• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Ark

Bold predictions for this weekend:

iMUYFQ3jOSw9V.png

Foshy

My predictions as of now, might switch something around after FP3.

30aUZ.jpg

You've got Massa crashing out? I do that sometimes, just arbitrarily pick someone not to finish... that's probably why I'm in no man's land in points :)
I do so too and I'm currently second in the league, so it's working out fine for me lol

AndyD

aka andydumi

]I do so too and I'm currently second in the league, so it's working out fine for me lol

Hah, I also pick someone to crash out and it all worked out for me until last race, where I dropped 10 spots from 6th.

Adamm

30aUZ.jpg

I do so too and I'm currently second in the league, so it's working out fine for me lol

No Vettel? Bold move!

I really cant see Mercedes finishing that high up, things always seem to go wrong for them. Ive got Hamilton to qualify on pole (Screw you Nico!) but i'm guessing theyll fall down the grid......yes i know its monaco

Foshy

No Vettel? Bold move!

I really cant see Mercedes finishing that high up, things always seem to go wrong for them. Ive got Hamilton to qualify on pole (Screw you Nico!) but i'm guessing theyll fall down the grid......yes i know its monaco

I leave Vettel out most of the time just because I don't want him to do well. Last thing I want to do is root for him because I placed him high in my predictions.

cmr-94

I leave Vettel out most of the time just because I don't want him to do well. Last thing I want to do is root for him because I placed him high in my predictions.

Generally that's the opposite to my approach. I predict Vettel high usually so that if he does well, I may get points, but if he doesn't I'm still pleased. It's a win-win situation.

It's not often that he doesn't finish at the business end though. One of, if not, the most consistently quick drivers on the grid

Chris R

Mercedes are having tire issues, no way they place in the top 5. They might get pole, but they are gone when the race starts.

I'll be interested to see if Merc goes two stops and tries to create a giant train behind them, or four stops and try to minimize the deg. Maybe one of each.

DBT85

Merc in interviews seem quite positive about the tyres.

As I said before, no high speed corners, no very heavy braking, slow speed circuit could all help to bring Merc back into the game as far as degradation.

If they try a train there will be a wreck. Alonso/Vettel/Kimi won't sit around and wait.

Like Alonso didn't sit and wait behind Vettel a couple of years ago?

Vitten

Mercedes are having tire issues, no way they place in the top 5. They might get pole, but they are gone when the race starts.

I predict mercs to lead until the first pitstops. Ferrari/Lotus will then be able to do a few unhindered faster laps and come out in front after their stop.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
I predict mercs to lead until the first pitstops. Ferrari/Lotus will then be able to do a few unhindered faster laps and come out in front after their stop.

Ferrari, Lotus Red Bull will probably be want to pit one of their cars before the mercs if the Mercedes lap times drop off as badly as we have seen. It will force Mercedes to either pit earlier than they want or be undercut.

DBT85

Ferrari, Lotus Red Bull will probably be want to pit one of their cars before the mercs if the Mercedes lap times drop off as badly as we have seen. It will force Mercedes to either pit earlier than they want or be undercut.

Undercut only works if you can get some fast laps in clean air though, something much more difficult in Monaco as even getting past back markers can be difficult.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
Undercut only works if you can get some fast laps in clean air though, something much more difficult in Monaco as even getting past back markers can be difficult.

If the Mercedes drop off is as bad as it was in Spain that wouldn't really be a problem. If the teams have their other cars doing a long first stint then it puts Mercedes in a really bad position.

This is all assuming the qualy/race is a repeat of Spain.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
This is all assuming the qualy/race is a repeat of Spain.

Monaco is not Barcelona. Circut there is well know to be tyre chewer, Monaco is not. Also temperature will be quite low, so even supersofts will last much longer.

Top Bottom