• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013-2014 Off-Season |OT| Powered by 1.6L V6 Turbo

The hideous noses will definitly be fixed year. But im already starting to miss the screaming engines from previous years. The turbo engines just sound so muffled and slow... I dont really hear the quick acceleration and switching gears anymore. Hopefully its because they are still easy on them but i fear not.

Lach

Well.....at least it's not a penis? I guess?

I wanted to join the caterham camp this years because of KK but I'm not so sure anymore...

Hasney

@SkySportsF1
Lotus have reiterated that the two pronged nose design on the E22 is legal

No shit. They were never going to come out and say "Well we think it's illegal but we're trying to sneak it by. Keep it to yourself."

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Caterham what... no, really...

That is fucking hilarious. :D

chadskin

Jean-Eric-Vergne-Toro-Rosso-Formel-1-Jerez-Test-28-Januar-2014-fotoshowImage-45dd45c-751261.jpg

Vergne stopped the car for unknown reasons, via AMuS

88random

Well, I just saw the pictures... Wtf are those dildo noses? That Caterham is hilarious.

Merc and Ferrari are ok looking for now.

dubc35

So far.

"A total of 78 laps run today. Only 4 drivers setting a flying lap.
Kimi Raikkonen set the fastest time in his Ferrari, a 1:27.104"

About what was expected IMO. Last year a lot was carried over so they could focus on aero and mechanical setups. This year they're focusing on everything working, and some teams are failing that miserably. I would expect them to push more in the 2nd and 3rd tests, although we only have Qualy and GP times to go off at Bahrain.

Mastah

Tobias Grüner F1 ‏@tgruener 1m

Sebastian Vettel reported some kind of overheating in the back of the car. "We have to look what was catching fire."

And that happened after only 3 laps!

"Tobias Grüner F1 ‏@tgruener 2m

Sebastian Vettel reported some kind of overheating in the back of the car. "We have to look what was catching fire.""

Red Bull's dominating era is finally over. They can pack it up.

Lucius86

Banned
"You call that a knife? This is a knife"

Aerodynamically, it looks pretty smart though.

I am no aerodynamicist, but it's a clever looking interpretation I agree. If it works in closing the gap to the midfield is another matter - I hope so.

Changing that front wing after 1st corner bumps will be interesting. Plus Caterham have saved a lot of carbon fibre with their concept - looking boss AND saving money. Genius.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I just can't see how can Catherhams front nose work with airflow... Will wait for Scarbs analysis

Ferrari has the World Championship in the bag. Sweet

Complete and utter domination by Ferrari confirmed

And WTF@ Mclaren. How can you make such mistake?

Top Bottom