• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

I don't think it is. Brawn looks pretty confident

Brawn is a slimey cunt.

22.1 Track testing shall be considered any track running time not part of an Event undertaken by a competitor entered in the Championship, using cars which conform substantially with the current Formula One Technical Regulations in addition to those from the previous or subsequent year.

Mercedes need banning for 3 races.

Ark

Brawn is a slimey cunt.

Mercedes need banning for 3 races.

Don't stop.

L24cy.gif

Roki6

Banned
Boring race as always. F1 cars outgrew this track long time ago

Monaco GP should be excluded from championship, but leave the GP as event on its own. Something like Indy 500.

/rant over - every year :) now I can calmly wait for the next race :)

Roki6

Banned
since next year we get completely new engines will teams get more testing time?

What about honda? Can they do unlimited testing until start of 2015 season (or 1.1.2015) ? After all they are not part of F1 until then...

Addnan

Why Mclaren and Lotus did not lodge a protest for Mercedes test?
McLaren and Mercedes need to work together for another two years.

Lotus said they don't want to publicly do anything :/. Sky said it could be due to RBR not backing them up in a protest previously.

Omiee

I cant see pirelli or mercedes fined to be honest.

read some pieces in the news and they have a pretty good case which is a shame.

i mean what next, can other teams get a go as well? why were other teams not asked (except rbr) why not make it known to the public?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Jon Noble @NobleF1
Monaco GP stewards are to prepare report for FIA over Merc secret tyre test. Matter could then go International Tribunal. Story soon

Addnan

The FIA says it only sanctioned Merc 2013 tyre test if Pirelli ran car - and all teams were given same opportunity to test. Story soon @NobleF1

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Adam Cooper ‏@adamcooperf1 1m
In effect FIA confirms it was not properly informed of what Pirelli and Merc were up to...

Adam Cooper ‏@adamcooperf1 2m
New note from FIA clarifies situation from their side - and makes it pretty clear that Mercedes could be in trouble...

Ian Parkes ‏@ianparkesf1 1m
FIA drop Mercedes and Pirelli in it from a great height, FIA claims it was not properly informed by either with regard to secret tyre test.

BLNog5yCIAA70BB.jpg

dis gunna be guuuud

Ark

What sort of penalties can they Tribunal dish out?

I'd expect some sort of constructor exclusion for this year and a large fine.

Wow this could be really heavy. imagine if they actually get kicked out the championship

That's really unlikely. The worst that I could imagine is that they're excluded from the Constructor's Championship, but even that I don't see actually happening. I'm sure it's miserable for them to have a shadow cast over what has been a solid start to the season.

Top Bottom