• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Zeknurn

If Alonso moves to McLaren for next season it's going to be hell of a fight between the top five teams (If Hülkenberg gets a drive at Lotus that is). I hope it's true.

Perez to Toro Rosso I guess?

As in, next year? So Kimi #1 at Ferrari?

This is madness. Funny what a Webber leaving can instigate (although majority of this would've happened anyway, I'd think).

All Webber leaving caused was another Aussie taking his seat. This is all happening because Ferrari is trying to get a grip on the situation for next season.

TCRS

Banned
Alonso leaving Ferrari without a title :(

I'll still remain a Ferrari fan but I wouldn't mind him winning a title with McLaren.

edit: RIP Maria

Shaneus

All Webber leaving caused was another Aussie taking his seat. This is all happening because Ferrari is trying to get a grip on the situation for next season.
Only reason I was thinking that was because once Webber announced his retirement, that's when driver managers (I guess) started leveraging the RBR seat in order to get more money from their current (or other future) teams. But I guess if it didn't happen, they would've found another red herring.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
RIP Maria. Horrible news.

Considering how everyone at Ferrari is whining about the new engine regs and that fuel consumption deciding the races next year, Alonso would be smart to jump ship 1 year before his deal with Honda starts.

Yeah, it seems that their engine is too thirsty

oipic

Such very sad news, following what had appeared to be such a very brave recovery. Very sad. RIP, Maria. :(

Off to bed now feeling very down about things.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
You think Vettel is getting tired of winning?
Wants to have a Schumacher like legacy.
Moves from an all conquering team (Benetton) to a shambles of an F1 team (Ferrari); only to build them up again and dominate all around him!

John_B

Is Ron Dennis still running things at McLaren? Ron let Hamilton walk and now wants to hire Alonso? That is crazy.

I can't imagine McLaren not having a better season if HAM had stayed. He would have pulled out a podium or two.

Ce-Lin

officially stated, the cause of death was massive brain hemorrhage followed by fatal cardiac arrest, she married a while ago while in the process of recovering, so tragic. RIP María, descansa en paz.

It's sad that someone who showed so much fortitude and dignity in the face of real adversity should die so young. She deserved to have a long and happy life.

officially stated, the cause of death was massive brain hemorrhage followed by fatal cardiac arrest, she married a while ago while in the process of recovering, so tragic. RIP María, descansa en paz.

It's sad that someone who showed so much fortitude and dignity in the face of real adversity should die so young. She deserved to have a long and happy life.

Had a friend that died for the same reason couple of years ago. Completely healthy 20 years old young man....Always sad to see young person to die so suddenly. It feels so wrong.

Ce-Lin

Had a friend that died for the same reason couple of years ago. Completely healthy 20 years old young man....Always sad to see young person to die so suddenly. It feels so wrong.

sorry to hear about your friend, my father shared the same fate when he was 34 and I was a child, sudden brain hemorrhage leading to heart failure, it all happened in a matter of seconds and last thing I remember is my father saying "my head hurts" then collapsing while watching TV, he was completely healthy as well. Sometimes I feel so silly arguing about videogames and sports over the Internet.

and apart from that, well, seems like this race is Vettel's again, if the tyres really need that much nursing I'm not sure about Mercedes but Lotus will pretty much put at least one man P2-P3. We shall see. Ferrari is officially not a contestant since 3 weeks now when they switched full resources to 2014, according to Alonso (Spanish TV today) the car might even break since they're running parts not changed since Monza, something I find amusing and hard to believe, for all the money in the world that parts may cost the safety of the drivers always comes first.

sorry to hear about your friend, my father shared the same fate when he was 34 and I was a child, sudden brain hemorrhage leading to heart failure, it all happened in a matter of seconds and last thing I remember is my father saying "my head hurts" then collapsing while watching TV, he was completely healthy as well. Sometimes I feel so silly arguing about videogames and sports over the Internet.

and apart from that, well, seems like this race is Vettel's again, if the tyres really need that much nursing I'm not sure about Mercedes but Lotus will pretty much put at least one man P2-P3. We shall see. Ferrari is officially not a contestant since 3 weeks now when they switched full resources to 2014, according to Alonso (Spanish TV today) the car might even break since they're running parts not changed since Monza, something I find amusing and hard to believe, for all the money in the world that parts may cost the safety of the drivers always comes first.

Oh. Can't even imagine to lose a father that way. Must have been tough =/. Human life really is fragile and we all should enjoy every single day as you never know when the time comes.

Ce-Lin

Human life really is fragile and we all should enjoy every single day as you never know when the time comes.

that's exactly the first words of the book María wrote and she was supposed to talk about it this week... "life is a wonderful gift" is the title of the book she wrote... so sad, she died just hours before she introduced that to the public, I think I owe her buying a copy.

Top Bottom