• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Ark

Didn't Mercedes only recruit the big names this year/late last year? So next years car will be the one that has all their input from the ground up.

Anyway, see you all in six hours.

Welp, up in four hours to get ready for cycling... and somehow get down to my mother's house to actually watch the race. Odds on I sleep until 10am or something. =/

As much as i'd love to see Webber win it, it's almost impossible, i predict he'll hand P1 to vettel via the Good ole' pit stop pass, webber stops first and yields to Vettel, hopefully the race at the back will be fun! i could be wrong though... i better f'n be!

Shaneus

Yeah, I'm really disappointed with Caterham this year as well. I had high hopes for them this year and they have two really good drivers in Petrov and Angry Heikki... but too many mechanical failures. Things were looking so good for them, too! I think there was even talk of them challenging the mid-tiers before the start of the year... but nothing. Not even a single point (and barely doing better than Marussia) :/

As much as i'd love to see Webber win it, it's almost impossible, i predict he'll hand P1 to vettel via the Good ole' pit stop pass, webber stops first and yields to Vettel, hopefully the race at the back will be fun! i could be wrong though... i better f'n be!
How is it impossible? I'd say it's a safe bet that Mark will give it a fair fucking crack... and for some reason, I have a feeling he's in a slightly better situation going into the race than Vettel re: tyres (but I'm not sure why I think that). He used less during quali or something?

AcridMeat

Banned
Go Webber tonight
itlC4UbSWC5mZ.gif

CHOO CHOO

mblitek

Yeah, I'm really disappointed with Caterham this year as well. I had high hopes for them this year and they have two really good drivers in Petrov and Angry Heikki... but too many mechanical failures. Things were looking so good for them, too! I think there was even talk of them challenging the mid-tiers before the start of the year... but nothing. Not even a single point (and barely doing better than Marussia) :/

How is it impossible? I'd say it's a safe bet that Mark will give it a fair fucking crack... and for some reason, I have a feeling he's in a slightly better situation going into the race than Vettel re: tyres (but I'm not sure why I think that). He used less during quali or something?

I'm pretty sure you & I are the same on F1! Well, you have a deeper love for one M. Chin.

Yeah I think Mark has an extra Supersoft set? He didn't go out for FP3 I think? I watched FP1 & 2 but not 3. Mark always seems like the only driver that would say F@ck Off to team orders and win anyways. Should be interesting, hopefully not disappointing.

That said, I am out until I watch the race in ~12hrs :) Hopefully the title battle is still close after this race and I pray Grosjean has a good race. I feel for the guy!

Shaneus

I'm pretty sure you & I are the same on F1! Well, you have a deeper love for one M. Chin.

Yeah I think Mark has an extra Supersoft set? He didn't go out for FP3 I think? I watched FP1 & 2 but not 3. Mark always seems like the only driver that would say F@ck Off to team orders and win anyways. Should be interesting, hopefully not disappointing.
Deepest love ;)

That's good to hear if it's true. Could this have had something to do with it?
Webber had engine electrical problems
If so... why wouldn't all drivers skip FP3? Surely there'd be a lot of times when saving tyres would benefit more than any extra tweaking done in a third practice session.

BTW Whatever you do, do NOT read your Twitter until you watch the race. I *will* be spamming the hell out of it, most likely. Same goes for Facebook, here (obviously) and FS. Just saying :)

This is what I hope for:

1. Webber
2. Alonso
3. Hamilton
4. Vettel

That would be amazing, but we all know Horner will sabotage Webber, so:

1. Vettel
2. Hamilton
3. Alonso (maybe Webber)

Then again, Hamilton might have a mechanical failure, who knows?

1. Vettel
2. Alonso
3. Webber

Sloane

Banned
RBR keeps saying there will be no team order. Guess they've already sabotaged Webber's KERS? Or they are relying on him to fuck up the start.

Shaneus

So, what's the deal with Webber's tyres? Is the only difference that when he uses super softs, they're brand new rather than having done a few laps during FP?

PS. BBC Sport app + some DNS thing that lets me watch it on PS3 in HD = fucking HEAVEN!

Need to remember to turn off images so Sunhi doesn't kill my stream ;)

nny

So, what's the deal with Webber's tyres? Is the only difference that when he uses super softs, they're brand new rather than having done a few laps during FP?

PS. BBC Sport app + some DNS thing that lets me watch it on PS3 in HD = fucking HEAVEN!

Need to remember to turn off images so Sunhi doesn't kill my stream ;)

What "DNS thing" are you using?

Shaneus

Ooh... interesting.

Fuck, gearbox penalty for Ricciardo? I hope they lessen the penalty or increase the number of gearboxes next year... too many people have had races fucked because of it.

BTW love that comparison between Vettel and Webber. Interesting to see that Webber seems to be a little gentler with the car. Shame he locked up on that corner, he could've dominated those quali times and shamed the fuck out of Vettel rather than just barely beaten him. That'd give him a bit of a psychological advantage too, I reckon.

moojito

If Wibbah plans on anything other than yielding first place to Vettel at the start, it'll seriously compromise Vettel's race. Which is nice.

Top Bottom