• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Shaneus

I think we all know who the winner is today:
FXpFwY4.png

Oh, and us.

Back Nico Rosberg to qualify on pole position @ 7/2 with BetFred or Ladbrokes.
Bet on Sergio Perez to reach qualifying session three @ 5/6 with Ladbrokes.
Back Mark Webber to finish on the podium @ 5/2 with Paddy Power and Stan James.
Bet on Mercedes to secure a double points finish @ best odds of Evens at Paddy Power.

http://www.justbookies.com/betting-tips/f1-monaco-grand-prix-preview-tips/

Four out of four from my betting preview. Only a Hamilton and Webber crash in the last few laps could have spoiled it.

Good race overall and plenty of incident after the restart.

Dead Man

So, if Mercedes have managed to sort their tyre wear issues out (I don't think they have, I just think Monaco is much easier on them) after a sneaky but sanctioned test. On a scale of 1 -10 how pissed are Lotus RBR and Ferrari going to be? lol

I don't think they have.

Shaneus

So, if Mercedes have managed to sort their tyre wear issues out (I don't think they have, I just think Monaco is much easier on them) after a sneaky but sanctioned test. On a scale of 1 -10 how pissed are Lotus RBR and Ferrari going to be? lol
21 ;)

I think it's time for a Webber victory. What's next? Villeneuve?

pants

They were cruising around +4 seconds off their ultimate pace. The race was a farce.

MrKaepora

Perez was doing an amazing race until he blew it trying to overtake Kimi when there was no room. Great work by Kimi recovering until 10th place.

Mercedes finally does a great race and Rosberg deserves this win.

Alonso wasn't on his days. Ferrari wasn't on its days.

Glad that prick of Vettel didn't win :)

Road

Mercedes sorted nothing. There was a time Nico was doing 1:23 when he should be doing 1:19.

If they repeat that next race...

As for Perez, Alonso giving him the position was ultimately a bad thing. Perez did something harsh and was awarded for it, which lead him to think it was ok to keep pushintg people on that turn. And a crash was the obvious outcome.

pants

I was down with Perez until the last one of Kimi, the guy was clearly a drunk driver there and I hope he gets Grosjean'd.

DrM

Redmond's Baby

We will see in Canada. Hamilton destroyed his when he was chasing Webber.

Leunam

I was down with Perez until the last one of Kimi, the guy was clearly a drunk driver there and I hope he gets Grosjean'd.

Not going to happen.

Perez isn't anywhere near Maldonado or Grosjean in terms of incidents. The crash outside the tunnel was a very poor choice, I'll admit, but he performed really well at Sauber and he's going to do well at McLaren.

DBT85

Lol that Sky graphic is wrong.

Quali at 5PM and the Race on Sunday at 5:30 AM.

This is what happens when you don;t use a 24 hour clock you mongs.

Omiee

Vettel on the Mercedes "Today there were 2 buses in front, going for a cruise"

I think he meant the first few laps and he was right. Vettel and webber were pushing like hell in the first few laps only to have to lift after 5 or 6 laps.

pants

Not going to happen.

Perez isn't anywhere near Maldonado or Grosjean in terms of incidents. The crash outside the tunnel was a very poor choice, I'll admit, but he performed really well at Sauber and he's going to do well at McLaren.
He deserves a penalty for the last one though. I'd prefer a financial one for now since he isnt really prone to these as you say, yet he needs to be punished.

Juicy Bob

Not going to happen.

Yeah, watching it again I can concede that his final Kimi move was a little bit too optimistic, but I really don't think he was being reckless or dangerous with his other moves and it was certainly nowhere near Maldonado or Grosjean level driving.

RayStorm

He actually said that? Says the guy who maintained the gap to the leader for the entire second half of the race.

"You expect 2 silver arrows in front of you and today it was two buses going on a cruise" said in reference to the start and the first few laps.

f0rk

I think there's a world of difference between trying those kind of moves on a driver of Kimi's caliber compared to the rest of the field. If it was on anyone else the incidents would have been much bigger

cmr-94

Vettel really has control of this championship again. We haven't even got to the asain part of the season where he is immense

Leunam

Love how maintaining your position at the start is an incredible good start according to webber.

lol

He deserves a penalty for the last one though. I'd prefer a financial one for now since he isnt really prone to these as you say, yet he needs to be punished.

Eh, financial penalties never really felt like 'penalties' to me. I think five places would be appropriate. Isn't that what Schumacher got last year for going up someones ass? Up to the stewards, though.

DBT85

I think he meant the first few laps and he was right. Vettel and webber were pushing like hell in the first few laps only to have to lift after 5 or 6 laps.

Only because he had to try and get in front to win the race. Had he got past he would have done exactly the same bloody thing.

Vettel really has control of this championship again. We haven't even got to the asain part of the season where he is immense

With the right tyres we would have a nice fight between Mercedes and Red bull but instead we have Vettel who makes so many points as possible and two other drivers in slower but tire saving cars.

Only because he had to try and get in front to win the race. Had he got past he would have done exactly the same bloody thing.

I don't think anyone blamed Mercedes for doing it.

Ark

Perez' move on Kimi was fine, Kimi drifted over to the left as if Perez didn't exist. Rosberg just flat out dominated this weekend, really impressive win from him. Hamilton, Alonso and Button all off form today.

Oh, and Chilton is still a pleb. As is Grosjean.

I'm going to fall places in the predictions league as per usual.

Lol.

John_B

Perez' aggressive driving is him taking chances that are out of his control. Those overtakes were him braking so late he blocked the entire turn forcing the other driver to avoid. Sure collisions only avoided by drivers in control of their driving. Ended surely like expected for him.

Fantastic job by rosberg, he is clearly beating hamilton this year.

I dont think hamilton saw that coming.
A tenth and it would have been the other way around. Rosberg has been looking much more at peace with the car (solid and stable times throughout all race weekends). 3/3 for qualifying and definitely the strongest driver lineup currently.

Top Bottom