• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013-2014 Off-Season |OT| Powered by 1.6L V6 Turbo

NHale

With a nose even worse than that, I want FIA to allow the body wings to return.

TyrrellXWings.jpg

Let's go for a home run of ugly.

TCRS

Banned
Lewis Hamilton never paid his father for being his manager

Formula One champion Lewis Hamilton once offered to give his father and former manager, Anthony, a cash gift of up to $4 million after the father-son pair split in 2010. But in a court hearing, he said he never was paid by his son nor accepted cash gifts from him, The Telegraph reports. The court hearing was part of a lawsuit claiming wrongful termination and loss of earnings filed by A. Hamilton against Paul Di Resta, an F1 driver he managed until he was sacked in 2012.

L. Hamilton at some point withdrew the multi-million dollar gift to his father for unknown reasons, and A. Hamilton said in the hearing that he didn't know why his son withdrew the gift. "It is not my place to go money-grabbing to my son. It's not my business. He makes his own decisions," he said.

While A. Hamilton didn't end up taking the gift, he did say under cross-examination that he intended to put it into a HSBC bank account in Guernsey linked to a company in the British Virgin Islands that is registered to Davidson Hamilton, his father. But A. Hamilton said that his intention was not to hide the money by placing it in the account, and he said he wanted his sisters to be the "ultimate beneficiaries" of the money.

D. Hamilton, through all this, was suffering from an unspecified affliction and was not in control of his actions, The Telegraph reports, and Paul Downes, who is representing Di Resta in the case, said that A. Hamilton actually was in control of the company registered to his father. A sordid affair if we've ever heard one...

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/12/07/lewis-hamilton-never-paid-his-father-manager/

the fuck is going on there

‏@f1enigma 1m

Sport365.fr reports that @maxchilton father is no longer at AON and that the company decided to stop motorsport sponsorship

Hopefully this means Chilton is done.

Mastah

What a stupid, stupid idea. Fuck FIA and the teams, fuck the show. I want the same sport I was in love with until 2011, when they started to ruin everything :(

Ark

It's a dumb idea on the same level of 2005's great 'you may not change tyres during a race' rule. Next year's championship is going to either be a stomp, or be controversial.

Ark

Thanks Vettel.. ;)

It's counter intuitive to have double points in the final race and have a budget cap too.

Ignoring the obvious sillyness of the rule, a driver or team shouldn't be punished twice as much for having someone crash into them/mechanical/tyre failure. The Pirelli's have been far from reliable this year and next year we have an entire new engine and ERS.

cmr-94

I hope there is an outcry over the double points

4th place at abu dhabi worth 1 point less than victory at monaco

Addnan

Kimi would have been 2x world champion had the rule been in place before, Alsono would have won 2012 and Massa would have won a WDC ;_;

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Not a fan of double points. All races should be equal (although on second thought, I wouldn't mind non-championship events over shorter distances).

pants

Absolute horseshit. With all the anti competition rule changes and now A FOR AWESOME wins and fucking bonus points F1 has become an entertainment show, this is no longer a fucking sport.

Leunam

Not a fan of double points. All races should be equal (although on second thought, I wouldn't mind non-championship events over shorter distances).

I don't think teams would want to jump into non-championship events at the risk of driver injury or engine/gearbox wear if there are no points on the line.

cmr-94

Why would the teams agree to this? I don't understand

On the other hand, I'm pleased with all the other changes

Deadman

So stupid. I dislike all of those changes except the additional test.

I guess abu dhabi were tired of not getting the championship decided at their race so they had it be worth double to guarantee it.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I don't think teams would want to jump into non-championship events at the risk of driver injury or engine/gearbox wear if there are no points on the line.

It'd be for money and prestige and trying out new tech and new drivers. Like a glorified test :)

moojito

I'd like it if any of you good folks could calm your flailing knees long enough to say why you think this double points is such a bad idea. Sometimes it seems like any announcement short of "Senna returns from the dead" is met with the "preorder cancelled, I'm out of f1
see you in march
" outbursts, and I'm not entirely sure a lot of you know exactly why you're saying it, short of everyone else doing the same.

I'd like it if any of you good folks could calm your flailing knees long enough to say why you think this double points is such a bad idea. Sometimes it seems like any announcement short of "Senna returns from the dead" is met with the "preorder cancelled, I'm out of f1
see you in march
" outbursts, and I'm not entirely sure a lot of you know exactly why you're saying it, short of everyone else doing the same.

It's pretty bloody obvious why it's a bad idea. I'd love to know why you don't seem to agree though.

moojito

It's pretty bloody obvious why it's a bad idea. I'd love to know why you don't seem to agree though.

I don't know if it's a bad idea or not. I've yet to see how it will affect upcoming seasons, so I don't see how I'm in any position to say in advance whether it's a good thing or a bad thing. Unlike yourself, who seems to be aware of an apparently obvious fact I must be missing. Feel free to enlighten me!

cmr-94

I don't know if it's a bad idea or not. I've yet to see how it will affect upcoming seasons, so I don't see how I'm in any position to say in advance whether it's a good thing or a bad thing. Unlike yourself, who seems to be aware of an apparently obvious fact I must be missing. Feel free to enlighten me!

By that logic would you be willing to have artificial rain implemented? As it's impossible to tell if something is a bad idea before you try it

For me it's ridiculous because you're likely to encourage teams to go safe for a bunch of races before just so that they have a fresh engine and gearbox for the last race. Not to mention teams wasting money to develop a massively specific package for that race.

More than that though, I don't want to see someone lose the title just because they had bad luck on that particular day.

(That's without getting into the whole team tactic thing. 50 points could well make it worth doing backroom deals.)

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
For me it's ridiculous because you're likely to encourage teams to go safe for a bunch of races before just so that they have a fresh engine and gearbox for the last race. Not to mention teams wasting money to develop a massively specific package for that race.

More than that though, I don't want to see someone lose the title just because they had bad luck on that particular day.

Getting wiped out by Maldonado at the final corner~~~

moojito

By that logic would you be willing to have artificial rain implemented? As it's impossible to tell if something is a bad idea before you try it

Sprinklers, red shells, canyon jumps. Yep, bring it all on. I've been watching f1 since the 80s and I don't really consider any period the golden era. The folk in charge have yet to "ruin" the sport for me with the exception of Indy '05, and I pretty much trust their judgement on these things.

cmr-94

Sprinklers, red shells, canyon jumps. Yep, bring it all on. I've been watching f1 since the 80s and I don't really consider any period the golden era. The folk in charge have yet to "ruin" the sport for me with the exception of Indy '05, and I pretty much trust their judgement on these things.

Well there we go, it's clear you don't care for F1

RayStorm

Just for the record: I would love artificial rain at random points during a race in random intensity and for a random duration.

That being said...
Double points for the last race is a bit too gimmicky for me. It's like an even worse implementation than the NASCAR chase for the cup. In theory a playoff-system in motor sports does not have to be a bad thing. Or some sort of grand slam with more than one race counting more points wouldn't necessarily have to be bad.

Fisico

Should we assume it's a mere coincidence that the last race of the 2014's season will not be Interlagos but Abu Dhabi ?

Top Bottom