• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013-2014 Off-Season |OT| Powered by 1.6L V6 Turbo

moojito

Paul Di Resta without a seat for 2014 is the biggest pile of shit ever. He out performed Sutil and then gets dropped like a brick. So gutted.

I hear that Sutil gives good feedback to the engineers so is more of a benefit from a development point of view, whereas I imagine di resta just complains a lot.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I hear that Sutil gives good feedback to the engineers so is more of a benefit from a development point of view, whereas I imagine di resta just complains a lot.

I think that king of complaining is Jenson. You know, everything understeers in his hand. Or he is still searchin for that mythical grip. Maybe they developed a voice filter that remove 'understeer' from any radio chat between pitwall and driver :D

Deadman

Watching races from 1999 on sky. I loved the cars from this era so much. I like the on screen graphics too, that classic yellow and white text.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
This photo is rumored to be the Honda F1 engine in testing in a NSX racing concept.
The top mounted air scoop like F1 cars is a clue.

Bagj1mwCYAAmJ2P.jpg:large

I think that king of complaining is Jenson. You know, everything understeers in his hand. Or he is still searchin for that mythical grip. Maybe they developed a voice filter that remove 'understeer' from any radio chat between pitwall and driver :D

Maybe he can help finding the power steering for Trulli.

pants

If there are two drivers of the last decade that I am sad didnt live up to their potential then it is Fisi and Trulli. Trulli at least had a couple of seasons at Renault vs Alonso where he didnt do too bad and Fisi has a couple of race wins but meh he was destroyed by Alonso at Renault

pants

I wish you guys could go back in time and see the Trulli that was fast on Saturday, fast on Sunday and hungry to do his best that drove at Prost and Jordan, we were all convinced he would be a world champion, pity his temperament changed and he never had a car.

Well, I think you are looking back with rose tinted glasses,all anyone remembers of Trulli are the 'Trulli-Trains', which were ridiculous!
He could wrap up the occasional fast lap, but had zero consistency. It was thanks to the terrible air buffer behind him that other drivers werent plowing him every lap. Trulli would not have been able to hide in the DRS era.

Fisico

If there are two drivers of the last decade that I am sad didnt live up to their potential then it is Fisi and Trulli. Trulli at least had a couple of seasons at Renault vs Alonso where he didnt do too bad and Fisi has a couple of race wins but meh he was destroyed by Alonso at Renault

Dat Brasil 2003
He was even voted best driver by the drivers themselves in F1 Racing (in 2003 too I think) and after Australia 2005 many were thinking he was going to crush Formula 1 from now on, everything after was a big letdown for him but at least he got to drive for Ferrari even if it was for a few races in the worst conditions with the worst car Ferrari had for a decade.

Gruso

I'm really wary of judging drivers by their radio messages. We get such a tiny slice of what is said over the course of a weekend, and what we do hear is carefully chosen for broadcast by FOM staff who are effectively in the business of entertainment.

Button: I'm understeering
Vettel: Get him out of my way (30 laps later: I love you boys)
Hamilton: Stop talking to me
Kimi: mmrrmfmrmmblbl

We know there's more to these guys than these radio catch phrases. They wouldn't be in top teams if this was all the feedback they had to offer. FOM just gives us the quotes that make for a good show. It's like high speed Big Brother.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Gruso, I am not judging Jenson on radio comm, but he is complaining about understeering as long as he is in F1. Hell, even in BrawnGP car in the second half suddenly developed understeering...

Fisico

Stupid broke Lotus had to sign Loldonado, Hulk should be there.

Are we even sure the Lotus 2014 will be better than the Force India 2014 ?
With the Mercedes engine and all this talk about staff leaving, it wouldn't be surprising to see some kind of decline for Lotus next year
not to mention Loldonado of course

wait, what? Lotus Mercedes? What did I miss and when?

It was a reference to Force India's engines.

I also find it rather amusing that Hulk's deal is so prominently being described as "multi-year" when we all know he'll probably be moving on again in another year (regardless of what the contract says), either because he has the opportunity of a faster seat, or he's been dropped due to lack of sponsorship cash. Again.

NHale

Eddie Jordan was right again. When everyone was saying Hulk to Lotus was a lock, he was the first and only one to clearly say that Hulk was going to Force India.

Now we need to wait to see if the other Eddie Jordan "prediction" is also true: Alonso to McLaren in 2015.

Leunam

Drivers and calendar for next year updated. No Korea or India, and Mexico and New Jersey have been dropped, to no ones surprise.

Deadman

http://www.fia.com/news/world-motor-sport-council-3

16/03 AUS Grand Prix of Australia
30/03 MYS Grand Prix of Malaysia
06/04 BHR Grand Prix of Bahrain
20/04 CHN Grand Prix of China
11/05 ESP Grand Prix of Spain
25/05 MCO Grand Prix of Monaco
08/06 CAN Grand Prix of Canada
22/06 AUT Grand Prix of Austria
06/07 GBR Grand Prix of Great Britain
20/07 DEU Grand Prix of Germany
27/07 HUN Grand Prix of Hungary
24/08 BEL Grand Prix of Belgium
07/09 ITA Grand Prix of Italy
21/09 SGP Grand Prix of Singapore
05/10 JPN Grand Prix of Japan
12/10 RUS Grand Prix of Russia
02/11 USA Grand Prix of USA (Austin)
09/11 BRA Grand Prix of Brazil
23/11 ARE Grand Prix of Abu Dhabi

19 Races again. Doesn't russia in october run a risk of snow during a race?

And the WEC:

20/04 GBR 6 Hours of Silverstone
03/05 BEL 6 Heures de Spa-Francorchamps
14-15/06 FRA 24 Heures du Mans
31/08 BRA 6 Hours of Sao Paulo
20/09 USA 6 Hours of Circuit of the Americas
12/10 JPN 6 Hours of Fuji
01/11 CHN 6 Hours of Shanghai
15/11 BHR 6 Hours of Bahrain

I might go to silverstone again next year.

Deadman

Oh right, i assumed that since they were having the winter olympics there it got very cold. But they are having the grand prix around the indoor arenas they are making for the olympics in a warm area, the outdoor events take place up in the mountains (45km away)

DD

New Formula-E calendar:

Sep - 13 China - Pequim
Oct - 18 Malasia - Putrajaya
Nov - 15 Brazil - Rio de Janeiro
Dec 13 - Uruguai - Punta del Este
Jan 10 - Argentina - Buenos Aires
Fev 14 - USA - Los Angeles
March 14 - USA - Miami
May 9 - Monaco - Monte Carlo
May 30 - Germany - Berlim
Jun 27 - England - London

Bap0Bk1CYAEgC30.jpg

acm2000

That is so fucked up. And the worst is that one team decided to vote against a weight limit increase.

"I think it should be changed... All teams bar one did vote for that weight limit to be increased and it has to be unanimous - but there was one team that objected to it."

How can one team alone block such a decision, when the other 10 teams are for it? That's bullshit.

ferrari? lol

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
One for Wax Free Vanilla with it being reported that Ron Dennis is looking to buy back control of McLaren F1.
He is said to be extremely unhappy with the performace of the team in recent times and is lining up to buy back into control of the team.

Whitsmarsh out and Dennis in for 2015 Honda Dream Team!!

Sky News

NHale

One for Wax Free Vanilla with it being reported that Ron Dennis is looking to buy back control of McLaren F1.
He is said to be extremely unhappy with the performace of the team in recent times and is lining up to buy back into control of the team.

Whitsmarsh out and Dennis in for 2015 Honda Dream Team!!

Sky News

Bye bye Alonso. Eddie Jordan was wrong.

dubc35

Good hopefully Ron can get them a podium.

And, uh, well....really? wtf?
Bernie Ecclestone has revealed that Italian motor marque Ferrari has a veto over who will succeed him as the boss of Formula One.

“We must obtain the written consent of Ferrari prior to the appointment of any person as our chief executive officer if, within the past five years, he or she has held a senior executive office or an ownership interest of 5% or more in any Team or automobile manufacturer which either owns more than a 5% interest in a team or is a supplier of engines to a team.”
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/12/05/sport/motorsport/f1-bernie-ecclestone-ferrari-successor/

He´s not a good choice, he´s Bernie´s choice. This is more or less a done deal already.

For some reason I can't see him in that position. And the fact that he was picked by the Gnome himself makes me even more suspicious.

In other news, Todt stays on the throne.

I will be Bernie his successor.

Bringing back the V12s, locking up Spa and Montreal for the next 50 years, unlimited testing for everybody.

Just what the fuck is going on in this sport.

Toby Moody ‏@TobyMoody
"Had lunch yesterday with a senior F1 aero guy. Says new F1 2014 chassis regs mean front nose might be worse than this "

Ob6QOEE.jpg

How the fuck could it be worse?

Top Bottom