• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

NHale

"Hopefully next year we come back with the top place"? Is that what you're referring to NHale?

No. I was referring to always loving Ferrari etc. He didn't seem to exactly love Ferrari yesterday.

He's probably bitter that Ferrari signed Kimi to replace Massa. He realizes his day of reckoning is coming*

* until Kimi remembers why he hated Ferrari and loses his motivation after all the sponsors and press events.

Ce-Lin

In an era where we have drivers like lewis, kimi and alonso its amazing to see vettel dominating them for 4 straight years =D

don't start this again, you've been more head-leveled lately, you know it's the freaking car, when this season started his RBR wasn't this developed and was suffering to win, others were even winning some races instead... I know you're a bit biased towards some and extemely biased against others... but this sport is 90% the car and just the car, you know it, if not for the luck VET had when Grosjean almost killed ALO and at Interlagos when he was hit twice and still managed to bring the heavy damaged car home he would have lost to ALO, also Petrov and Ferrari moronic strategies... yes ALO is not likeable, but he's not been that far... but this year, the car is not even showing its true pace, amazing.

Omiee

Lewis is such a good driver but he is being just to hard on his self. He will be on top again come singapore. It will be between him and vettel again.

Ce-Lin

Jeez Lewis, cheer up.

he just can't, I follow him on Instagram and he always talks about how hard is waking up to his dog instead of Nicole and stuff like that, also he's attending mass service more than the simulator these days, he posted some weird pic talking about God and Angels and whatnot, also Roscoe had pneumonia and almost passed away.

TCRS

Banned
he just can't, I follow him on Instagram and he always talks about how hard is waking up to his dog instead of Nicole and stuff like that, also he's attending mass service more than the simulator these days, he posted some weird pic talking about God and Angels and whatnot, also Roscoe had pneumonia and almost passed away.

jesus...

Omiee

Fuck i feel for him. Hope he gets his motivation back. He should be able to. Remember 2011 he will be back and better than ever.

John_B

In an era where we have drivers like lewis, kimi and alonso its amazing to see vettel dominating them for 4 straight years =D
We should get 3-5 more years of VET, HAM and ALO. This chapter is not over yet. There should come a season were Vettel won't be starting from first row 8 out of 10 times. And will he pull those podiums home from 4 rows down like Alonso, or edge Hamilton in qualifying in equal or inferior machinery? Either way, the level these three guys are on makes it satisfying to watch Formula 1.

Better then Vettel. Why is what I'm saying so hard for you to grasp?

because it doesn't make sense.

Not that you could bring an single argument why you can clearly say why the three drivers would "likely" beat Vettel in the same car. We can only put them all in the same group and say we don't know who would win.

Those flat caps look boss.

Vettel after getting booed earlier this season:

Yes. I didn't understand it. I had not done anything to make them do it. I went up on to the stage later for the post-race concert and got booed again. I took my camera out and said, "If you are going to boo me at least do it properly". I tried to make a laugh out of it.

Can't stop the Vett.

People saying we're back in the Schumacher era never actually experienced it the first time around. There's only been one season remotely like it and that was 2011... and even that wasn't anything like the days of Schumacher lapping up to third place in some races.

Ce-Lin

01 Sebastian Vettel Red Bull 1:18:33.352
02 Fernando Alonso Ferrari +5.400
03 Mark Webber Red Bull +6.300
04 Felipe Massa Ferrari +9.300
05 Nico Hulkenberg Sauber +10.300
06 Nico Rosberg Mercedes +10.900
07 Daniel Ricciardo Toro Rosso +32.300
08 Romain Grosjean Lotus +33.100
09 Lewis Hamilton Mercedes +33.500
10 Jenson Button McLaren +38.300
11 Kimi Raikkonen Lotus +38.600
12 Sergio Perez McLaren +39.700
13 Esteban Gutierrez Sauber +40.800
14 Pastor Maldonado Williams +49.000
15 Valtteri Bottas Williams +56.800
17 Charles Pic Caterham +1 lap
18 Giedo van der Garde Caterham +1 lap
19 Jules Bianchi Marussia +1 lap
20 Max Chilton Marussia +1 lap
21 Adrian Sutil Force India +1 lap

Massa did a great job all things considered, but he can't overtake the crippled RBR unlike his team mate. Nico Hulkenberg driver of the day, and that's all, closing races are going to be VET vs HAM and some ALO, but VET always winning so yeah, let's see what the 2014 fuss is all about.

Omiee

People saying we're back in the Schumacher era never actually experienced it the first time around. There's only been one season remotely like it and that was 2011... and even that wasn't anything like the days of Schumacher lapping up to third place in some races.

Man the 2003 and 2001 seasons were ridicioulous. I was so sad hakinnen left the sport.

TCRS

Banned

Seriously, this is nothing like Schumacher era. Even I got bored sometimes as a Schumacher fan. Was ist 2001 or 2002 where he won the championship 11 races into the season? God, was that boring.

f0rk

So if there's something wrong with either Red Bull's gearbox could we see a penalty for the next race if they have to change it?

pants

Hakinnen was the only bright spot of the Schumi era.

Hakkinen retired before the start of the Schumi era really. I wouldn't count the year they both raced to get to 3 championshps as Schumi era, that was for sure still Hakkinen/McLaren era as the previous two years were.

Cigol

That was an exciting race, hope there's more like that to come before the seasons end. Championship is too close to call at the moment but I like Vettels chances. If he keeps pumping in performances like that he stands a good chance of taking home another championship.

Ce-Lin

keep this in mind, Alonso could retire from F1 at the end of the season if his next car is not "promising" or at the end of next season, rumors everywhere in Spain that he wants to focus on managing his new cycling team he just bought, remember ALO is extremely passionate with cycling, almost obsessed.

That was an exciting race, hope there's more like that to come before the seasons end. Championship is too close to call at the moment but I like Vettels chances. If he keeps pumping in performances like that he stands a good chance of taking home another championship.

I sense some irony there but... the championship is already over, both of them I might add, too close ???

We seem to have merged with another universe.

Smart race by vettel. He knew the importance of t1 at the start and almost threw it away trying to maintain it. He knows how to win.

Hope he goes on a dominant 2nd half win. He has a chance at the most wins in a season.

Looks like Massa's had the pace to hold Alonso off if not for team orders.

paskowitz

keep this in mind, Alonso could retire from F1 at the end of the season if his next car is not "promising" or at the end of next season, rumors everywhere in Spain that he wants to focus on managing his new cycling team he just bought, remember ALO is extremely passionate with cycling, almost obsessed.

That would be interesting. Kimi/Mass reunion or maybe Kimi/Hulk would be very acceptable.

Omiee

I sense some irony there but... the championship is already over, both of them I might add, too close ???

That would be a shame for the sport.

Top Bottom