• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Juicy Bob

Ted Kravitz reporting that Kimi went too fast under the SC and is being investigated by the Stewards.

EDIT: Beaten.

EDIT EDIT:
Looked like something wrong with left front suspension

And kimi went too fast under the safety car, has to go to the stewards
OK, thanks.

DBT85

Kimi has to go to the Stewards for going too fast under the SC.

Ricardo and Grosjean have to go to the stewards about the crash

RBR and Ferrari and Merc and Pirelli all have to go for the Testing argument.

Ark

I can bet now that Mercedes will get this win stripped after it turns out they broke the regs due to the FIA fucking up.

Unless you can prove that those three days of testing were directly responsible for their win this weekend, that would be an entirely disgraceful decision for the sport. A hefty fine is the most you can expect.

People were calling the FIA "Ferrari International Assistance" when they were asking Pirelli to alter the tyre compounds slightly, and now people ask for a win to be stripped for some testing? Ludicrous.

cmr-94

Tobias Grüner F1 ‏@tgruener 20s

#F1 Christian Horner: "Looks like tyre test helped Mercedes" Toto Wolffs reaction: "The words "bad loser" come to my mind."

haha how can he tell?

Foshy

This is Monaco, a track which is easy on the tyres to begin with, and then we had 3 fucking safety car phases and a race restart, where everyone got a free tyre change again.

Those tyre tests had nothing to do with Mercedes winning here.

Anyway, as for the race, fuck Perez. Nice that Kimi managed to get his point streak going though.

What did pirelli do wrong?

breaking the rules if you ask Red Bull and Ferrari.

431836_82146303794123zoj4m.png

@tgruener: #F1 Christian Horner: "Looks like tyre test helped Mercedes" Toto Wolffs reaction: "The words "bad loser" come to my mind."

Pirelli asked RBR and they declined the offer.

Have Redbull confirmed that they passed on the chance to test this year's car with the tyres?

Sounds like some BS damage control by Pirelli and others, if the teams had a free pass to test for three days with their 2013 car and drivers they would.

DBT85

Ha someone made my GIF for me since I'm at work :p

AJS7VHe.gif

On Hamilton and losing places to Vettel and Webber in the SC period.

It wasn't the team's fault, it was my own fault," he told Sky Sports F1. "I was told to have a six-second gap and I had more than six seconds and I lost out massively.

"That's motor racing. I just wasn't good enough this weekend."

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Alonso also sounded pretty angry in the Sky interview, but he held himself back pretty well. He said he had to be extra careful around the drivers who can go flat out, because they're not fighting for the championship and wouldn't lose anything.

He was probably pissed because car was totally out of pace today and because of this, he had to drive in such good company.

Have Redbull confirmed that they passed on the chance to test this year's car with the tyres?

Sounds like some BS damage control by Pirelli and others, if the teams had a free pass to test for three days with their 2013 car and drivers they would.

I've read that Horner said Pirelli asked them, but not formally. Can't find the link right now.

Alonso also sounded pretty angry in the Sky interview, but he held himself back pretty well. He said he had to be extra careful around the drivers who can go flat out, because they're not fighting for the championship and wouldn't lose anything.

dat composure, i want drivers to be rude to each other in times like these, but i guess that's not how you make friends in this business.

duckroll

Where you watching it? I missed the race because I was up till 5am watching arrested development. Couldn't stay up any longer. I already know the results (unavoidable) and want to watch it.

I recorded it on my DVR.

LOL Perez just took Button. Button is really going to kill his teammate one of these days!

Another funny one: Maldonado called Chilton's move dangerous.

Speaking before being informed of this, Maldonado said the Briton definitely deserved censure.

"It was scary," said Maldonado.

"I didn't expect Chilton to cross my line.

"It is very dangerous and a very quick corner on the track.

"Maybe the stewards need to evaluate very carefully what he did."

Maldonado confirmed that he escaped serious injury.

"I'm OK, I feel OK," he said. "Some contusions but really good."

jey_16

Banned
Vettel really has control of this championship again. We haven't even got to the asain part of the season where he is immense

He has had an amazing start considering his car isn't as dominant as usual. 3rd, 1st, 4th, 1st, 4th and 2nd.

Kimi has had some consistency but Alonso has been very up and down (hopefully this means a good result in Canada!)

He has had an amazing start considering his car isn't as dominant as usual. 3rd, 1st, 4th, 1st, 4th and 2nd.

Kimi has had some consistency but Alonso has been very up and down (hopefully this means a good result in Canada!)

I'm still in full support of sending that one GAF member to every race to insure there will be no Vettel wins anymore.

jey_16

Banned
Unless you can prove that those three days of testing were directly responsible for their win this weekend, that would be an entirely disgraceful decision for the sport. A hefty fine is the most you can expect.

People were calling the FIA "Ferrari International Assistance" when they were asking Pirelli to alter the tyre compounds slightly, and now people ask for a win to be stripped for some testing? Ludicrous.

Ferrari are not asking Pirelli to change the compounds, that's Red Bull & Mercedes

Mercedes tested the tyres using the 2013 car, that is clearly in breach of the rules. What the punishment is for that, I'm not so sure

Ark

Ferrari are not asking Pirelli to change the compounds, that's Red Bull & Mercedes

Mercedes tested the tyres using the 2013 car, that is clearly in breach of the rules. What the punishment is for that, I'm not so sure

Regardless of the rule breach, it doesn't justify a stripping of a race win. We'll see.

Top Bottom