• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dilly

Banned
My first season, but do people hate vettel because he won a bunch and defies team orders?

even senna comes off as an asshole in all the videos I've seen. A trait of champions across sports.

To be honest, I think it started with me because of some of his fans that were around here at the time. What a surprise that said fans barely post this season.

Well, that and him having more WC's than the 2 best drivers on the grid combined.

To be honest, I think it started with me because of some of his fans that were around here at the time. What a surprise that said fans barely post this season.

Well, that and him having more WC's than the 2 best drivers on the grid combined.

Fan. There's only ever really been one, and the arguments with him were fucking ridiculous (on both sides).

I wonder how twitter and message boards in general would have perceived Senna during his nasty encounters with Mansell or when he nearly put Prost into a wall, took him out in Suzuka, all while issuing his defiant statements about God being on his side. There's really only one thoroughbred asshole on today's grid, Maldonado, though Fernando had his moments at Mclaren and Adrian Sutil gets an honourable mention as well.

mclem

qW5RFJO.jpg

Ricciardo appears to be in the full flow of some quite violent diarrhoea there.

We will see tomorrow where they are, they probably evaluated parts today and not pushed as they could.

Everyone was testing parts though...

BTW, Williams/FI dropping is what I would expect, given funding and historical pattern re: development. Also, it was obvious that their chassis was flattered by the PU.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Ferrari moved their big upgrade (i think that this is another mythical being at Maranello) to Canada.

Pryce

My first season, but do people hate vettel because he won a bunch and defies team orders?

even senna comes off as an asshole in all the videos I've seen. A trait of champions across sports.

Rule of being liked/considered good in motorsports: don't win too much.

Hamilton's going to take this season as boring as last years. All car again. Sigh.

Pryce

This is not true at all. Everyone here likes Schumi just fine. Most people just don't like Seb's attitude.

People like Schumi now. You think during his championship(s) run everyone liked him and didn't cheer when he didn't win? I'm sure when Vettel retires people here will like him too.

People like Schumi now. You think during his championship(s) run everyone liked him and didn't cheer when he didn't win?

Yup, Schumi was reviled by a massive portion of F1's fanbase. I'd say worse than Vettel at its height (and Schumacher actually did a bunch of stuff that really deserved that sort of thing).

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Vergne got penalty for that wheel incident - 10 place grid penalty

LdM is shocked by poor Ferrari form. Water is wet, more at 11.

Dilly

Banned
They work so hard at the Ferrari factory that they can't even get updates out at the same time the other teams do.

That's determination!

Pimpwerx

I think we can say now that the theory that Red Bull have better aero than Merc is a myth, Merc destroying them in the aero sectors.
I've said this over a month. No other explanation for the gap to the other Merc engines. The opening lap of China sealed it for me. Lewis was getting on the power earlier than the Bulls, slow and fast corners. PEACE.

Lack of talented drivers, competitive action and crap TV coverage.

F1 is heading the same way when the championship winning drivers currently are no longer competing, seriously, how shit is it going to be in 5-10 years time when the grid is 98% filled with rich talentless knobs that have paid their way into a team? The future is bleak, especially for the UK, where's the next hot shot driver coming from? The drivers in the lower formulas and those associated with current teams are absolute gash.

All the those British teams and no British drivers :(

Hammer24

Banned
Small update:
After the first day of Gribkowsky testimonial I don´t expect a sentencing for Bernie anymore. While G. did talk about several tries by E. to bribe him, he also said he put the pressure on E., thus giving his lawyers good ammunition in their extortion defense.

DBT85

Actually remembered to update my f1 team on the manager thing. And the pole time.

Managed to get a Force India Chassis to go with my Williams Engine.

Zeknurn

Chilton trying to steal the formula drifting trophy from Kobayashi.

Sutil complaining that the car feels completely different from yesterday.

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
Vettel had better hope he's got more than that available.

I am sure that Red Bull are realistic about their chances, no one is getting the Mercedes. It will be a battle for third place between them and the other teams.

I wonder if Rosberg will perform in qualifying or whether it will be another Hamilton show. I hope Rosberg goes a little better at least for someone to challenge Hamilton to make it more interesting.

Hammer24

Banned
I wonder if Rosberg will perform in qualifying or whether it will be another Hamilton show. I hope Rosberg goes a little better at least for someone to challenge Hamilton to make it more interesting.

HAM is half a second faster all weekend, especially on the long runs. Doesn´t look too good, even with HAM´s steering problems.

Lack of talented drivers, competitive action and crap TV coverage.

F1 is heading the same way when the championship winning drivers currently are no longer competing, seriously, how shit is it going to be in 5-10 years time when the grid is 98% filled with rich talentless knobs that have paid their way into a team? The future is bleak, especially for the UK, where's the next hot shot driver coming from? The drivers in the lower formulas and those associated with current teams are absolute gash.

All the those British teams and no British drivers :(

We are currently in a golden era with (likely) 3 top 10 ever currently driving (ALO, VET, HAM) and 2 top-20 drivers (RAI, BUT).

I agree that the pipeline does not not very good..

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Looks like it will be quite interesting to watch the battle for places from 3rd to 10th

Mercedes extended their gap... it is almost 1.5 second. Other teams behind are much closer at this track.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Mercedes faaar ahead of everybody else in P3. Lotus doing quite well surprisingly. Maybe they should pay for their engines though.

Zeknurn

It looks like Crash Team Racing has finally started their season like they said they would.

Smirnoff Racing has however dropped like a stone.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Smirnoff Racing has however dropped like a stone.

Looks like they were too busy trying their new sponsor's products during first break :D

Mclaren looks awful to drive, plus their car has very narrow working window on any tyre compound possible. Teams are not satisfied with Pirelli's decision to bring medium and hard compound to Barcelona.

Massa is much more comfortable with new parts on his Williams than Bottas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom