• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

NHale

of course not, but HAM on tires 20 laps fresher than everyone ahead is on while ALO-WEB-MAS are left out, what's exactly the greatness HAM is doing to prevent us from watching the main fight.

What fight? Webber never even was in a situation where he could overtake while watching Hamilton we were actually able to watch some racing.

mclem

If Kimi gets the seat, there's no chance of that happening. Can you see those two getting along?
aHpERhW.jpg

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Sheer and utter dominance by Vettel.

And another tactic fail from Ferrari pit wall.

Too bad that rain slowed down and will hit Monza later.

Ce-Lin

amazing snorefest, at least ALO is capable of beating one RBR, this is, the crippled one, hahaha.... well hope US Open is better than this joke.

TCRS

Banned
Grosjean:

crashjean0zjdm.png

Congrats Vettel, good race by Alonso and Webber and Massa. If they hadn't fucked up the quali Ferrari could have won.

Shaneus

Bugger Webber didn't get that second, but preferred that Alonso gets those few extra points.

Good going Ricciardo on getting another points finish. Wonder if he'll let loose and grow a pair over the rest of the season... always feels like he's holding himself back and giving in to caution.

Grosjean:

crashjean0zjdm.png

Congrats Vettel, good race by Alonso and Webber and Massa. If they hadn't fucked up the quali Ferrari could have won.
Yeah, what did the Ferraris qualify at?

Omiee

Ferrari are the biggest idiots in f1 period.

The gap between alonso and vettel before the pits was 5 something. After the stupid strategy it was 10 something.

The gap is now 5 something. If he just pitted the same time as vettel he would have been right at the back of vettel and fighting for the win.

Cant wait for singapore for vettel to pass alonso in total wins by a few years.

Addnan

of course not, but HAM on tires 20 laps fresher than everyone ahead is on while ALO-WEB-MAS are left out, what's exactly the greatness HAM is doing to prevent us from watching the main fight.

Because there was no main fight? The race been over for ages. Might as well show where the overtaking is taking place.

Mate nothing happened in the fight over 2nd. It wasn't even a fight. Why show it?

Ce-Lin

wall to ALO in Italian - you did fight like a Lion, but there's nothing we can do, thanks for giving everything you got - ALO replied with.... silence.

222 Vettel
169 Alonso
141 Hamilton

NHale

Sheer and utter dominance by Vettel.

And another tactic fail from Ferrari pit wall.

Too bad that rain slowed down and will hit Monza later.

If the Vettel problems are real and not the usual lies from RBR so Vettel manages the car instead of going after fastest lap, then the 5 seconds they lost with the stupid tactic would probably mean they could force the issue in the end.

Sure, the car with the less problems today was the crippled car.

So Webber car didn't had any problems? Or you didn't even read the post properly and only raged like usual?

Mohonky

Vettel win, fucking yawn. I am so fucking sick of seeing this same shit every weekend. If the new engines next year dont change things up I am done watching F1. This is the first year I have actually not cared about missing some races and my interest has been quickly declinng. I am at a point i would actually think control chasis and bodies might be a good idea.

Omiee

If the Vettel problems are real and not the usual lies from RBR so Vettel manages the car instead of going after fastest lap, then the 5 seconds they lost with the stupid tactic would probably mean they could force the issue in the end.

yeah thats what i posted earlier. i hope ferrari realize this during their after race briefing.

alonso lost the win by his stupid decision to stay out.

TCRS

Banned
wall to ALO in Italian - you did fight like a Lion, but there's nothing we can do, thanks for giving everything you got - ALO replied with.... silence.

damn. some serious shit going in behind scenes, because race wise this wasn't even that bad.

So Webber car didn't had any problems? Or you didn't even read the post properly and only raged like usual?

Both had gearbox problems and Vettel had also the thing about the possible "puncture". It's just that Vettel's problems don't create 20 posts of "Red Bull sabotages Webber" here.

Ce-Lin

yeah thats what i posted earlier. i hope ferrari realize this during their after race briefing.

alonso lost the win by his stupid decision to stay out.

don't be delusional, same words have been spoken between De La Rosa and Gene, they said VET was in control all the time, he could have ended 20+ seconds ahead if he wanted, there was no strategy capable of beating RBR other than taking out the sniper rifle and puncture his car.

Pimpwerx

Great win for Seb. I might be one of the few who's not completely bored with him winning. The kid drives flat out from start to finish. His team has to talk him down each and every race. What's not to love about that? Yeah, he's keeping my favorite driver from winning championships, but that's how it is sometimes. Another great performance from him.

No comment on the Ferrari muckup. I didn't really follow their race closely anyway.

The driver of the race, for me, is my favorite driver, Lewis Hamilton. Destroyed the floor of his car, got impeded on his qualifying lap, and then suffered a puncture today. Despite all that, he salvaged 2 of the hardest-earned points of his career. And he did it in entertaining fashion. Kimi and Lewis brought the whole show today. Well done to them. Too bad for Kimi at the end with his KERS issues. He deserved points.

I think the Merc could have podiumed. I don't know if there was any way to beat Seb, because that Red Bull had pace in reserve. On to Singapore. Hopefully that's not a snoozer. PEACE.

Omiee

The audience should boo Ferrari and not Vettel. Oh well another boring race. I can't wait for Kimi at Ferrari.

They should boo alonso for deciding to stay out. Lost himself 5 seconds and lost the chance to fight at the end when vettel had the problem with his gearbox.

Top Bottom