• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Addnan

https://www.facebook.com/LotusF1Team/app_208195102528120

gL99zQE.png

Bigger pic in link to print. Lol.

Addnan

Sochi missed the deadline to send the application to the FIA. What happens now? One less race, they let it slide and accept late entrance?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Mercedes Youtube channel is awesome this year
How does the installation lap looks like

Also, how are teams gathering track data (height differences, width, etc.) for their simulators? Are they running around with GPS devices and then try to convert them as best as they can? This could be easily done with LIDAR surverying of the tracks...

DD

Really interesting analysis of junior records for F1 prospects. Also includes an analysis of junior records for current drivers. Lot of mathy bits but was an interesting read overall.

We (brazilians fans of the F1) really need Nasr to join the circus. F1 is aired here on the open TV since forever, with no commercial breaks. But since 2003 the audience is droping, and now it reached it's lowest point ever. Barrichello and Massa looked so good in the past, and ended being "huge" disappointments...

Ok, brazilians are always looking for the new Fittipaldi, the new Piquet or Senna, so it's always hard to reach these expectations. I love the F1 circus and I keep watching even without a brazilian there fighting for victories, but I fear that one day they might decide to stop transmiting the races. =c

Really interesting analysis of junior records for F1 prospects. Also includes an analysis of junior records for current drivers. Lot of mathy bits but was an interesting read overall.

Great stuff. It's hard to believe Frijns may fall through the cracks.

Meh indeed. It needs more blowoff/popoff valve whine. That was one of the best things about Indycars when they ran turbos, the recognizable whistle of the turbo blowoff on downshifts. PEACE.

The wastegate gases won't blow off, they'll be converted into electric power and feed back into the system.

This rants by Montezemolo, is people in Italy criticizing him?, because they sound to me like excuses, like he wants to avoid any criticism aimed to himself.

NHale

This rants by Montezemolo, is people in Italy criticizing him?, because they sound to me like excuses, like he wants to avoid any criticism aimed to himself.

The rant today about Alonso (again) and Massa is ironic because to anyone on the outside it seems that he's doing the exact thing that he says Alonso did (putting himself ahead of the team).

At least one thing is guaranteed, Alonso has a clean path to get rid of his Ferrari contract if he wants.

DrM

Redmond's Baby

He is very political guy, so with all the stuff going on in Italy, he is trying to point attention to other things. He should find his successor in Maranello and pursue his political dream to become Silvio mk II

The most interesting is defense of Domenicalli... and here is part of the answer, why are they going down the drain
I reminded everyone, including the drivers, that Ferrari comes before everything, the priority is the team. Rather like a family father pointing out the need to respect some family rules: I wish to underline the concept of family values…

And bitter bitter stuff about Mercedes testing - and no word that they could do the same in Bahrian but lacked some serious balls

DD

The rant today about Alonso (again) and Massa is ironic because to anyone on the outside it seems that he's doing the exact thing that he says Alonso did (putting himself ahead of the team).

At least one thing is guaranteed, Alonso has a clean path to get rid of his Ferrari contract if he wants.
And go where? He closed the door at McLaren. Red Bull don't need him, and doesn't want someone in Sebs path. Merc? With Lewis there? Lotus? I don't think that they're in better shape than Ferrari.

ramparter

Banned
And go where? He closed the door at McLaren. Red Bull don't need him, and doesn't want someone in Sebs path. Merc? With Lewis there? Lotus? I don't think that they're in better shape than Ferrari.
I think this is probaby why Alonso hasn't left Ferrari already.

If that dumb motherfucker of a Luca Di Motzemelemozerella or however you spell his name is stupid enough to scare away Alonso with his stupid tough guys quotes, his team deserves to rot in mediocrity for the next decade or so (Kinda the level they're on now, but whatever).

DD

If that dumb motherfucker of a Luca Di Motzemelemozerella or however you spell his name is stupid enough to scare away Alonso with his stupid tough guys quotes, his team deserves to rot in mediocrity for the next decade or so (Kinda the level they're on now, but whatever).

Won't happen. Ferrari needs Fernando, and Fernando needs Ferrari. There's no where to go, unless if he decides to get out of the F1 like Webbah.

DBT85

The Mercedes engine sounded ok in that video the other day.

Engine guy at Mercedes said it's around the same frequency but just a lower volume.

Shaneus

This is probably the most appropriate thread to ask in, but does anyone know whether the F1 PS3 exclusive game is any good? I played the demo and it seems pretty solid (and has a fantastic driver lineup as well being based on the 2007 season) not to mention looking surprisingly good for a 6 year-old game (and IMO makes better design/stylistic choices over the recent Codies' clusterfucks).

I like that there's commentary in it, too... very reminiscent of F1 '97.

I wished for the same in 2009. So far my wish has been true

This is probably the most appropriate thread to ask in, but does anyone know whether the F1 PS3 exclusive game is any good? I played the demo and it seems pretty solid (and has a fantastic driver lineup as well being based on the 2007 season) not to mention looking surprisingly good for a 6 year-old game (and IMO makes better design/stylistic choices over the recent Codies' clusterfucks).

It wasn't bad. You can probably pick it up for pennies now too so no harm in giving it a go.

Initially, the sensational story of a potential move to Red Bull for the two-time world champion was dismissed by some, as Alonso's manager Luis Garcia Abad also handles the career of rising Red Bull-backed youngster Carlos Sainz jr.

But when told his meeting with Garcia was obviously simply about the 18-year-old Sainz, Red Bull team boss Christian Horner told Sport Bild: "Nonsense.

"Why would I talk to him about Sainz jr, who has long been in the Red Bull junior team?"

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns26047.html

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

SILLY SEASON AT FULL SWING YA'LL

Dead Man

Kimi didn't exactly blow Heidfeld away in his first season IIRC. I like him, but he had the least-impressive debut of the 4 drivers mentioned. Alonso, IMO, did set the grid ablaze, when he placed that dreadful Minardi ahead of the Bennettons a few times. PEACE.

9 points for the year with the point system back then and with Sauber and after only 23 races in his life is pretty amazing. Yeah, Heidfeld had more points but Raikonnen was talked about seriously as a great driver after those first few races. Everyone was talking about him any because of his lack of races, but then he did that.

If your criteria is to light things up as much as Seb in his debut year, Kimi passes that for me. Alonso too for that matter.

Comparisons with Hamilton will always be skewed since he debuted in a front running team.

NHale

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns26047.html

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

SILLY SEASON AT FULL SWING YA'LL

Horner acts like a dumbass sometimes and is just trying to say things to annoy Ferrari as a payback for last years "Vettel to Ferrari" rumors and comments about it from Domenicali.

Carlos Sainz Jr. is represented by Abad so of course he has to talk with Abad about him. If you want to keep him on the team, move him up to a different formula, 3rd driver for STR, you have to talk to the person that represents the driver ffs. Don't be stupid Horner.

As was reported since last weekend, after RBR was pleasantly surprised by Sainz Jr. performance at YDT, Abad wanted to meet to discuss the possibility of Sainz Jr. joining Felix da Costa at STR next year.

Top Bottom