• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

That soup looks AMAZING! DAT SOUP!

untitled-11bfjjf.gif

Omiee

that was a good point, its interference with the result by getting a red flag in there.

lotus can fix the kers now and ferari have another chance now.

that was a good point, its interference with the result by getting a red flag in there.

lotus can fix the kers now and ferari have another chance now.

I just hope the track is worst than it was so no one can improve their times.

Kimi should stay in and try to fix that KERS for Q3 and save tyres

Juicy Bob

I completely disagree with anyone who suggests modern F1 is 'pussified' when it comes to wet weather. For one thing, safety should always be the main priority, full stop.

The cars these days have more dry grip than in the 60s/70s/80s because they are designed to go as fast as possible in optimal conditions. That means that when it does rain, the loss of grip is far more substantial in a modern car, so it's more challenging to drive these cars in the wet when they can suddenly snap away from you. That's why I'd argue drivers these days aren't any less brave or courageous than those in the golden days were.

Now there is a difference between 'wet' and 'too wet'. This is 'too wet'. Why some of the drivers were even out there on Inters and not extreme wet tyres is beyond me.

Ultimately, while I enjoy the spectacle of watching these drivers tackle incredibly challenging conditions, I want to see a qualifying session, not a destruction derby.

mclem

lol this conversation between eddie and horner is funny as hell.

we might have the SC on pole.

Annoyingly I was trying to formulate a gag for here around the idea of qualifying under the safety car, and those basts beat me to it!

Nevasleep

Oh dear I hope the BBC don't end up canning Raiders of the Lost Ark again.

Also, a photo from Network Rail of somewhere up north.
WeEeel.jpg

Omiee

even if they start the session, the chances of people setting a better time before the time is over is small. The amount of water on the circuit now wont go away with 3 laps.

Horner saying they could go with car number, ha.

If qualifying couldn't start again then it would be fairest to use the standings as they are now.

A few people on Twitter have claimed that there's much heavier rain that could reach the circuit in about 90 minutes.

Teams and FIA are expecting it to be stop raining and to possibly restart the race with 40-60 minutes.

I just hope the track is worst than it was so no one can improve their times.

Kimi should stay in and try to fix that KERS for Q3 and save tyres

I'm not even sure that they can do anything to the car, as you are in parc ferme from the moment you leave the pits in Q1. They will be limited to any changes they can make to the KERS.

I completely disagree with anyone who suggests modern F1 is 'pussified' when it comes to wet weather. For one thing, safety should always be the main priority, full stop.

Ultimately, while I enjoy the spectacle of watching these drivers tackle incredibly challenging conditions, I want to see a qualifying session, not a destruction derby.

You also have to remember how dangerous Formula 1 was during 60's, 70's and 80's. Safety has to be the top priority as you rightly said.
The ride height of the cars also makes it difficult especially with all the standing water on the track. I can understand why this has been red flagged, as the cars would stop out and keep going until it would be red flagged because of an accident.

If qualifying couldn't start again then it would be fairest to use the standings as they are now.

Teams and FIA are expecting it to be stop raining and to possibly restart the race with 40-60 minutes.

I'm not even sure that they can do anything to the car, as you are in parc ferme from the moment you leave the pits in Q1. They will be limited to any changes they can make to the KERS.

I don't think parc ferme rules apply on them now. TV feed just showed that his car (Kimi) almost fully torn down

nny

Oh, new thread! Hm..should I wait before going home or go now (30 minute drive) and catch the quali there?

Bernie: "With what?" ahah

Lee is afraid of getting inside; I don't blame her.

Top Bottom