a bad feeling that the Aussie will get dicked around again somehow.

Vettel is almost untouchable from pole, and I don't see why Redbull nor Webber would would want to hurt Vettel's challenge

I'm hoping the Kimi will pass Alonso at the start and later on Button does as well so the gap between Alonso and Vettel narrows very quickly

Still don't see why Hamilton is going to Merc, I just do not see them bringing out a competitive car.

I think that's the whole point if you choose to believe Hamilton's reason

EDIT: What happened to Hamilton?

kiyomi

BBC Sport understands that although Kobayashi improved his time in the middle sector of the lap, where Raikkonen spun at Spoon Curve, he did not go faster than previously in the specific part of the track in which the caution flags were being shown. So he may well not be penalised.

Choc

Banned
Byron Young ‏@byronf1
Hold your horses......Vettel has been called to the stewards for blocking Alonso #f1
Retweeted by Sarah Holt

Vettel could be faaaaaaarked

Byron Young ‏@byronf1
Hold your horses......Vettel has been called to the stewards for blocking Alonso #f1
Retweeted by Sarah Holt

Mybe that's why he looked worried when he got out of the car. Still don't expect anything to happen.

Hammer24

Banned
Merc in a world of hurt. ROS developed the setup into wrong direction, had to scrap everything and use MSC setup for quali - as the result shows.
MSC originally didn´t want to drive in Q2 to save tires, but decided against it in last minute as he thougth he could qualify between P4 and P6. Result P23 instead of P24, and the tires are gone. :-/

Pimpwerx

Still don't see why Hamilton is going to Merc, I just do not see them bringing out a competitive car.

Apparently, the same reasons Schuey left champion Bennetton for a Ferrari team that hadn't won a championship in a decade and was off the pace. Ross Brawn channeled a little Pat Riley in convincing him, I guess. They have a chance to be really good. PEACE.

Fantomex

From a technical standpoint, I'm thinking Hamiltons move has a bit to do with Alonso. Having a team fully back you and say they will build around you really counts for a lot. I know he had that with Mclaren but unfortunately Mclaren has only one championship to show for it in 10 years. Also, one must think about the engine situation. If Mercedes already provide great engines for Mclaren, his feedback in the aero and telemetry department could really help improve their process.

Yep, that's all I got :/

Dilly

Banned
Vettel is almost untouchable from pole, and I don't see why Redbull nor Webber would would want to hurt Vettel's challenge

I'm hoping the Kimi will pass Alonso at the start and later on Button does as well so the gap between Alonso and Vettel narrows very quickly

It's gone in 2 races anyway, what does it matter if it happens now or in 2 weeks? Or are some of you still thinking that it's going to be exciting until the end?

Lach

Damn I missed the quali!

I'm concerned about the saubers. They are just not designed to stand on the starting grid for such a long time. :)

Shaneus

Webber's only 33 points behind Vettel and 62 behind Alonso with 6 races still remaining, he should go out for the win tomorrow, don't hold back.
Oh, I was being sarcastic ;)

why the would they let him race?
Not Webber on his own, but let Webber race against Vettel. It wouldn't be the first time they'd use the "we're only supporting the best chance for WDC" excuse.

I have a feeling Webber will do alright tomorrow. He's had a few good starts this year and he's traditionally done alright at Suzuka. If he can get the jump on him tomorrow, he should be able to hold Vettel off... their times during FP were that damn close I doubt Vettel could find enough time on him to either overtake or pull away.

Byron Young ‏@byronf1
Retweeted by Sarah Holt

I didn't see that... at least, they didn't mention it on the broadcast when it happened. Was that during Q3?

PS. Have I mentioned how much I fucking *love* Suzuka?

Adamm

I didn't see that... at least, they didn't mention it on the broadcast when it happened. Was that during Q3?

PS. Have I mentioned how much I fucking *love* Suzuka?

It wasnt shown, he was apparently blocked going into the last corner apparently.

Adamm

I wonder if that's why vettel looked so worried after quali. He must be expecting to get a penalty, although sky sports said its unlikely.

How is Brawn still in a job at Mercedes anyway? Without Rory or Honda's $1bn, 3 wind tunnels and trick diffuser the guy is a failure.

Vettel will romp away and win tomorrow, Button and Webber 2nd and 3rd

Adamm

Sky sports just showed a video of what happened from on board vettels car. It looked like he went off track to try and get out of the way, I'm not sure what else he could have done.

Penalty would be harsh

neoanarch

Sky sports just showed a video of what happened from on board vettels car. It looked like he went off track to try and get out of the way, I'm not sure what else he could have done.

Penalty would be harsh

Would be hilarious if Alonso got the penalty for forcing Vetel off. And by funny I mean karmic.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
FIA should include penalties for false reports on blocking/crashing etc

EDIT: Kimi is just awesome. :D

Adamm

FIA should include penalties for false reports on blocking/crashing etc

EDIT: Kimi is just awesome. :D

Yeah, im surprised there isn't any punishment for wasting the stewarts time.

But this time Vettel did get reprimanded, he just didn't get a penalty. So Ferrari wouldnt have been punished anyway :p

Top Bottom