• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

acm2000

what a surprise, no punishment for alonso, who would've thunk it, he shouldve backed off rather than flooring it off the track and over the curbs just to make sure he was ahead of him and massa

Addnan

cgeM8jp.jpg

Addnan

I agree with the above Kimi comments as well, pathetic effort all weekend. Since he's signed with Ferrari, Grosjean has been walking all over him.

He overqualified Grosjean, or am I the only person that saw that? The team fucked up with the car, what was he supposed to do..

Isn't that from when he got hit by Webber's wheel in 2003?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DWB0YSZlzk

I doubt it was yesterday as he was doing interviews not long after getting out of the car.

Edit - Maybe it was yesterday... I don't think he had a beard in 2003, nor was he plucking his eyebrows. Very odd. Especially the foil wrap, given Abu Dhabi's heat.

Coldsnap

OH MAN. Grosjeans exit from the pit stop blowing past the Ferrari's was hands down the best part of the race. That shot where he was going through the pit tunnel and you could see the Ferrari's up top was amazing. He's becoming my guy to root for.

McLaren are considering promoting young Danish driver Kevin Magnussen to be Jenson Button’s team-mate next season, with the jury still out on Sergio Pérez.

Magnussen, 21, has just won the Formula Renault 3.5 championship from fellow McLaren starlet Stoffel Vandoorne and has impressed in his two outings to date in a full-spec Formula One car, at last year’s young drivers’ test in Abu Dhabi and at the Silverstone test this summer.

McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh recently described the Dane, whose father Jan Magnussen drove for McLaren and Stewart in the 1990s, as “lightning quick”, arguing that Formula Renault 3.5 was “a much higher quality championship than GP2”.

Magnussen pulled out of a scheduled run in a GP2 car today with his team DAMS – a prize for winning the F3.5 title - for unexplained reasons.

Sky Sports F1 ‏@SkySportsF1 6m
McLaren are understood to be seriously considering Kevin Magnussen for 2014 race seat.

ODEwenqm.jpg

For the love of god please happen. Button and Magnussen in 2014

Leunam

Button should be replaced at this rate too since he's been painfully mediocre all year.

Both drivers should stay on since next years car can't be worse. Would be much better if McLaren gave both their drivers a car that could actually crack that ever elusive top four finish. But when it's a shit car, the drivers are the first to blame, thereby making Perez look worse. Had Button never been a WDC he'd be under just as much scrutiny.

If F1 continues like this, it will be Perez-Magnussen, Perez has been outscoring Button consistently in the last races

Perez has been woeful this season, Bahrain and India are the only decent races he's had for McLaren and that's just not good enough, he needs to be shown the door.

neoanarch

Completely harsh to throw Perez under the bus. Maybe if Jensen had got a podium or near one. But the car has been terrible.

Guti looks like he is out from Sauber but hopefully he can get a ride in another team.

ramparter

Banned
Completely harsh to throw Perez under the bus. Maybe if Jensen had got a podium or near one. But the car has been terrible.
Exactly, people are so quick to judge. I will wait to see him in a more competitive team / car. The only thing I can criticize Perez for is his aggressiveness in some races mostly on the first half of the season. In terms of performance he is doing fine and I think he has a lot of potential to improve.

Top Bottom