• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Pimpwerx

I almost feel it would be better for Webber if he was a legit lapdog. I mean, he gets dusted as bad as or worse than any lapdog Michael ever had, but he legitimately tried to beat Seb every race. SMH. Dude has absolutely nothing on the kid. It's embarrassing. PEACE.

Ce-Lin

good show for the 2014 Ferrari Drivers... beaten by their team-mates lol, also AWWW YISSS WEBBER ! how does it feel not having the best car Vettel ?

Pimpwerx

Good pole for Webbo! YAY! Anyone but Vettel...LOL!

Also, cracking lap from Lewis to put it 3rd. Those Bulls are fast. 3rd was the best he could do. Hopefully Vettel has KERS issues tomorrow and Webber has a typical slow Webber start, and he can vie for a win. I'm woefully optimistic here, but that's all I got left this season. PEACE.

malyce

Good pole for Webbo! YAY! Anyone but Vettel...LOL!

Also, cracking lap from Lewis to put it 3rd. Those Bulls are fast. 3rd was the best he could do. Hopefully Vettel has KERS issues tomorrow and Webber has a typical slow Webber start, and he can vie for a win. I'm woefully optimistic here, but that's all I got left this season. PEACE.
You're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Addnan

Vettel will lead, Massa and Grosjean will drop back. Kimi and Alonso will make their way up. Kimi will beat Alonso, Alonso will cry.

Lotus look very fast on the hard tyres.

ramparter

Banned
lol, you again ? the race is tomorrow, it was an awful lap but still better than Kimi :p

I'm actually Alonso's fan but I'm getting tired of him just talking like he always does his best. He doesn't, he has lost motivation lately which is to be expected, I'm not judging him, I'm just mocking his out of track stance.

Zeknurn

Vettel will lead, Massa and Grosjean will drop back. Kimi and Alonso will make their way up. Kimi will beat Alonso, Alonso will cry.

Lotus look very fast on the hard tyres.

So basically a continuation of the rest of the second part of the season.

Hopefully the race will be entertaining.

Ce-Lin

I'm actually Alonso's fan but I'm getting tired of him just talking like he always does his best. He doesn't, he has lost motivation lately which is to be expected, I'm not judging him, I'm just mocking his out of track stance.

maybe this is the best he can do with this car and these tyres that seem to suit Felipe best for qualy but worse for race distance. Anyway you always laugh at whatever goes wrong for Alonso like last GP with HULK you went crazy "aahahalololol is that Fernando stuck behind a Sauber?" and then Hamilton suffered the same fate even if you knew the Sauber is still being developed contrary to Ferrari and their setup was the best for S1, the only sector which allowed overtaking.

But whatever, Alonso lost his motivation and still beat the ICEMAN ! as I said not so good for the Ferrari 2014 duo but shit happens. Webber P1 baby ! don't let VET through before 1st corner please.

Alonso will cry.

serious ? why ? or just joke post ? Ferrari is no longer taking this seriously, at least not upgrading the car, Fernando is just there driving the same car and hoping for the best when other teams such as Sauber are definitely improving and even McLaren is getting close, why would he cry when he's already focussed on 2014 and not expecting anything more from 2013 as he already stated a dozen times. smh.

Shaneus

Fuck fuck fuck, completely forgot about this. How long ago did it start?

Ugh, maybe I should miss out on qualifying more often. If I don't watch the race, will Webber win?

Risgroo

Fuck fuck fuck, completely forgot about this. How long ago did it start?

Ugh, maybe I should miss out on qualifying more often. If I don't watch the race, will Webber win?

If you don't watch, he'll lose without your support. If you do watch you'll jinx him.
So the trick is to poke your eyes out and tilt your head in the direction of the TV.

Shaneus

Ah man, I thought qualifying was later for some reason :( And it looks like it was good too (no Vettel Pole!)
But coincidentally, there was both a Webber pole and a Shaneus pole. If you know what I'm sayin'.

If you don't watch, he'll lose without your support. If you do watch you'll jinx him.
So the trick is to poke your eyes out and tilt your head in the direction of the TV.
What if I just refresh the GAF thread and don't pay any other attention to it (other than maybe listen to BBC5? They broadcast it, yeah?)... will that work?

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
So McLaren have confirmed they have signed Peter Prodromou from RBR.
Wonder will he get sent on gardening leave so he can join in time for the for 2015 car design.

