• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

So looking at the points and my current wagers, hamilton needs a top finish, vettel needs to retire and raikkonen needs to finish low down the grid.

Apart from that it's been a good year, something was right in F1 this year to keep everyone grouped up in the points like this.

Sloane

Banned
I just hope we'll see an exciting race whatever the outcome. Nothing would be worse than Alonso being out after lap one. Then again, even if it's only raining a little they'll probably start behind the SC.

Adamm

I just hope we'll see an exciting race whatever the outcome. Nothing would be worse than Alonso being out after lap one. Then again, even if it's only raining a little they'll probably start behind the SC.

Alonso retiring would completely ruin the race :(

Bo-Locks

If Vettel retires then Alonso still has to podium. It would be hilarious if that dodgy Renault alternator breaks down again. Vettel would have wrapped this thing up a long ago if it wasn't for that piece of junk.

f0rk

If Vettel retires then Alonso still has to podium. It would be hilarious if that dodgy Renault alternator breaks down again. Vettel would have wrapped this thing up long ago if it wasn't for that piece of junk.

meh, Hamilton retired from 3 (?) races he was winning because his car broke. You can talk about hypothetical situations and their affect on the championship all day.

Bo-Locks

meh, Hamilton retired from 3 (?) races he was winning because his car broke. You can talk about hypothetical situations and their affect on the championship all day.

True, and I didn't mean to play hypotheticals, just suggest that there might be one last twist in the championship. McLarens reliability problems have been varied, with fuel pumps, roll bars, gearboxes etc all failing, but Red Bull's have been solely down to the Renault alternator.

I'm not sure I could deal with Fernando not winning the title again. Sports fandom is a cruel mistress, so much highs for me personally last couple of years, followed by so many lows.

No matter the outcome though, Alonso has earned all my respect. Had a tough time liking the guy when he was younger, but he's an absolutly amazing driver and seems like a proper nice guy as well. I really hope he magically gets the victory and the championship, but if that doesn't happen he still had one of the most impressive seasons I've ever witnessed. Same goes for Vettel btw.

Top Bottom