• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Addnan

Lotus still haven't sorted their deal with that investment group so I guess they have to keep the door open to a pay driver until then :/

Yen

So, really haven't kept up with F1 this year (or at least since Vettel went on his winning-streak!) so can someone explain the Ferrari situation for me? Is Alonso leaving for McLaren, and when? Then who would replace him? Or have I been fooled by silly rumours?

ramparter

Banned
I'm wondering if Hulk is actually the one who decided not to go to Lotus, a lot of staff are leaving and they have financial issues, maybe we will see them struggling next year...

Lach

I really don't like the look of them leaving the track in practically every corner...

RB beyond everything once again. Well done Hulk...go get some more points

Ce-Lin

in this awesome thread people can't tell the difference between primes and options, no surprise though. ALO 2nd fastest Q2 on primes and 2nd fastest Q3 on options, but whatever, keep the trolling going.

edit: in case it wasn't trolling... quick explanation for the slowlonso and lol Massa > Alonso usual suspects here: They were on different tyres. Alonso was on the hard compound, which is more than a second per lap slower, so he actually did a fairly impressive lap relative to Massa. To put it in perspective, Alonso did a 1.24.5 in Q2 , better than Massa Q1-Q2-Q3, and that would have earned him front row tomorrow had Alonso opted for the soft compound, but he did the same as Webber, Button and Pérez, trying the med/med/soft strategy for the race, let's see, the only car that will clearly take advantage from it will be the RBR of Webber, he will jump both Mercedes and maybe, just maybe , challenge Vettel if he's successful managing the medium tyres so he has a short and lightning-fast last stint. But who am I kidding, on TV they replayed the bunch of mistakes Vettel made on his pole lap, and still won comfortably, his first stint will be enough to win the race.

cmr-94

Charlie Whiting says drivers dont gain an advantage by going off slightly. I'm sorry but that's a load of bull. no one would be doing it then

Mohonky

I really don't like the look of them leaving the track in practically every corner...

RB beyond everything once again. Well done Hulk...go get some more points

Its mostly just the track, the drivers usually get a say in that sort of thing from memory so they have probably agreed that in some corners leaving the track on the outside there is to the benefit of all.

Charlie Whiting says drivers dont gain an advantage by going off slightly. I'm sorry but that's a load of bull. no one would be doing it then

Problem is, every single one of the top ten laps had a point where they went outside the track margin, usually at turn 11 / 12. I guess they could disqualify all of their laps, but I suspect you'd struggle to find a completely clean lap in the entire field.

They'd have to start judging on warmup laps. :D

NHale

It seems that Helmut Marko has destroyed Antonio Felix da Costa in an interview. He said "he regressed, he showed he can't handle the pressure while Kvyat showed he can. Also we were contacted by 2 Russian companies". Hilarious shit.

He also confirmed da Costa will remain in the RBR Junior Team "for now" and will be RBR reserve driver next year. Sure seems that da Costa will have a bright future inside the RBR family...

Top Bottom