• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Atleast he has KERS man!

Ouch! that hurts man.. that hurts!

In all seriousness now. They are rewarding Ferrari who made the wrong call with the Inters and weren't able to set a time when they could.

Other teams are penalised for taking the right decision. If enough cars were able to set a time in a quali session then it should go on until the time ends and they can redflag the next session until all is able to go out

Salamndar

Damn I am missing the Qual. Session... I am still in the office configuring 9 cisco access switches instead of going home to have lunch watching some F1 on silverstone !!!!!!

Nolan.

Lewis is an idiot. His rivals are in 10th and 16th and he says over the <a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#">radio</a> that they should red flag quali.

I wonder if McLaren even gave him that info.

He nearly crashed into another car trying to better his time, so what good would it have been if he smashed his car to bits in the process?

Igo

Yeah, such an idiot...

Seriously?
Damn right.

The guy is in 2nd while one of his title rivals is in 16th and not improving. Just shut up and park the car until Q3.

He nearly crashed into another car trying to better his time, so what good would it have been if he smashed his car to bits in the process?
He doesn't need to call for a red flag when no one is improving. He's just asked to give his rivals a second chance.

Omiee

just leave it as it is right now and call it quits, well start the race tomorrow. Let perez have his first pole lol.

no way the rain is stopping any time soon.
So I should go to sleep? What happens if rain continues into the night and ends just before race tomorrow? Do they use the current Q2 results for race start?

Yeah I think I'll sleep a few hours and see what's up when I wake.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Is this is a sign of what the weather will be tomorrow, it'll be a boring race behind the SC.

So I should go to sleep? What happens if rain continues into the night and ends just before race tomorrow? Do they use the current Q2 results for race start?

Yeah I think I'll sleep a few hours and see what's up when I wake.

They run quali tomorrow morning if the weather is better

Lach

God this is horrible. Just run out the session and then make a break!

I can't beleive the swiss tv commentator (and co-commentator Buemi) agrees with the red flag. Happy I'm able to watch this on BBC.

Nolan.

Damn right.

The guy is in 2nd while one of his title rivals is in 16th and not improving. Just shut up and park the <a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#">car</a> until Q3.

He doesn't need to call for a red flag when no one is improving. He's just asked to give his rivals a second chance.

Because you can always guarantee that on your way back in such conditions you wont get shunted by someone else trying to do their lap etc.

Jenson saying he knows he can drive a car in the wet, why didn't he do that today then?

AndyD

aka andydumi
Soup! Sounds delicious.

Also, anyone have a picture of the pre-quali interview at Caterham where he says "Eddie says your team is disaapointing", and the Caterham manager gives him the death stare.
KuGsj.gif

Omiee

im torn in the one hand ferrari will get a new chance to improve on their times on the other hand i want a Q3 session to be honest.

Soup! Sounds delicious.

Also, anyone have a picture of the pre-quali interview at Caterham where he says "Eddie says your team is disaapointing", and the Caterham manager gives him the death stare.
KuGsj.gif

I think it was "most disappointing team in Formula 1 right now".

Dilly

Banned
Soup! Sounds delicious.

KuGsj.gif

Even EJ's face was hilarious.

So awkward.

pappe

Is there a time limit as to how long the quali can go on?

The race cannot exceed 2 hrs if i am not wrong. any such restriction for quali?

Joni

Better to have it red flagged during Q2 when you're in the lead then in Q3 when you realize you're only tenth. Hamilton is helping Vettel and Alonso, but it also means the track will be better in Q3.

I know you were.

I'm saying "Damn right," Lewis is an idiot. I guess i didn't make that clear.

Lewis putting his safety and that of his fellow drivers over his personal success! What a loser!

Or maybe, the rumors of Hamilton going to Ferrari are true and he is helping his brothers in red.

Top Bottom