• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Raikkonen and Hülkenberg could see me becoming a Ferrari fan. Would be awesome. Button and Alonso at McLaren would be fairly interesting too.

Not sure what Chilton has done to deserve a Force India drive.

There would be an ocean of bitter Spanish tears.

0517230josqu.jpg

Pimpwerx

forgot to post this earlier this morning, sorry for the translation, it should be available in your favorite English site

snippets from Martin Whitmarsh interview, of course you guys know better than him so maybe it's just a waste of time.

Meh. What does Whitmarsh know really? That muppet backed Button over Lewis...and look where it's landed them. I think that alone throws any analysis of driver talent he makes into question. Dude had his head so far up Button's ass, he could wear him as a suit. PEACE.

Lach

Saw Rush yesterday. Loved it....incredible attention to detail. Incredible truthfulness to what actually happened.

Two things I was surprised they didn't include:
- The spectators at Brands Hatch rioting over Hunt not being allowed to restart and forcing the Stewarts to change their mind. That would have been another show of Hunts popularity.
- The anectote of Lauda waking up Hunt on the morning of the Japanese Grand Prix, happily announcing that he's going to be world champion today! Though maybe it wouldn't have fit the narrative..

The only negative point it gets is the
CG Fire on Laudas car. Though watching the original footage it does kinda look surreal...the Fire on the otherwise good looking car.

Shaneus

I'm not sure how true (or not) it was, but I loved the moment
when Lauda asked the two Italian guys for a lift, they asked why he didn't drive hardcore and then promptly belted the fuck out of their car

Lach

I'm not sure how true (or not) it was, but I loved the moment
when Lauda asked the two Italian guys for a lift, they asked why he didn't drive hardcore and then promptly belted the fuck out of their car

Had to look it up but apparently it's (somewhat) true

Q: In Rush, we see you meeting your first wife Marlene after you picked her up while she was hitchhiking. Is that a true story?

Actually I met her at a party but I did drive her somewhere soon after and she did not recognise who I was. She thought I was a tennis player.

Q: The movie also shows you picking up hitchhikers and scaring them half to death when you drive at extreme high speeds?

That part is true! (Smiles)
source

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Holy shit, that impact must have been huge to go straight into wall. Probably bursted fuel tank and igniting it on impact.

Addnan

Hoping this is bullshit...

Fans, whether watching live or at home, will also be able to interact before, during and after the race through Formula E's social media channels. As well as following the official Championship channels, you can also check out what the teams and drivers have been saying or get involved with competitions and even vote for your favourite driver who will receive an extra 'Push-to-Pass' - meaning you could directly affect the outcome of the race!

http://www.fiaformulae.com/entertainment

What.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I think that somewhere in Monaco, Bernie is running around the suite making calls to Todt and other high ranking FIA people.

MrKaepora

Fans, whether watching live or at home, will also be able to interact before, during and after the race through Formula E's social media channels. As well as following the official Championship channels, you can also check out what the teams and drivers have been saying or get involved with competitions and even vote for your favourite driver who will receive an extra 'Push-to-Pass' - meaning you could directly affect the outcome of the race!

What.

The future of videogames.

...wait, wut?

Addnan

Formula e game. Woo can't be worse than what codemasters is putting out, or maybe it's just the codemasters f1 game. Their cars already sound like whiny electric cars.

Formula E is already developing a high-tech video game allowing users to experience the thrill of the Spark-Renault SRT_01E themselves and on all formats including console, PC, tablet and mobile.

What.

I was supportive of the Formula E, but this is bullshit on the highest level.

What.

*Picard 'WTF is this shit?' IMG*

Shaneus

What.
Vettel to lose by a massive margin every round, Webber to have continual push-to-pass over the entire length of every race.

Oh dear

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motorsport/24532901

What a talent lost

Recently won the Le mans 24 hour race and was leading the Porshe Super cup

He also recently played his dad in Rush

R.I.P
Oh geez, never good to read that news :(

Looks like vettel can match Schumacher's 13iwns in a season and ascaris 9 wins in a row if he wins out from here.

Would be cool to see the 9wins get marched. It's been there since 53.

Top Bottom