• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Adamm

Sky really build up martin bundles grid walk each week.
The sad part is that's its probably the highlight of their show.

pants

At least the FIA no longer make up the rules, when needed, at Ferrari's behest. Those were frustrating times.

In theory the Schumacher era rules where put in place to curb Ferrari romping to the front, in practice, on race weekends what you say was often true.

Omiee

Sky really build up martin bundles grid walk each week.
The sad part is that's its probably the highlight of their show.

ITs not just their coverage, its the team they got. BBC just have an amazing team in eddie, dc and jake. Lee is just the icing on the cake.

The sky team is boring as hell.

Omiee

''Almost missed my grid because i did not realize i was so far back''

Lol rosberg.

We should see an interesting race from rosberg and grosjean.

Zinga

Banned
Red Bull are the biggest snakes in F1, every time you think they have been caught they slip out of the FIAs hands :( if this was Mclaren or Ferrari they would have had the book thrown at them.

I won't be paying for sky next year, I've learned from this season and watch bbc footage where ever possible.

Might get the sky online pack so I can stream on my tablet but not the full tv package again.

Omiee

He's just happy to be alive

Who wouldn't in his shoes. Gets to drive for lotus and is having a really good season so far.

Red Bull are the biggest snakes in F1, every time you think they have been caught they slip out of the FIAs hands :( if this was Mclaren or Ferrari they would have had the book thrown at them.

You could not seriously think that?

Hamilton sure he has some bad luck with the stewards.

I won't be paying for sky next year, I've learned from this season and watch bbc footage where ever possible.

Might get the sky online pack so I can stream on my tablet but not the full tv package again.

I'm just waiting for the two weird guys who always come in here to tell us how superior the Sky coverage is, compared to the BBC one.

Omiee

I'm just waiting for the two weird guys who always come in here to tell us how superior the Sky coverage is, compared to the BBC one.

LOL what?

There are actual sky fans here?

I dont get it they ruled in favour of red bull but its certainly not the end of it?

hmm

LOOOOOOOOOL Brundle, nico time for a quicky lol.

AndyD

aka andydumi
But it's only riddled with ads during FP1, FP2, FP3 and the pre- and post-race coverage. It's not that bad for the money you pay!

BBC is only covering half of the races this year and this GP isn't one of them.

It's a free Sky Sports weekend so I think you can create a Sky ID and stream the race on Sky Go for free.

Edit - You're not from the UK then, never mind.

Well, thanks guys, I'll be back later after it shows to read the dozens of pages of posts. Enjoy the race.

Omiee

FIA man just confirmed that the current ruling is not the end of it. Brundle thinks the FIA doesn't have enough evidence yet.

Which is weird since he said im fine with where we are right now. I think they will ban it from Hungary or after the Hungary grand prix.

smiggyRT

If they rule it illegal at a later date what would happen to their results this race? I imagine they would stand and Red Bull just be forced to change the car for the next race after the ruling.

kharma45

If they rule it illegal at a later date what would happen to their results this race? I imagine they would stand and Red Bull just be forced to change the car for the next race after the ruling.

Yeah they'll probably just make sure they change it for the future, I would seriously doubt the FIA would do anything more to them.

Omiee

Yes, FIA wont want to take back the win or podium places. Its bad for the image of the sport in their opinion. It will just be banned for the next race after the ruling.

Mohonky

As always, Redbull will benefit from an illegal design for a few races playing their 'that's not how we understand the rules' mantra and get away with no retro-active penalties; screwing the rest of the field.

What a fucking joke. They do it constantly because they know they can get the benefit from it for a few races before moving onto the next 'mis-understood' design.

Fuck off.

Omiee

As always, Redbull will benefit from an illegal design for a few races playing their 'that's not how we understand the rules' mantra and get away with no retro-active penalties; screwing the rest of the field.

What a fucking joke. They do it constantly because they know they can get the benefit from it for a few races before moving onto the next 'mis-understood' design.

Fuck off.

Thats what F1 has been all about for years. Looking for loopholes in rules and pushing the boundaries of what is legal within the rules.

S. L.

Fuck off.
The design is not illegal. So where is the problem? Maybe you should fuck off.

nny

I find it funny how the drivers have a small map of the circuit inside the car; just in case they get lost. ;P

Omiee

I find it funny how the drivers have a small map of the circuit inside the car; just in case they get lost. ;P

I find it weird actually. By the time the race starts some of these drivers would have driven the same lay out for more than 100 laps but they still have it.

weird.

Top Bottom