• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

DBT85

Are Mercedes really going to win even if they get pole? Lets say ss last 20laps for them, but Lotus and Ferrari can get 25 won't they just jump them?

I suppose it depends what it is about the Merc that eats the tyres. Monaco is fairly light on them, no massive traction zones, no crazy high speed corners, slowest track of the year. It might bring Merc closer to everyone else because the tyre isn't really subjected to any extremes.

Shaneus

Are Mercedes really going to win even if they get pole? Lets say ss last 20laps for them, but Lotus and Ferrari can get 25 won't they just jump them?

and, each week I do the race in F1 2011. This week I had no life and did all 78 laps. It was very boring. Don't do it. Stupid fresh tyres kept blowing up. Had to do half the race on scrubbed.
2JKsAPs.jpg
Man, I think what we're seeing this year is life is starting to imitate art. Unpredictable tyre blowouts in the F1 games, now we're seeing them happen IRL :/

If you race Monaco again, make sure Webber wins.

Addnan

Man, I think what we're seeing this year is life is starting to imitate art. Unpredictable tyre blowouts in the F1 games, now we're seeing them happen IRL :/

If you race Monaco again, make sure Webber wins.
Funny actually Webber was second all throughout the race and then around half way something happened and both he and Vettel just went out.
i5Os0k4YNiJvq.jpg

Liking Alonso's helmet.
iSS5CpoC2nS3l.png

AcridMeat

Banned
Wow Hamilton hahahaha

I like Vettel's. Thing is they're in the car so it doesn't matter what is on the back of the helmet. I actually hope Vettel gets on the podium now to see if they censor his helmet or not.

Zozo it's a Monaco thing but Vettel tends to have a different design each race.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
What's up with the helmets, is that a Monaco thing? I haven't been watching the sport long enough to know.

It is 'the most prestigious race' on the calendar (all the richness and bling of Monaco + lots of drivers live here due to tax policy), so they are doing this every year. Or they get diamonds on the steering wheel and such stunts.

Weather:
- tomorrow clear 19 degrees Celsius
- Saturday chance of rain 40% 16 degrees Celsius
- Sunday partly cloudy, 18 degrees Celsius

Cold weather could be good news for Mercedes.

So I've been on a streaming old F1 binge and just one thing I've noticed is how polarizing Murry Walkers commentary is, I'm either laughing my ass off of curled up in the fetal position from how bad it is, that dude just didn't give a fuck, I think I heard him call a driver a legit idiot lol, he makes current commentary seem so tame

I like Toby Moody and Julian Ryder's commentary for MotoGP. I remember them making fun of how short pedrosa looked on the podium. One of the girls were as tall as he was and he was on 1st.

operon

Funny actually Webber was second all throughout the race and then around half way something happened and both he and Vettel just went out.
i5Os0k4YNiJvq.jpg

Liking Alonso's helmet.
iSS5CpoC2nS3l.png

Is it sad that this is making me want to do a full distance on F2011 on the xbox

Top Bottom