• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.
And its got nothing to do with the politics, thats just some british press bullshit. Anyone who says that doesnt really understand F1.
Give me a break.

You're creating a storyline that's utterly irrelevant, ironically probably because the races have been so bad (one race aside). I'm glad you have a method of keeping things interesting, because this season is going to be a complete loss in a couple of races when it's clear that no-one is going to get close to Mercedes (and Rosberg isn't going to get close to Hamilton).

Vettel vs Danny is at least interesting on track, though I don't think that'll last once Vettel gets his head around the car / unlearns some old super downforce driving techniques.

Nicktendo86

Apparently, Mercedes will introduce an aero package worth 0.6s/lap, as reported by Omnicorse and TheJudge today. If this is true, then there it's pretty much season over, in terms of WDC/WCC.

I read that they are going to introduce bits of the new package over the next few races, not all at once as they don't need to. Season is already over, no one with catch them.

giphy.gif

Give me a break.

You're creating a storyline that's utterly irrelevant, ironically probably because the races have been so bad (one race aside). I'm glad you have a method of keeping things interesting, because this season is going to be a complete loss in a couple of races when it's clear that no-one is going to get close to Mercedes (and Rosberg isn't going to get close to Hamilton).

Vettel vs Danny is at least interesting on track, though I don't think that'll last once Vettel gets his head around the car / unlearns some old super downforce driving techniques.

Another example of how you dont get it.
Keep it up d*****!

I read that they are going to introduce bits of the new package over the next few races, not all at once as they don't need to. Season is already over, no one with catch them.

The talk I heard today was that the package would be mostly introduced for this GP, and the rest for the testing sessions that follow the GP.

If Renault made huge progress on their PU, then RBR could very well be back in it, given their superior chassis.

Come on Ferrari!:

TJ13 has been informed that the rumoured updates that were scheduled for this weekend have been put back for a more substantial reworking of the various parts as more problems are being recognised through the development process.
WIth the championship becoming a private battle between the two Mercedes drivers, it has been decided that bigger steps will be required to close the gap and work continues apace on effectively an updated F14-T. The parts that should have been run at the Grand Prix will be evaluated in the test following the race and includes a shorter nose which will allow a better passage of air below the car and around the sidepods. The new design will also bring benefit to the rear wing.

http://thejudge13.com/#Alonso and Raikkonen unlikely to be adding silverware to the cabinet

Hasney

I wonder at what point this year teams will start to work on next year's cars.

It's going to be a difficult decision for some teams since there is still significant money in second place, but they can't afford to let Mercedes get a march on them since it looks like they'll be able to work on next years cars when they have both titles sewn up in a few months.

Hasney

Guy correctly predicted Bouillier at McLaren, though. He is legit.

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm not questioning the guys credibility after that. But even the best guys can get wrong info.

Will be fantastic if true, but getting rid of a German driver (unless he's opting to leave for some reason) to pair up Alonso and Hamilton together just doesn't seem like something Mercedes would want to do. I really hope I'm wrong.

Source: really close to @alo_oficial

Could be someone putting that story out to get Alonso a better deal at Ferrari/elsewhere.

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm not questioning the guys credibility after that. But even the best guys can get wrong info.

Will be fantastic if true, but getting rid of a German driver (unless he's opting to leave for some reason) to pair up Alonso and Hamilton together just doesn't seem like something Mercedes would want to do. I really hope I'm wrong.

Could be someone putting that story out to get Alonso a better deal at Ferrari/elsewhere.

Not if it's Alonso and Hamilton, arguably the two biggest drivers at the moment. And Alonso would come with Santander money, or some sort of financial backing which could help alleviate the burden on Mercedes itself and could replace or coexist alongside Blackberry.

Mercedes is in a much better position to attract top end talent given its recent success and the soundness of its platform.

EDIT: Alonso already has a sweet deal at Ferrari (until 2016), so that would not make a lot of sense... if it's elsewhere, not sure where Alonso would go aside from Red Bull. Certainly not McLaren, unless he's willing to gamble away the last few years of his career.

Nicktendo86

I mean I know this is a long term restructuring exercise and will take time, but this season is shaping up to be worse than last year and I didn't think that was possible. It really is so frustrating.

also, no new part on the ferrari then?

Ehh, for sure, our engineers at Maranello are always developing and testing new parts, but only at the race track we know for sure how they all come together. Sometimes new parts work, sometimes they behave different from what we expected, but that's part of the development. Our engineers in the factory know exactly where the problems are and are working day and night to fix them, so we can improve the car step by step.

Draconian

Ehh, for sure, our engineers at Maranello are always developing and testing new parts, but only at the race track we know for sure how they all come together. Sometimes new parts work, sometimes they behave different from what we expected, but that's part of the development. Our engineers in the factory know exactly where the problems are and are working day and night to fix them, so we can improve the car step by step.

300ccadb_05-The-Rock.gif

Nice, but you are for sure missing a few for sure

TCRS

Banned

frycrying.gif

there's no hope ;_;

Shaneus

qW5RFJO.jpg

lol

Vettel said that rear-end instability was part of his current issue with the RB10, but that there was no simple answer to why he had been off his usual pace so far in 2014.

"Generally we all have our own style of how we like to drive the car and how you learn to set up the car," he said.

"In general I don't mind when the rear is moving, I don't mind oversteer, but if it is too much or it starts to bother you, and car slides too much and you find yourself correcting rather than pushing and getting maximum out, it slows you down.
Sounds like what happened in 2012 (I think) when the EBD was outlawed and Seb clearly struggled with the car more at the beginning of the season vs. Webber who was more used to having less rear DF/grip.

hamchan

No reason to get rid of Nico when he can still consistently come 2nd place behind Hamilton. Also won't they have to pay both Alonso and Hamilton like $30 million each lol.

Keep Nico and you save some millions there.

Mastah

Whatev. He called Bouiller right, let's see. Every journo has some wrong calls, now and then.

Some? He has made tons of them, looking at his Twitter timeline:

Monsieur_F1 ( Mr.F1) ‏@MonsieurF1

With the addition of Haas Racing, team based in California, the @longbeach grand prix will be back.

Monsieur_F1 ( Mr.F1) ‏@MonsieurF1 Feb 10

EXCLUSIVE : @MonsieurF1 has learned that Olivier Quesnel will be named @Lotus_F1Team team director this week.

Monsieur_F1 ( Mr.F1) ‏@MonsieurF1 Jan 17

Ron Dennis will replace Martin Whitmarsh by Ross Brawn.

And it goes on and on and on.

Also, back to this:

Guy correctly predicted Bouillier at McLaren, though. He is legit.

He didn't and he isn't. This imposter takes all the rumors from legit sources and tries to present it as his findings:

Boullier resigns from Lotus, set to become McLaren F1 team boss - Friday, January 24th 2014, 09:47 GMT

Monsieur_F1 ( Mr.F1) ‏@MonsieurF1 - 1:18 PM - 24 Jan 2014

Now, @MonsieurF1 HAS SAID IN DECEMBER THAT @eboullier WILL NOT BE WITH @Lotus_F1Team THIS YEAR. MANY PEOPLE TREATED ME AS A FAKE...

Monsieur_F1 ( Mr.F1) ‏@MonsieurF1 - 2:36 PM - 24 Jan 2014

@eboullier received offer from: 1-@RenaultSportF1 2-@clubforce India 3-@WilliamsF1Team recently from @McLarenF1 @McLarenF1 is the choice!

Why is that he only posted about McLaren hiring Boullier few hours after Autosport published it on their website? It's not hard to figure it out, lol.

John_B

Hamilton probably leaked that Alonso rumor just to mess with Rosberg.

It would be spectacular to see them in the same team again. Both are more mature, it could work without blackmail and sabotage. Hamilton would have the edge in qualification I reckon.

Ark

Right on.
And its got nothing to do with the politics, thats just some british press bullshit. Anyone who says that doesnt really understand F1.

KLyJGLZ.gif

I mean I know this is a long term restructuring exercise and will take time, but this season is shaping up to be worse than last year and I didn't think that was possible. It really is so frustrating.

I disagree. Yes the races aren't the most exciting things in the world, but I'm enjoying watching Mercedes reaping the fruits of four years' of reconstruction and build-up to this point. I had the same feeling in 2010 with RBR, despite my dislike for Vettel at the time.

Draconian

I don't see how that's possible. At least Rosberg has a chance and fought it out with Hamilton at Bahrain. Last year a lot of races were pretty much over after one lap.

they have s1 tired down nicely, but I think the RBR chasis is well suited to 2 and 3, look at china and the gains they made in certain areas. lets see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom