• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013-2014 Off-Season |OT| Powered by 1.6L V6 Turbo

Risgroo

They might need to tweak the distances allowed for a set of tyres, but it could turn out to be pretty goodl IMO. It all depends on the tyres though, if they wear out pretty quickly everyone will just cruise to a two stopper, but if they're durable we could see some nice sprint racing.

Anyway, it might not happen at all, so don't freak out just yet!

Deadman

So introduce tyres that degrade rapidly to encourage different strategies and then enforce one strategy for everyone? Cool.

So introduce tyres that degrade rapidly to encourage different strategies and then enforce one strategy for everyone? Cool.

Yeah, that's what annoys me about it. Why bother with pitstops at all in that case?

I mean refuelling was dangerous, that's gone. Pitstops are dangerous too, so best to have tyres that last all race and have those gone as well.

Dave_6

Ferrari trying to be discreet in their testing of next years engine. They stuck it inside a modified LaFerrari like they did when they moved to V8 engines and used the Enzo.

Well that sounded great to me! I had a feeling they would sound much better out of a dyno cell.

Zeknurn

Lotus twitter just confirmed their lineup in their way.

@Lotus_F1Team: You never forget your first time...
BaQDJF7CAAEvaJ7.jpg

For me the acid test will be hearing it in person. F1 cars in video have very little impact (aurally) vs how they do in the real world.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Hey, I would like to see mandatory toilette stop during the race. Where can I inform FIA about this idea?

Ferrari trying to be discreet in their testing of next years engine. They stuck it inside a modified LaFerrari like they did when they moved to V8 engines and used the Enzo.

This is quite normal practice when new engines are developed, they are fitted on 'mule' cars and driven around.... I bet that Mercedes and Renault did the same thing on their testing tracks.

kharma45

This is quite normal practice when new engines are developed, they are fitted on 'mule' cars and driven around.... I bet that Mercedes and Renault did the same thing on their testing tracks.

No doubt. In my head Renault have their V6 in the rear of a Clio.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Wow, Austrian GP is nearly sold out. Only expensive tickets remain. Well, it is Hungaroring for me :(

Do you live in Australia? Regardless, we should catch up in Melbourne. I say that every year to everyone on GAF that goes, but I'd love to make a point of it next year.

I have an office in Melbourne, I work in Tokyo and Hong Kong but I live in Helsinki.
Lets see how it goes, where are you sitting?

By the power of international communications and jet planes I am able to make it work. It can be a pain in the ass sometimes but I can usually plan my travel around the asian races.
Bizarely I always seem to be in Japan in october....

I decided for this year I am changing seats for the races. Normally I sit on S/F or on T1, you usually see OTing or failed attempts. I am going for speed now, so at Melbourne I will be at Waite.

Shaneus

Ah, nice. I'm still not sick of the sound of downshifting, and it'll be interesting to hear how the V6s sound doing so. Hopefully not like arse.

The V6's will sound great of course, and with the turbo whine its going to be a great new chapter.
I remember the snarl of the old Ferrari 412 V12's and when they were gone the V8's were fine too. It will all be fine.

Recall

Paul Di Resta without a seat for 2014 is the biggest pile of shit ever. He out performed Sutil and then gets dropped like a brick. So gutted.

Top Bottom