• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Shame that engine blew out at the beginning of last practise for Kimi. He said that he had to use settings from friday that were not even close to perfect.

DD

I said that Barrichello wasn't looking for a seat, but there are rumors linking him to Caterham. Fuck off, Rubens! Geez...

Adamm

I said that Barrichello wasn't looking for a seat, but there are rumors linking him to Caterham. Fuck off, Rubens! Geez...

Does Rubens bring any major sponsorship? Is his experience that valuable to a team?

What other reason is there to take him? (Apart from him being a super nice guy)

DD

Shut yer hole. We need more Rubens.

His time is gone, let new blood to get into the F1. I'd like to see Luis Razia instead of Rubens.

Does Rubens bring any major sponsorship? Is his experience that valuable to a team?

I don't know. I don't think that he has any sponsorship for the F1.

Andrew Benson ‏@andrewbensonf1
Ten-place penalty for @Pastormaldo for missing a weight check - third reprimand of the year is why it's so big. @alo_oficial up to seventh

ferrari just needs to pay maldonado to ram vettel right at the start and alonso has a shot at the title.

Check cleared.

ramparter

Banned
Now who's in font of Alonso?

Webber
Vettel
Massa
Prupose
The Hulk

For Alonso to have a chance, Vettel has to DNF, so let's assume that happens. What should happen so Alonso can be on the podium

Massa is a given, Prupose and Hulk are no match to Ferrari's pace, Webber always find ways to fuck up his race, so Alonso should catch him easily.

That's without hoping for any of the McLarens to pop. So basically all he needs is a Vettel DNFs and he has a good chance of clinching the title
Pretty much this, Vettel DNF -> many chances for Alonso to get the title
Vettel Finishes -> nearly zero chance for Nando

Rubens is good

Williams certainly didn't think he was valuable enough.

Williams team became a money hore, They ditched Rubens for Senna's money, simple as that

They definitely fucked up, as that car deserved a lot more points than it got.

Exactly, Maldonado is a joke and Senna is just slow

What's this I'm hearing about Maldonado getting 10 place penalty? I'm checking the news now, but I really hope it's a joke

Lol.. Maldonado actually got a penalty!!

Now when will Ferrari announce their giving Massa a gear-change?

What a fucking joke. All the teams and divers want Alonso to win and putting pressure on Vettel..

GOOO VETTEL.. WIN IT

Leunam

lKCGE.png

2011 Race Summary

Vettel lead the race after the start, but conceded the lead to Webber when his gearbox started causing him trouble. Vettel remained second in the race though, while Webber took his first, and only, win of the season. None of the other teams could match the pace of Red Bull in the race. Button managed to complete the podium with third position after being overtaken by Alonso early on in the race, but repassing him near the end. Alonso eventually finished fourth whilst Hamilton retired with a gearbox issue. Massa completed the year with a fifth place finish. Sutil, Rosberg, di Resta, Kobayashi and Petrov completed the points scoring positions.

Bruno Senna received a drive through penalty after colliding with Michael Schumacher at the entry of the of "Senna S" on lap 10.

Circuit Info

[Click for Onboard]

XR8gX.png

Laps
71​
Circuit length
4.309 km (2.677 mi)​
Race length
305.909 km (190.067 mi)​
Lap Record
Juan Pablo Montoya - Williams - 2004 - 1:11.473​
Most Wins (Drivers)
Alain Prost (6)​
Most Wins (Constructors)
McLaren (11)​

Previous Winners

2011 - Mark Webber for Red Bull-Renault
2010 - Sebastian Vettel for Red Bull-Renault
2009 - Mark Webber for Red Bull-Renault
2008 - Felipe Massa for Ferrari
2007 - Kimi Räikkönen for Ferrari
2006 - Felipe Massa for Ferrari
2005 - Juan Pablo Montoya for McLaren-Mercedes

Videos and highlights of the Brazilian Grand Prix

Highlights from the 1990 Brazilian Grand Prix.

Highlights from the 2009 Brazilian Grand Prix.

Highlights from the 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix.

Changes from 2011

-New debris fences have been installed on both sides of the track between turns 3 and 4.
-A kerb has been installed on the apex of turn 15.
-Tube inserts have been placed in the tyre barrier on the end of the wall at the pit entry.

GP Facts

-Five Brazilian drivers have won their home grand prix: Emerson Fittipaldi (1973-74), Carlos Pace (1975), Nelson Piquet (1983, 1986), Ayrton Senna (1991, 1993), and Felipe Massa (2006, 2008).
-Altitude is a factor at Interlagos: the circuit is 800m above sea-level. Cars require more wing for a given level of downforce than they would at sea-level; however the thinner air does mean a corresponding reduction in drag. For engines, the reduced amount of available oxygen leads to a decrease in power.
-2008 saw perhaps the most thrilling championship climax of all time with the title not decided until half a minute after the winner had crossed the line. In gloomy conditions Felipe Massa won the race for Ferrari leaving, McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton the task of finishing fifth. With rain falling he was running only sixth into the last sector of the final lap. Hamilton passed the Toyota of Timo Glock in the final seconds of the race and beat Massa by a solitary point.
-That has not been Interlagos’ only moment of drama. Between 2005-2010 the Brazilian Grand Prix played a significant part in every Drivers’ Championship battle. 2005 saw Fernando Alonso finish third to clinch the title with two races remaining. Alonso triumphed again the following year in a season-ending showdown with Michael Schumacher. The 2007 race was again a season finale and saw the outsider Kimi Räikkönen crowned after winning the grand prix, finishing the season one point ahead of both Alonso and Hamilton. In 2009 Jenson Button clinched the title at Interlagos with one race to spare and in 2010 Sebastian Vettel went into the race fourth in the standings but won to pull himself back into championship contention going to the final round in Abu Dhabi, where he duly won his first title.

MUBIM.jpg

Drivers Championship
OFyun.png

Constructors Championship
XsPHU.png

Fantasy League Championship
Z51AH.png

Joni

What a fucking joke. All the teams and divers want Alonso to win and putting pressure on Vettel..

GOOO VETTEL.. WIN IT

Massa will move out of the way for Alonso tomorrow, but accidentaly hit Vettel due to this move. It will destroy Vettel's car and let Alonso move up to fourth place. At that point Webber and Hamilton will get mysterious car troubles.

Adamm

There is no reason to 'change' Massa's gear box to move Alonso up. They only did it Austin because the dirty side of the track was very hard to get a good start on, they wont have that problem in Brazil.

And Massa will move over for Alonso the first chance he gets

Dead Man

GOOO VETTEL.. WIN IT

You are suggesting Maldonado missed the weigh in on prupose, to help Alonso?

DBT85

Massive congrats to Lewis and Jensen. I'd love to see a McLaren 1-2 for his last race with the team.

For me Lewis has been the most consistent driver this year but has been hampered by pit stops and reliability which is a shame.

With the two cars available I reckon Lewis against Vettel would have made for even more fun in the last few races.

Omiee

2010 was a suprise, 2011 was entertaining for me, this season has been all stress for most of the season as a vettel fan.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Massa locking up and taking Vettel out at turn 1 is happening tomorrow.

That would be sooo 'old-school' F1 that it just has to happen. XD

Shouldn't take much, a small front-wheel tap to one of Vettels rears and the race is on! :D

There is less water filling the Mariana Trench than would fall from Vettels eyes should such a thing occur.

Omiee

The reaction on this forum when vettel crashes or what ever will be unbearable.

So will his championship win be if he seals it tomorrow.

mxgt

Banned
I would be so happy if Massa takes out Vettel

Shame really, if McLaren weren't so incompetent it'd probably be a 3 way battle for the title.

Chris R

Great qualifying results, kinda hoping the track is wet at some point tomorrow though to make the race interesting.

And I wouldn't mind one bit if Vettel won the championship tomorrow, I just don't like it when he qualifies first and then cruzes around in first leading by 15+ seconds with nobody challenging him the entire race. Though if Alonso wins I'd be fine with that too, seeing how bad the Ferrari has been basically all year the fact that he is even still alive is somewhat amazing.

Give me one last Hammy win before he goes away into self imposed exile :(

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
My "ideal" result for tomorrow:

Ham / Button 1st / 2nd
Alonso 3rd
Vettel either taken out on T1 by Massa or suffering an alternator failure

Resulting in a McLaren 2nd place in the constructors and Alonso with a deserved championship (Because man, given the Ferrari it really would be a case of man over machine).

Can't see it happening in truth, but it would make me smile.

If Massa takes out Vettel they'd better be absolutely sure that the telemetry backs it up as an accident.

Even if it did, I think it would sour Alonso's title anyway.

Give me one last Hammy win before he goes away into self imposed exile :(

I think he'll crush it, assuming no reliability problems. Even if it's wet.

Omiee

A win Hamilton will be good to see to be honest.

RBR dont seem to be very fast to be honest. Could they have their car setup for a wet race?

AAequal

Banned
Shame that engine blew out at the beginning of last practise for Kimi. He said that he had to use settings from friday that were not even close to perfect.
Kimi doesn't care, just chilling and watching the practice sessions. I hope Kimi gets to keep his third place and see if he snubs the FIA prizegivings.

Also Pastor got third warning and is send all to way back p16.

Mario007

Resulting in a McLaren 2nd place in the constructors and Alonso with a deserved championship (Because man, given the Ferrari it really would be a case of man over machine).

Given the Red Bull car from the first 3/4 of this Championship I could easily say the same thing about Vettel.

Although my champs is deffo Kimi. Coming in after 2 years with a Lotus and seeming to finish the Championship ahead of Webber, Button and Hamilton. Who would have thought?

DBT85

A win Hamilton will be good to see to be honest.

RBR dont seem to be very fast to be honest. Could they have their car setup for a wet race?

By the look of Ferrari they certainly do.

I'd be surprised if they don't all have a little something for the wet weather anyway.

Though if the race starts and then is red flagged because someone complains of spray then all the teams can do whatever they like with the cars on the grid since the cars are out of Parc Ferme.

Omiee

By the look of Ferrari they certainly do.

I'd be surprised if they don't all have a little something for the wet weather anyway.

Though if the race starts and then is red flagged because someone complains of spray then all the teams can do whatever they like with the cars on the grid since the cars are out of Parc Ferme.

So we are really expecting rain tomorrow?

Top Bottom