• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Have a good feeling about Webs this weekend. Pole and P1!

ColbertCalledIt.gif

That was odd. It did sound like he said something about Massa, but I guess it could have been not being told about Mark.

Anyone have the sector times for Vettel's last lap?

Shaneus

That was odd. It did sound like he said something about Massa, but I guess it could have been not being told about Mark.
What wouldn't he be told about him? That he did a faster lap? It would've been too late for him to get a pole anyway.

If it was that he's pissed no-one told him Mark beat him to P1, he'll probably cop it I reckon.

Shaneus

Rocky said to Vettel "Why did you not tell me about Massa?"

Fuck. The commentators said they thought it was "Mark's lap". Sounded like "Massa" to me.

Psychotext: I have the F1 timer, lemme have a look at it for the times.

LOL @ Mark's shit-eating grin. Well done :D Never seen him happier.

Shaneus

I wonder if he would've been as pissed at Massa if Webber DIDN'T beat him? Sounds like sour grapes to me.
Edit: Vettel's last:
34.3 42.8 20.1
Best:
34.2 42.8 20.2

Webber's best:
34.2 42.6 20.3

So technically, it may have made a difference going by those times... but I doubt that if anyone caused a problem with someone else's lap, it'd only be by .1s

Draconian

Easy to see where your bias lies. Vettel did shit, not Webber doing well.

Yeah, I think not getting the pole is disappointing when he dominated two of the three practice sessions and the first two qualifying sessions. I would say the same if it were Alonso, Hamilton, or anyone else.

Bleh, just woke up. Webber woo! Hope he can win tomorrow, would be great to see him go on a run of wins, he's probably the only one that can challenge Vettel now in the remaining races.

Shaneus

lol, Grosjean you coward.
What happened? Other than qualifying badly so he wouldn't be anywhere near Webber, I mean.

Yeah, I think not getting the pole is disappointing when he dominated two of the three practice sessions and the first two qualifying sessions. I would say the same if it were Alonso, Hamilton, or anyone else.
For some reason, I had you confused with someone else who was having digs against Webs (similar shade of avatar, I guess). Apologies <3

Draconian

For some reason, I had you confused with someone else who was having digs against Webs (similar shade of avatar, I guess). Apologies <3

It's alright. I do think Webber did really well. I didn't think he had quite the pace Vettel did but he proved me wrong with that last lap. I just assumed like everyone did here beforehand that Vettel would qualify pole position, but I prefer this. If he did get the pole he'd likely just pull away from the field like he did last week at Suzuka. He needs to work on turn one though. I only saw practice session 2, but he looked like he was having issues in that corner.

Top Bottom