• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Chris R

I like Will :( His post race stuff that started this year is great.

Anyone else spot the "Launcher" Windows shortcut on the 2nd pits score screen? Someone better get that fixed before the race :p

Shaneus

Code:
Bianchi				van der Garde		Perez				Ricciardo
Gene				Sutil			Massa				Hulkenberg
Rosberg				Button			Gutierrez			Vettel
di Resta			Grosjean		de la Rosa			Vergne
Chilton							Alonso				Pic
Webber

Hamilton, Bottas, Maldonado, Raikkonen
Thinking about it now, I'm surprised they allowed Sutil to be so close to a glass bottle.

John_B

Gary Anderson says TC is not possible.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/24386679

He explains the Singapore performance with a combination of Red Bull having better blown exhaust effect, Vettel having adapted to that specific driving style, and that the corner speed range of the track is optimal for the effect.

I kinda hope this is the case and not some other hokus pokus they likely could carry in to the next season.

really impressed with Sauber's youtube videos, I urge everyone to check them out, they seem more open (literally and figuratively) about the design and technical aspect of their car

DD

Man, I'm really starting to get tired of Will Buxton. He gets no respect in the paddock, and his cut-ins are almost always for something stupid and pointless. It's not like when SPEED had Peter Windsor and they'd cut to him for some notable information from someone important in the paddock. Will's contributions are trivial at best, and I'm hoping they dump him for next season and hire a former open-wheel racer who can get closer to the people that matter. PEACE.

Reminds me of Barrichello on Globo TV. "How's the car today?"; "How are you feeling for today's race?", aw, come on!

ramparter

Banned
LOL they have 0% chance to pursuade Alonso. McLaren is the reason he didn't get the 2007 crown and considering their current state...

Omiee

I dont know why, but this season does not feel as dominate as 2011. But if you look at the wins by this time in 2011 vettel had 8 wins compared to 7 now which very similar.

cmr-94

Does anyone know any places that I'll be able to watch a full replay of FP3 tomorrow morning? There is no replay on sky

Chris R

Alarm set for 6am a quali we already know results for. :/

I love the Asian races (outside of Shanghai) because I just just roll off my couch and head to bed as it's only 11PM if I don't like what I'm seeing instead of having to wake up at 4AM to be pissed off for the rest of the day.

Monaco to Canada then New Jersey in two weeks is utter bullshit
edit:
and my goodness this track is fucking hideous. the environment around is too. even the buildings look like shit. why does Korea pay out money to race in a swamp?
double edit: lol, Sky pretending like Hamilton and Vettel are locked in a struggle. what is it, 247 to Hamilton's 151 points? yeaaah.

Ce-Lin

Vettel will push the magic button when it matters, and disappointed Ferrari is barely the 4th or even the 5th quickest car out there, P7-P9 ALO/MAS is the best they can achieve today.

Chris R

Its been less exciting this year with fewer drivers to get knocked out. But quali is still the most exciting part of the weekend for me.

Understandable, Q2 and Q3 are normally pretty good though with the fighting for the knockout spots and front rows.

edit: Massa just in, Perez better than Button... wow

Ce-Lin

surprised ! so exciting ! RBR P1-P2 without even trying... at least armchair experts won't sprout silly things today since ALO beat Massa, Hamilton could have done better, old Webber we all know is a lot worse than Vettel beat him.

Pimpwerx

Lewis seems resigned to 2nd place. I can't blame him. It's clear Seb is untouchable now, but he still wants to win. He made the right move switching from that turd McLaren to the Merc, but it's gotta be a bit deflating to drive as fast as you can and still end up 2 tenths off pole. He can take some solice in knowing he's gonna win the h2h battle against Nico, even if Nico ends up with one more win than him. That wasn't really his fault anyway. Still, he's beaten everyone he's paired with. I'd love to see him pair with Seb sometime.

Another great lap by Seb. Car and driver working as one. Not much else I can say about it. I respect his grind, but damn if I don't want my boy to get some poles and wins too.

Tomorrow's race is a forgone conclusion barring a Seb failure. I'll still watch, but it's hard to get as excited as early in the season when I know there's no chance. I do like the flat-billed Merc cap Lewis is rocking these days. It's a good look. At least Merc is winning the merch battle. LOL! See y'all tomorrow. PEACE.

Mastah

McLaren outdeveloped by Sauber, which was and probably still is in dire financial situation. What an embarrassment to every person responsible for throwing away 2012 car, producing this shitbox and not even developing it at the same level as Sauber.

apotema

vettel1.jpg

YES!!!, 42 poles, 27 remaining!

Top Bottom