• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

kharma45

He likes to start a fire and then stand back and admire the damage, has turned this thread into a ghost town

Yep. I've seen people in other threads say that Omiee is the reason they don't post here any more. Sad to think one person can drive people away.

Next year will be determine by whoever has the best mid season upgrades.

All the top teams have drivers capable of going on a streak if the team can produce a car just fast enough to break from the pack.

The 1st half of next season will be the most exciting bit.

Tyres, tyres, tyres.

Leading F1 teams willing to aid Pirelli 2014 testing plans

[Pirelli] fears that if it cannot run before next January's first pre-season test in Jerez then it may be too late to ensure its tyres can cope with the high torque demands of the new V6 turbo cars.

In the wake of that threat, a number of teams have said they are willing to step forward, but it will be down to Pirelli to either sort the necessary approval from the FIA or to fund the test itself.

Lotus team principal Eric Boullier told AUTOSPORT: "If it doesn't cost a penny, yes. We could support this."

Mercedes motorsport boss Toto Wolff said: "We have to support the tyre supplier in the best possible way and it is a matter of extracting performance and being supportive.

"We need to support them and try to give them the mileage.

"It is a safety issue and it is only through safety they can decide what type of tyre compounds they need for next year.

"So we are prepared to support them if any test is needed before the beginning of the season."

The testing situation is further complicated by the fact that a planned tweak to Formula 1's sporting regulations for next year, voted through by the new Strategy Working Group, will mean that 2011 cars will be banned from testing on contemporary tyres.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110980

Next year will be determine by whoever has the best mid season upgrades.

All the top teams have drivers capable of going on a streak if the team can produce a car just fast enough to break from the pack.

The 1st half of next season will be the most exciting bit.

Congrats on the 2014 championship Vettel!

It will take a couple more years before Ferrari realizes they have their wind tunnel backwards or something, so until then they will still be battling for 2nd place.

If Red Bull had not given out team orders:
Fucking Red Bull probably messaged Webber or gimped his car to let Vettel through.

If Red Bull had given team orders and Vettel had listened:
Fucking Red Bull not allowing drivers to race each other. This is the ruination of the sport. What is even the point of having races if drivers can't race each other?

If Red Bull had given team orders and Vettel hadn't listened:
Fuck you Vettel, you piece of shit.
This thread in a nutshell. No wonder some people don't post anymore.

So sick of tire drama.

AcridMeat

Banned
Fuck. I was really hoping Hulk would get the Lotus seat but that seems extremely unlikely now.
I want some Hulk smash in a Lotus now that Kimi is gone. Maldonado would taint that team forever. :(

Other news, I finally saw Rush today, was a great time. 75/76 was right around the time my dad stopped paying as much attention, but it was nice still cool to get some input afterwards.

I forgot, how did Lauda himself regard the film?

curlycare

Finnish media are speculating that Lotus might ditch Räikkönen for the last races. Seems unlikely if they want to have any chance in constructors fight.

Zeknurn

Hm8FvEC.png

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Its being reported in the German press today that Dan Fallows is following Prodromou to McLaren.
His LinkedIn profile lists him as aerodynamics team leader.

All pointing to 2014 being the last year of the reign of RBR with more signs of Newey being interested in designing boats for the America's Cup.

Mastah

David Croft ‏@CroftyF1 2m

I understand that Pastor Maldonado has signed for Lotus in the last 24 hours. A blow for Nico Hulkenberg, also in the hunt for a seat there

Fuck that, poor Hulk :/

PowerTaxi

Banned
Had a weird dream where Schumacher was the team boss at Ferrari with Hulkenberg and Bianchi as the drivers.

The Domenicalli years have ruined me...

dubc35

MAL is signing at Lotus?! Fuck that noise.

Hulk to McLaren? He should have been there this year. Although their car is utter shit so it's probably better for him to be at Sauber.

Mastah

There is a possibility Hulk will be replaced by de la Rosa tomorrow. He's not feeling well and Sauber crew are preparing seat for the Spaniard.

Great job Sauber! You dismissed Robin Frijns mid-season to replace him by Sergei Sirotkin, who is current reserve driver, but has no super licence. Now when they need a possible replacement, they have to take Ferrari test driver, because their own one can't even drive during F1 weekends, lol.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
You can certainly tell who the happy one there is. :D

Lewis is writing to Nicole, Vettel looks like he consumed some ecstasy, Alonso is focusing his energy into one point. Sutil is looking for his next kill, Grosjean just learnt who will be his companion next year and Bottas needs a strong drink.

I have no problem at all with Seb shitting on salty Mark Webber, the man is driving the best car in F1 and barely finished above 6th place Nico Rosberg in the WDC. He deserved multi21 gate

I guess he's just getting out of their fucking way.

Good one.

I don't know why people seem to be so against Maldonado going to Lotus. Yes he comes across as a prick, but he has both speed and money, and that's exactly what that team needs at the moment. Plus I'm sure him being there makes it easier for them to hold onto Grosjean.

Yes it's unlucky for Hulkenberg, but thems the breaks when you aren't able to attract decent backers. Besides, he's probably got a good chance of keeping his Sauber seat if he wants it, and if they're getting all that Russian money, he could end up in a pretty competitive car by just staying put.

MrKaepora

I have no problem at all with Seb shitting on salty Mark Webber, the man is driving the best car in F1 and barely finished above 6th place Nico Rosberg in the WDC. He deserved multi21 gate

Best car?! Best cars don't have wing problems, hydraulic problems, brake problems, tyre problems, and the list goes on, in almost every race of the season.

Mastah

Good one.

I don't know why people seem to be so against Maldonado going to Lotus. Yes he comes across as a prick, but he has both speed and money, and that's exactly what that team needs at the moment. Plus I'm sure him being there makes it easier for them to hold onto Grosjean.

Yes it's unlucky for Hulkenberg, but thems the breaks when you aren't able to attract decent backers. Besides, he's probably got a good chance of keeping his Sauber seat if he wants it, and if they're getting all that Russian money, he could end up in a pretty competitive car by just staying put.

Because when Hulkenberg and Maldonado were team mates in GP2 in 2009, Hulk absolutely trashed Prupose, outscoring him 100 to 36 points (and that was Hulk's rookie year, while Maldonado already drove in GP2 for 1 and a half season!)? Because in 2012 Hulk, despite driving in inferior car, still outscored Maldonado 63 to 45? So to sum it up, because Hulk is far more talented than Maldonado and people like me prefer to see talent winning over money?

Because when Hulkenberg and Maldonado were team mates in GP2 in 2009, Hulk absolutely trashed Prupose, outscoring him 100 to 36 points (and that was Hulk's rookie year, while Maldonado already drove in GP2 for 1 and a half season!)? Because in 2012 Hulk, despite driving in inferior car, still outscored Maldonado 63 to 45? So to sum it up, because Hulk is far more talented than Maldonado and people like me prefer to see talent winning over money?

I don't think Hulk would have much chance of winning anything in an under-funded Lotus.

Top Bottom