• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

I believe in being consistent. I didn't like team orders when they were illegal, and I still don't like them when they're legal now. It's pretty funny to see number 1 drivers told to move over, sure, but if the driver doesn't want to give up the position, I'm fine with watching them fight for it. If that means the team doesn't get the maximum advantage, well... "tough luck". That's the price of hiring competitive drivers, and I think in the long run it's still a net benefit because they tend to deliver better results.

Zeknurn

If Vettel where a teamplayer RBR could have a podium here instead of 4th place for Ricciardo.

He already showed that last race.

As for asking to yield when the guy behind you is on the same tyres and just 3 laps fresher? Tough luck.

What a boring race. gg wp Mercedes. No re pls.

Dead Man

Ugh, no. I'd rather they fight for their positions. (edit: which he still didn't, of course)

They weren't fighting for their positions with each other though. If on different strategies team mates should let each other through, I don't think that is anywhere near team orders.

Nicktendo86

Official, mp4-29 is worse than last year's car, is 3 secs behind Mercedes and is easily the slowest of the merc powered teams.

Absolutely pathetic.

Razgreez

I believe in being consistent. I didn't like team orders when they were illegal, and I still don't like them when they're legal now. It's pretty funny to see number 1 drivers told to move over, sure, but if the driver doesn't want to give up the position, I'm fine with watching them fight for it. If that means the team doesn't get the maximum advantage, well... "tough luck". That's the price of hiring competitive drivers, and I think in the long run it's still a net benefit because they tend to deliver better results.

Actually, throughout modern F1 history hiring two quick drivers has seldom yielded good results. Look at the stats

RoKKeR

Not as exciting as last time and very disappointing for Williams. Hoping they can avoid these unlucky breaks they've gotten at the beginning of the year as the season progresses.

Good job for Ham, I like the dude and would be fine with him taking it all. lol Vettel, McLaren hugely disappointing as well.

duckroll

Actually, throughout modern F1 history hiring two quick drivers has seldom yielded good results. Look at the stats

I'm just talking about hiring one. Having two yes-men drive for you will likely get no results at all unless your car is really, really super. Having one great driver and a yes-man generally has the best results for a capable team. But when you apply team orders equally, you probably shouldn't expect the driver who is used to be number one to just roll over all the time. Having two competitive drivers in the same team can create a lot of problems for that exact reason, but my point is that if you hire one driver with a competitive mentality at all, this is something you will deal with.

NHale

Wow Hamilton is really destroying Nico's confidence. "Hey Nico grab the winner's trophy with me. You are a moral champion too"

TCRS

Banned
always a german hymn. either driver or team.

amazing race by hammer. he seems much more concentrated this season, not that much off the track drama this time. was also funny seeing him on his way to the parc ferme, driving past the gravel bit where he burried the championship in 2007, his very first season.

seeing Alonso on P3 is beautiful and gives me some hope.

NHale

Probably he will retake title of moral champion from guy on third podium step today :p

At least Alonso would never be happy after being beaten by his teammate especially after having better tyres for the last 10 laps like Rosberg did in Bahrain.

Rosberg is looking like Barrichello in the early Brawn dominant season.

MrKaepora

Been reading what happened at the beggining. Williams screw up with Massa's pit stop was a shame.

I still can't believe Alonso finished third.

Also, tough luck.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Looks like Ferrari will be good on front limited racetracks, like this one in China.

Mercedes is also bringing big upgrade in Barcelona.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom