• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Lotus F1 Team ‏@Lotus_F1Team 2m

Romain introduces the E21 to the barriers at quite a difficult corner. Just ask a certain seven-time world champ. #GetLucky #FP2

Also: Kobayashi in red at Monaco.

TCFmCUi.jpg

That is some alternate reality shit right there.

Rosberg running one second quicker than Hamilton on the super-softs of a similar age - around 23 laps.

Hammy the tyre murderer.

Raikkonen the best out there on race pace.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
Can anyone one stop? 50laps on softs?

I doubt it. I think 3 stops will be the norm. Maybe Lotus could do a 1 stop strategy but 2 seems more likely.

Mercedes are looking good for another front row lock out. Looking forward to that Merc train on Sunday.

So cool. I have an instant crush on this livery. Kimi has got to be doin' it right this weekend and Romain should get lucky for once, as long as he doesn't forget to touch the brakes. Come on Lotus, go to the horizon and beyond!

Massa

I doubt it. I think 3 stops will be the norm. Maybe Lotus could do a 1 stop strategy but 2 seems more likely.

Mercedes are looking good for another front row lock out. Looking forward to that Merc train on Sunday.

If Alonso qualifies in third he could be leading the race by the end of the first lap.

DBT85

Vettel had a KERS failure in FP today. Why does that shit never happen during the race?

We sure he didn't get in the wrong car?

If Alonso qualifies in third he could be leading the race by the end of the first lap.

Unless there is rain or a real bad start from p1 and p2 I doubt it. Monaco is terrible for overtaking. Look at the year when Vettel had no tyres left and Alonso and Button still couldn't get past.

As for going a long way on one set of tyres, it's made easier as Vettel proved because nobody can get past. Just drive your car like it's a bus.

Sloane

Banned
As for going a long way on one set of tyres, it's made easier as Vettel proved because nobody can get past. Just drive your car like it's a bus.
Didn't watch P2 but I think during P1 they said that the tires looked very good so it might be even easier?

DrM

Redmond's Baby

You just need to drive on dead center of the track, nothing will pass you.

Shaneus

So cool. I have an instant crush on this livery. Kimi has got to be doin' it right this weekend and Romain should get lucky for once, as long as he doesn't forget to touch the brakes. Come on Lotus, go to the horizon and beyond!
Man, I have to remember to head to Racedepartment or whatever to see if someone's skinned it up for F1 2011.

Shaneus

Is the guy in 2nd who went in too quick and started it all off a future F1 star with rich parents? I hope so
You mean, Chilton's brother? ;(

Is there a power/performance equivalent to today's GP2 cars compared to older F1 cars? Just curious.

DBT85

Noooo. We need a repeat.

In GP2 they can have accidents while stationary so anything can still happen lol.

Is there a power/performance equivalent to today's GP2 cars compared to older F1 cars? Just curious.

Todays GP2 cars are

Gearbox: GearTek 6-speed paddle shift gearbox and one reverse.
Power Output: 612 hp (456 kW; 620 PS) @ 10,000 rpm.

and a bunch less downforce than F1 cars.

This wiki article has some details on F1 engines throughout history. Though of course it's not just about the engine.

DBT85

Tobias Grüner F1 ‏@tgruener 4m

#F1 Williams secures Mercedes engine deal for 2014. Could be officially announced already this weekend. AMuS: http://bit.ly/199HIkr

Surprised at that considering they only just got back in bed with Renault.

So that means in 2014, the first year of Turbos being back, Mercedes will be supplying McLaren, Williams and Force India as well as their own.

@tgruener: #F1 Infiniti will pay Renault engine bill 2014 for Red Bull. Gets right to rename it Infiniti V6. Team called Red Bull-Infiniti. #AMuS

Top Bottom