• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Ha, nice. Tiny humans. :D

They keep getting younger. Who knows, maybe that's what F1 will look like in 10 years!

fc0e2c1f-194e-42e9-aab7-8342f6e49c72.jpg

"Ferrari's newest star, 8 year old Kimi Jr. test drives Lauda's 312T2".

In terms of performance he is doing fine and I think he has a lot of potential to improve.

He's not doing fine though, his race in Abu Dhabi was awful, the BBC:

McLaren are considering replacing Sergio Perez with novice Dane Kevin Magnussen as Jenson Button's team-mate next season.

A series of unconvincing displays by Perez in his first year with the team have raised questions about whether he is up to the level demanded by McLaren.

McLaren team boss Martin Whitmarsh described the Mexican's performance in Abu Dhabi on Sunday as "disappointing".

Whitmarsh said in Abu Dhabi that McLaren would be making their driver announcement "quite shortly". But Perez's lack of competitiveness has increased concerns within the team about continuing with him, and a senior insider said on Thursday that there was "no rush" to make the decision.

Last weekend's Abu Dhabi Grand Prix put Perez's lack of pace into sharp focus.

He qualified four places ahead of Button, but was dramatically out-performed in the race.

Button suffered car damage on the first lap that required a pit stop for a new front wing on lap two. He rejoined 35.5 seconds behind Perez but was only 12.6secs adrift at the finish.

Button was, after his early stop, also on a one-stop strategy that was between 10 and 20 seconds slower over the race distance than Perez's two-stop. So Button was effectively at least 33 seconds quicker than Perez over the race distance.

pants

He qualified four places ahead of Button, but was dramatically out-performed in the race.

Button suffered car damage on the first lap that required a pit stop for a new front wing on lap two. He rejoined 35.5 seconds behind Perez but was only 12.6secs adrift at the finish.

Button was, after his early stop, also on a one-stop strategy that was between 10 and 20 seconds slower over the race distance than Perez's two-stop. So Button was effectively at least 33 seconds quicker than Perez over the race distance.

I need to know who said this so I can ignore them forever

Pirelli is in discussions with the FIA about the introduction of two mandatory pitstops. All in order to make the races more exciting, of course.

RayStorm

Pirelli is in discussions with the FIA about the introduction of two mandatory pitstops. All in order to make the races more exciting, of course.

Oh my :( Hopefully they sell it as "has to use 3 different tire compounds during the race". I could kind of live with it being sold as such.

Coldsnap

Any race this season worth going back and watching? I didn't start watching until the Japanese race, but sorta got the Formula 1 fever again and races aren't happening fast enough!

Jesus, Kimi his championship year was 6 years ago already?! That was a fantastic season, watch those races. The cars were cooler back then as well.

Zeknurn

That's a shame but hopefully it will fix his problems for the next season.

Too bad for Lotus' because it kills their chance of finishing third in constructors.

Juicy Bob

If it was that obvious wouldn't they have announced it already ?
Because they obviously have a lot to consider and don't want to rush into making a decision straight away.

I just think that out of Valsecchi and D'Ambrosio, Valsecchi's had more track time with the car this year.

Addnan

Sucks about Kimi, who do I cheer for next weekend. :/ Come on Grosjean.

Autosport reporting Magnussen favourite for McLaren drive.

Kevin Magnussen is now favourite to land the second 2014 seat at McLaren, AUTOSPORT has learned, following a series of meetings at the team over the past week.

Although it had appeared in Abu Dhabi that Sergio Perez was closing in on a new deal following some strong performances, his lacklustre pace at Yas Marina prompted fresh questions about his future.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111221

Quantum F1 are based in the same building as a Pizza place?

Sicilia Pizza Kitchen
35 West Broadway
Salt Lake City, Utah 84104
(801) 961-7077

Al Manhal International Group LLC's US office is located at:
AL Manhal International Group LLC
35 west 300 south #102
Salt Lake City,UT,USA,84101
(801)889-8655 cell
amrol@siciliapizza.net

LOL

Lotus is dead if Renault don't save them.

Cuddler

Valsecchi better race in the last 2 race of the year. He deserve a chance after he won the GP2 championship title last year.
Please Lotus, I want to see an Italian driver in F1 again! :(

pants

Kimi out:

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/9019153/Back-Surgery-Sidelines-Kimi-Raikkonen

Kimi Raikkonen's Lotus career is over as the Finn is set to undergo back surgery this coming Thursday.

Raikkonen has suffered from back pain for many years, which has been attributed to a crash he had back in his days with Sauber.

The injury flared up at this year's Singapore GP where the Lotus driver was forced to take painkilling injections in order to get through the weekend.

Now, though, doctors have told him that it is time for surgery.

Speaking to Turun Sanomat, Raikkonen's manager Steve Robertson said: "The experts are recommending the surgery and it will be done Thursday in Salzburg.

"Obviously it is a disappointing way to end the relationship with Lotus after two successful seasons.

"However, Kimi cannot afford to delay any more. It is crucial to correct the problem now to be fit and healthy for the start of 2014."

Raikkonen's surgery comes in the wake of his pay dispute with Lotus, which saw the Finn threaten not to attend the final two races unless he was paid.

And although a deal was concluded, Raikkonen will now still miss the United States GP and the Brazilian GP.

cmr-94

F1 Racing ‏@F1Racing_mag 5m
Looks like @SChecoPerez is about to drive his last two @McLarenF1 races. We gather #Kevin Magnussen is near-cert for 2014 race seat. Boom!

Looks more and more likely. God the driver market this season has been ridiculous

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Its tough on Perez if it looks like he is a out for sure now but McLaren would take this decision if the sums didn't add up.
They are the most data driven team in F1 to a fault and if all the data from the simulator with both drivers and race data so far from Perez is showing that Magnussen can do a better job then they will go for it.

Webber reflecting on his time with Vettel:

‘Seb’s phenomenal, a very tough act, I think he will reach Michael Schumacher’s total of seven championships, no problem.’

‘Seb has won a lot of races when the car has been good, but he has also won a lot when the car hasn’t been good. Seb is like Alain Prost, but with a qualifying lap at his fingertips. Impressive. Also, he hardly ever makes a mistake. It’s not all the car.

‘It’s been fascinating for me to be in the boxing ring with him. I will look back at that and, realise you have understood a lot about yourself from what went on. It was a big juicy part of Formula One. Of course I would have loved to have had a seven-year offset in age with Seb, instead of the 11-year difference between us. It would probably have exploded properly, then.’

Top Bottom