• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013-2014 Off-Season |OT| Powered by 1.6L V6 Turbo

mKNXq.gif

Edit: Was wondering why it took so long to start the .gif, I posted a .jpg...

DD

Since there's WEC love in here...

Four cylinders and double ERS for Porsche LMP1

“My first day in this fascinating project was an intense experience for me," Webber commented. "This is a major and important step for us all. It allows me to integrate with the team quicker and to contribute to further developing the LMP1 race car. We have a long way to go and it involves a lot of hard work. I have no misconceptions about this.”

But Jenson Button is still there and if Magnussen does the job as expected, I don't know why McLaren would stick with Jenson.
Same reason they stuck with DC for so long alongside the Fins. He's an experienced race winner.

I don't personally see him sticking with the sport more than another two years though.

Lucius86

Banned
But Jenson Button is still there and if Magnussen does the job as expected, I don't know why McLaren would stick with Jenson.

Because for all Button's moaning, he's still one of the best on the grid.

I'm sad to see Di Resta going to Indycar - he's better than Sutil.

Deadman

The penalty system for engine changes is quite different next year.

http://adamcooperf1.com/2013/12/12/power-unit-penalties-set-to-mix-up-grids-in-2014/

Grid penalties you get can be carried across more than 1 race too. For example if you get a 5 place penalty but you qualify 2nd from last you will get a 3 place penalty at the next race.

FIA has asked the drivers to submit their number preference by christmas. Perez says he wants #11 because he had that in karting.

I have also read that the weight limit will be increased to 700kg from 2015.

It's still a bit weird to see all the Perez hate. Most people here were cheering for him in 2012, even wanted him to replace Massa mid-season and now he's all shit and worthless?

So far the numbers the drivers want:

Perez - 11
Massa - 19
Bottas - 77
Rosbeg - 5, 6 or 9
Verne - 21, 25 or 27

Looks like they have to nominate at least 3 and I imagine they will be assigned based on some order like 2013 order, most wins/champs etc...

Hasney

So far the numbers the drivers want:

Perez - 11
Massa - 19
Bottas - 77
Rosbeg - 5, 6 or 9
Verne - 21, 25 or 27

Looks like they have to nominate at least 3 and I imagine they will be assigned based on some order like 2013 order, most wins/champs etc...

The rules state that if a number is selected by 2 drivers, it will go to the highest placed driver in the 2013 season.

Does Vettel get a choice this year for his number if he ever loses the #1, or does he have to make that decision when he loses a championship?

DD

The rules state that if a number is selected by 2 drivers, it will go to the highest placed driver in the 2013 season.

Does Vettel get a choice this year for his number if he ever loses the #1, or does he have to make that decision when he loses a championship?

He can be the number 1, or use a different number if he decides to do so.

Top Bottom