• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

kiyomi

Hmm, Kamui says someone hit his car, could do with more angles hopefully on BBC forum before everyone kills him for it.

Boring race.

Shaneus

Fantastic... an interviewer we can understand! BBC must be stoked, too.

Webber not looking real fucking happy. Probably because he has to wait half an hour to speak.

Dead Man

'This championship is in an exciting phase.' Direct quote of the local commentary. Fucking idiots. I think they are killing my interest in the sport, along with the shit racing and shit tracks.

Anything interesting happened?

Might just watch the pre-coverage.
Same here. Woke up, checked gpupdate and turned around again. Maybe I'm going to watch the pre-race and the forum.

On a positive note, it looks like Ferrari is second in the WCC. Not that it matters.

Shaneus

'This championship is in an exciting phase.' Direct quote of the local commentary. Fucking idiots. I think they are killing my interest in the sport, along with the shit racing and shit tracks.
Australian commentary?

If you have a PS3, seriously, sign up for that international DNS thing and get the BBC sports player. I watched the whole thing in *actual* HD, ad free and very little buffering.

Dead Man

Australian commentary?

If you have a PS3, seriously, sign up for that international DNS thing and get the BBC sports player. I watched the whole thing in *actual* HD, ad free and very little buffering.

My TV is still busted, watching on my gf's TV with no HDMI input.

Yen

Someone needs to give Lewis a hug.

Sniff Petrol ‏@sniffpetrol
See how pensive Webber looks. He can't focus on anything except the MASSIVE jug of squash he spotted backstage. #F1

Shaneus

Someone needs to give Lewis a hug.

Sniff Petrol ‏@sniffpetrol
See how pensive Webber looks. He can't focus on anything except the MASSIVE jug of squash he spotted backstage. #F1
Ahahaha. Who's account is that, anyone famous?

Also: "You don't want to get run over by the medical car, that would be quite ironic" bahahaha

Yen

Ahahaha. Who's account is that, anyone famous?

Also: "You don't want to get run over by the medical car, that would be quite ironic" bahahaha

You don't know Sniff Petrol?! The site and twitter is hilarious, but it's rarely updated and he only tweets on race days.

deroli

German RTL called it "a great race". Of course, because Vettel won today lol. I hope the next grand prix will be more exciting. I would not mind Vettel to get his third WDC, but I wanna see glorious duels on track.

Ark

untitled-1u7pli.gif

I can die happy now.

German RTL called it "a great race". Of course, because Vettel won today lol. I hope the next grand prix will be more exciting. I would not mind Vettel to get his third WDC, but I wanna see glorious duels on track.

I think we can all expect another Vettel win at India.

Dilly

Banned
Massa showed once again how bad the Ferrari is.

For goodness sake.

The Ferrari isn't a bad car anymore, it just isn't good enough to take a championship since the race in the Hungaroring.

Subtle, yet big difference. Alonso/Massa can be on the podium a gazillion times, as long as Red Bull wins it's all worthless.

Kinda boring race.

I loved how Massa was just faster than Alonso all through the race. Especially when he backed off by 2 secs in one lap just to set a fastest lap and come back within the "allowed" gap

I wonder if Ferrari started giving him the right pieces or something! It can't be that he just woke up suddenly and decided to drive good

Shame for Kimi. It's clearly now between Alonso and Vettel, and Alonso's only chance is for Redbull to have reliability issues

It would be boring to see Vettel and Redbull winning it again this year, but anything would make me happier than eyebrows winning. Kimi so far is still Ferrari's last WDC :)

EDIT: and those Redbull comments towards the end of the race were fantastic. They were bluffing, Vettel set fastest last sector fo the race in the last lap ;) .. maybe they were hoping Alonso would push harder and raise the risk of him going off or ruining his race or something.

For goodness sake.

The Ferrari isn't a bad car anymore, it just isn't good enough to take a championship since the race in the Hungaroring.

Subtle, yet big difference. Alonso/Massa can be on the podium a gazillion times, as long as Red Bull wins it's all worthless.

just saying that Alonso needed two team orders in the last races to be ahead of Massa makes his comments that Massa's second place in Japan was more luck even more ridiculous .
And without his "racing incident" with Raikönnen he would still lead the championship.

Dilly

Banned
just saying that Alonso needed two team orders in the last races to be ahead of Massa makes his comments that Massa's second place in Japan was more luck even more ridiculous .
And without his "racing incident" with Raikönnen he would still lead the championship.

because apart from the performance of the car -and ours is usually better on Sunday - circumstance can count for a lot. That could be seen from Felipe’s race, who started tenth, but produced a perfect race, fighting with the fastest cars.

Yes, no acknowledgement of Felipe's pace and race in Suzuka. But I suspect you're talking about this:

"Well, it's a bit because of the coincidences in the race that Felipe is second," he said. "Yesterday we qualified sixth and eleventh. We have had the same car for six races, without adding any new bits, and it's a bit thanks to the circumstances...

"Felipe did a perfect race, driving well, but there are cars which are a lot faster making a mistake after another and that has helped Felipe."

Saying that a second place on raceday is "a bit thanks to the circumstances" is not the same as "more luck than anything" as you put it.

Without his puncture at Suzuka he would probably still be leading, but he would lose it next race anyway. So, what is your point now exactly? Not the first time you post the same comment about Ferrari's car even though everyone agrees that it isn't bad like it was in the beginning of the season.

Mohonky

Redbull - so tired of watching them dominate, almost makes me want them to incorporate a control chasis and aero package. I can't understate enough how much I do not want a third straight Vettel title.

Ferrari - Why did they not have Alonso try to lose minimal time while allowing Massa past to attack Webber and have him hold or at least annoy Webber enough that Alonso could move? That made no sense to me at all. Worst case they could have just told Massa to back off and let Alonso past again if it didn't work. They guaranteed themselves a third place by not doing that, if they had they might have had a chance to get Alonso into second.....

Massa been on bit of a steady incline for a little bit now and the past 2 races honestly he's driven like his pre-2009 self. If he can keep that up why would Ferrari let him go? Good to see him up there again.

Maclaren - I give up. As a Maclaren / Hamilton fan, they've done everything they can this year to disappoint. The astro-turf was just the icing on the cake. At least it gives Maclaren something to whinge about but really that car has looked like bit of a dog for awhile now, they've made no improvements to it what so ever and it even looks now like there is something fundamentally wrong with it structurally.

On the plus side, plenty of side by side racing today with very few cars wiping themselves out. Was good to see the drivers apparently beginning to know when enough was enough and where to choose their fights.

McNum

One the Danish TV broadcast, a viewer brought up an interesting idea: Using DRS to catch up.

Let's say you have two teammates that need to close a gap. You have the one behind catch up, and use DRS to overtake, getting a boost for that lap. The next lap, you repeat that with the first car passing the second car again. And so on. Would that even work?

NHale

I'm finding really strange that those that claimed "races were boring" when we had a different winner every race and races decided on the last laps, don't make the same comments here when Vettel started winning races with 10 seconds lead?

It must be a coincidence, surely...

Glad I didn't watch the race live, man that was dull.

I started watching it as soon as it came up on iPlayer, and only 15 laps in I was considering just skimming through it. I wish I had, instead I struggled through it in a comatose haze :(

Massa has essentially been confirmed at Ferrari now, so he can safely go back to having horrible weekends for another year.

TCRS

Banned
I hate these early races. I am watching it now but I already know the result. And worse, I miss the neogaf commentary :/

lol @ BBC. Best channel for Formula 1. I'm watching on shitty RTL.. :/

And Vettel is leading the WDC :/

f0rk

Webber referring to himself in the 3rd person lol

Fuck man the track looks fucking deserted. Soooo many empty seats.

DBT85

Maclaren - I give up. As a Maclaren / Hamilton ... that car has looked like bit of a dog for awhile now, they've made no improvements to it what so ever and it even looks now like there is something fundamentally wrong with it structurally.

Odd, Hamilton and Button have been quite pleased with it apart from the failures. Hamilton even said that the car was the best it's ever been at Suzuka. They tested new components at Suzuka too.

Couldn't be bothered to watch the rest of the race after the 2nd round of pit stops. Red Bull are so far ahead that it's going to be a predictable end to the season, championship will likely be mathematically over before Brazil.

Shaneus

If there's one thing I can say that makes me Trulli happy about this weekend, it's the performance of the STRs and their drivers. Both Ricciardo and JEV drove above themselves today and had the points finishes to prove it. It's really looking like they're maturing as drivers now.

I doubt either of them will become RBR recruits to the level that Vettel became (but seriously, who could?*) but they've definitely done themselves proud this weekend. Pat on the back to both.
Man, I was hoping that the first few corners were an indication of what the whole race would be like. That fight between Webber and Vettel... so fucking good. But sadly, wasn't to last.

I miss when it was like that.

I honestly don't hate Vettel, I just hate that he makes everything too fucking predictable every. fucking. race.
Shame for Kimi. It's clearly now between Alonso and Vettel, and Alonso's only chance is for Redbull to have reliability issues
No more reliability issues. They're using the 2011 alternator now. Only hope we have is if they slip Vettel a 2012 one. I don't even know what sort of performance benefits there could be from using a different spec alternator (don't they all do the same thing?) but it's the only thing that would keep it interesting.

Need a Vettel DNF to keep it alive.

It would be boring to see Vettel and Redbull winning it again this year, but anything would make me happier than eyebrows winning. Kimi so far is still Ferrari's last WDC :)
Alonso? Massa? Button? I'm not sure who "eyebrows" is :(

EDIT: and those Redbull comments towards the end of the race were fantastic. They were bluffing, Vettel set fastest last sector fo the race in the last lap ;) .. maybe they were hoping Alonso would push harder and raise the risk of him going off or ruining his race or something.
The ones about the front-right? Yeah, I was hopeful at the time but looking back, you could see it was just a bluff. I'm just glad Webber got pole so Vettel couldn't get himself another Grand Chelem or whatever the fuck it was called.

I'm finding really strange that those that claimed "races were boring" when we had a different winner every race and races decided on the last laps, don't make the same comments here when Vettel started winning races with 10 seconds lead?

It must be a coincidence, surely...
Which races? I honestly can't recall (m)any races this year being called "boring". Possibly Monaco, but that's it. Honestly, it's not the winner at the end that makes the race boring, but the proceedings leading up to it. Hell, if a Caterham one next, it'd still be called boring unless it was interesting leading up to it.

Quite a silly comment to make, I think.
Webber referring to himself in the 3rd person lol
I missed it. What was it?

*Mitch Evans. Can't wait for them to give this guy a fucking seat. And he's an RBR driver-in-waiting, too... currently driving for MW Arden in GP3 (of which both Horner and Webber are team principles... hence the "MW").
Mark Webber told the media he was very proud of his protege, and he predicted Evans would move to GP2 in 2013. "There are a lot of good drivers in it (GP3),” he said, “yet it was Mitch who had the most poles and the most wins of anyone. He's learning all the time and I look forward to him moving up to another category next year and showing everyone what an exceptional talent he is."

Road

It'll be funny, if Vettel ends up champion, reading on GAF how 2012 was such a "boring championship" and how Vettel was "so lucky the entire season".

NHale

It'll be funny, if Vettel ends up champion, reading on GAF how 2012 was such a "boring championship" and how Vettel was "so lucky the entire season".

So exactly what happened here when Alonso was leading by 30pts?

If I were Alonso I wouldn't even bother racing the last races.

At this rate we'll see a lightning striking any car that can be a menace to his championship.

Oh the irony...

Top Bottom