RBR insist he is contracted till end of 2014 but contracts mean little in F1 these days.

Webber looked properly miserable after getting pole. I wonder if he suspects this will be the race that Red Bull "gift" him.

At the end of the day, he did what he had to do with the machinery he had. That's all that counts.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
What have they had to do?
Very sensible penalties for drivers at the back of the grid.
Pic gets penalty which would just move him from 21st to 22nd so instead he gets a drive through to be served at the start of the race tomorrow.

Webber looked properly miserable after getting pole. I wonder if he suspects this will be the race that Red Bull "gift" him.

At the end of the day, he did what he had to do with the machinery he had. That's all that counts.

Probably just because he knows he hasn't beaten Seb on merit.

I also find it rather eyebrow raising that Seb's kers decides to pack up after a week of intense speculation over his car. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if it was just a bit of RBR smoke and mirrors to divert attention.

Although given that he could still get second without kers is just humiliating to everyone in Q3 really.

The intense speculation was after Singapore's 30 second margin... all we had this week was continued rumblings.

If he was going to have a "problem" then last week probably would have made more sense for it.

Shaneus

Maybe they will after the Multi-21 win they "gifted" Seb.

That was the point I think. It would make sense in Sebastian's (slightly twisted) mind to be "charitable".

Though if it's the team's decision to do it then obviously taking away Vettel's KERS would largely take the choice out of his hands (unless Mark has a shocker).

Ce-Lin

given that he could still get second without kers is just humiliating to everyone in Q3 really.

nope, the only difference was that instead of getting pole 7 tenths ahead of P2-P3 he just got P2, his car is quick enough to allow the "luxury" of running without KERS and still get in front of everyone else, if you think is Vettel talent and/or skill here sorry but you're hugely mistaken, my opinion of course.

nope, the only difference was that instead of getting pole 7 tenths ahead of P2-P3 he just got P2, his car is quick enough to allow the "luxury" of running without KERS and still get in front of everyone else, if you think is Vettel talent and/or skill here sorry but you're hugely mistaken, my opinion of course.

Everyone includes engineers.

That was the point I think. It would make sense in Sebastian's (slightly twisted) mind to be "charitable".

Though if it's the team's decision to do it then obviously taking away Vettel's KERS would largely take the choice out of his hands (unless Mark has a shocker).

The plan sounds needlessly complicated.

Webber wasn't that far away from Vettel in the last qualis, so it was just a combination of Webber having a good day and Vettel's KERS problems - not the first time for Red Bull.

Massa

Very sensible penalties for drivers at the back of the grid.
Pic gets penalty which would just move him from 21st to 22nd so instead he gets a drive through to be served at the start of the race tomorrow.

All that means is he will cause problems for the front runners much earlier in the race, should be fun.

Omiee

I'm just glad that thanks to this thread it's been proved once and for all that Vettel has zero talent.

wauw lol.

Anyhow good job by vettel to still get 2nd without kers. He should have a good start tomorrow and take first if webber doesnt run him into the grass.

I just hope he does not block his wheels cuz that would be horrible for his race strategy.

Alonso 8th is just an amazing start waiting to happen.

Massa

wauw lol.

Anyhow good job by vettel to still get 2nd without kers. He should have a good start tomorrow and take first if webber doesnt run him into the grass.

I just hope he does not block his wheels cuz that would be horrible for his race strategy.

Alonso 8th is just an amazing start waiting to happen.

I didn't follow qualifying today but can they fix the KERS for the race? If not he should lose even more places at the start.

So McLaren have confirmed they have signed Peter Prodromou from RBR.
Wonder will he get sent on gardening leave so he can join in time for the for 2015 car design.

RBR insist he is contracted till end of 2014 but contracts mean little in F1 these days.

Buemi says he hasn't been at recent Redbull meetings and Newey has done a disappearing act, I'd say he's in the garden.

McLaren tweeted this:

Who's rubbing shoulders with #JonathanNeale in today's FIA press conf? #JapaneseGP #F1 pic.twitter.com/SYbB6mfHPB

Pat Fry returning? Smedley to join the party?

James Allen:
Rob Smedley is expected to return to the UK, most likely with Williams, although McLaren has hinted at some eye catching technical appointments and Smedley would work well in the liaison between wind tunnel/design departments and track operations. He is highly regarded by McLaren’s increasingly influential Sporting Director Sam Michael and it would be an exciting place to work, with Honda from 2015 onwards.

Top Bottom