• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

ramparter

Banned
I think we will have a nice battle between Lewis and Kimi in Spa. I don't expect Ferrari to be competetive at all, Alonso hardly 4th. I hope (and kinda expect) RBR will run into some problems (tyres maybe).

551069_10151386285087537_2110459437_n.jpg

Loved the likes lol

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
That hair colour doesn't suit him at all.
James Allen said Kimi didn't turn up today because he hasn't been paid by Lotus again.

Protip when confronted by someone who looks and is dressed just like you - toss the sunnies and water in the nearest trash, zip up the jacket, grab a hat.

NHale

Martin Brundle is starting the Kimi to McLaren rumor talks. I would love it to happen but without Ron Dennis I don't see McLaren having the balls to fire Jenson.

However as always the Jenson to Ferrari rumors are already on full swing again. It's almost a tradition every year that Jenson is a possibility for Ferrari and it never happens.

Silly season is amazing.

Martin Brundle is starting the Kimi to McLaren rumor talks. I would love it to happen but without Ron Dennis I don't see McLaren having the balls to fire Jenson.

However as always the Jenson to Ferrari rumors are already on full swing again. It's almost a tradition every year that Jenson is a possibility for Ferrari and it never happens.

Silly season is amazing.

If they're only now dealing with Ferrari and Lotus, then they don't have much leverage either way given Lotus' lack of money, which leads me to suspect that any McLaren talks would be just an attempt to leverage Ferrari.

Like you say though, I don't see them pushing Button for Kimi, so unless Button is walking somewhere else of his own accord...

(Don't really see them doing Checco either - if the car had been fast this year then I doubt either driver would have been seen as a problem)

Zozobra

Can someone tell me how the F1 coverage on the the BBC iPlayer works? I asked a while back and I don't think anyone responded. I just need to know if I'm able to watch races on-demand, or if it's streamed live and that's it.

Zozobra

Thanks for the replies, guys. I'm not too worried about being able to save them, I just want to be able to watch them a few hours later on race day.

moojito

Thanks for the replies, guys. I'm not too worried about being able to save them, I just want to be able to watch them a few hours later on race day.

It takes a few hours for it to appear on the iplayer, but if you go to the live tv bit you can rewind up to 2 hours.found that very handy when I got home midway through a race one time.

RBR not announcing driver until Monza now? Say Kimi still in the running, or is that just bullshit?

Someone (forget who - maybe someone from Sky?) was claiming on Tuesday that the news that Kimi was out of the running with RBR was gamesmanship, and that RBR would make a last ditch effort for Kimi this weekend.

But who fucking knows!

dubc35

oh, lmao! I obviously didn't look at the guy biking bc I thought it was JB. Since it's Webbah, even a better pic!

In other news:
In a surprising move, three-time F1 champ Sebastian Vettel has debuted a new hair style that looks exactly like Beyonce's new hair style. The 'pixie' cut actually looks great on Beyonce, but what do you think of Vettel's new do?

Button reveals he hasn't signed a contract with McLaren for 2014, says he wants to stay, but also said this:

I think Red Bull is done. I think the Ferrari seat is a great opportunity for any driver in F1. To get the opportunity to race for a team like Ferrari is very exciting; what they've achieved, the passion within the team, the culture is very interesting, so I think it's a great opportunity and hopefully somebody who deserves it will get the drive.

McLaren-Honda dream team in tatters :(

NHale

Button reveals he hasn't signed a contract with McLaren for 2014, says he wants to stay, but also said this:

I was under the impression that the deal he signed in 2011 ended in 2014. Even weirder is that Sergio Perez "multi-year deal" is in fact a 1 year contract + 2 option years, so both McLaren seats are available.

Of course McLaren will exercise the option on Perez considering the Carlos Slim partnership.

I was under the impression that the deal he signed in 2011 ended in 2014. Even weirder is that Sergio Perez "multi-year deal" is in fact a 1 year contract + 2 option years, so both McLaren seats are available.

Of course McLaren will exercise the option on Perez considering the Carlos Slim partnership.

I think Button's last contract was very similar (a series of 'options') as they were always very vague when talking about the duration. If not, I find it hard to believe their form this year hasn't enabled a get-out clause.

Hammer24

Banned
OK, lets clear up a little.
- RAI was "sick", as he didn´t want to go to the press conference, answering dozens of questions why he didn´t get the RBR cockpit
- nothings fixed for FER, ALO went on record to say a) Montezemolo fallout was just a big misunderstanding, b) MAS is the best ever, and was faster than RAI in 2008, c) SAMURAI
- MCL has not exercised their options, neither for BUT nor for PER
- BUT knows he´s in the fall of his career; going to FER would be just a two year gig, max. But staying at MCL would earn him bread and butter a little longer, as his experience would be seen as important to develop the new Honda partnership

Top Bottom