• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
1 second lap quicker than the rest of the field is just crazy.
And there race pace appears to be even stronger than this.

Zeknurn

I'm glad to see that Raikkonen has managed to somewhat salvage that dog of a car. Same goes for Lotus.

Mercedes Zzzzzz...

Almost forgot, Woo Bottas!

Ark

Hamilton just pulled a rabbit out of that Mercedes hat. Honestly wasn't expecting him tto grab the pole, but we'll see if he can keep the lead tomorrow.

Awesome, super tense stuff at the end there.

untitled-11u9jci.gif
untitled-10qjjfg.gif

cmr-94

The hamilton/rosberg story really is a great one. Racing in go-karts and ending up with a dual battle at the pinnacle in a monster car. Hope it's a classic

TCRS

Banned
almost looks like he's crying lol. poor guy but hamilton is just too good. he just had to get his private life drama sorted and now he's delivering.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Did you see how marbles were forming on Ferrari onboard? Chewing the mediums like crazy.

Also Felipe looked a bit confused at the end, staring in that monitor

Ferrari are massively underperforming.
Windtunnel excuse in 3,2,1... They were on par with RBR in China, now they are more than half a second behind them

Ark

Given how strong the RBR is looking after the Mercs, it'll be interesting to see what Vettel can do from the pack of the chasing-pack tomorrow afternoon.

almost looks like he's crying lol. poor guy but hamilton is just too good. he just had to get his private life drama sorted and now he's delivering.

I suspect it's beginning to dawn on him all the hype around him being one of the very best drivers in F1 is that, just hype. Welcome to Button town Brittney.

TCRS

Banned
I suspect it's beginning to dawn on him all the hype around him being one of the very best drivers in F1 is that, just hype. Welcome to Button town Brittney.

same with nick heidfeld. never understood the hype around him. the only driver currently being hyped on who I can agree that he has the talent is Hulkenberg.

John_B

Awesome gif work SL.

Hamilton's confidence has been bulletproof since the start of the season. It looked like he had thrown his car away from third practice, but still pulls out a superior lap for pole. Rosberg couldn't even grab an excuse, just had to admit defeat.

I still think it's a closer fight between the two than people make it out to be. The fight will go on through long into the season, and some DNFs will make it exciting.

Ricciardo keeps impressing. I hope he takes home a win this season.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
It seems that Ferrari is having major issues with their upgrades and working on issues present on their car. Moving major stuff to Canada is only the sign that they are not confident and if they manage to screw up another test (midweek in Barcelona).... something must be very wrong in Maranello.

He lost the rear at turn 10.

We will see in the race pace, but looks like Williams got their updates working as they should, compared to Force Smirnoff

justjohn

Ugh, I love hammy to death but his domination is just as boring as Vettel. Hopefully rosberg will at least provide some competition.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Rosberg was much faster in S3, but Lewis made the difference in S2

This car is complete monster. They will test exhaust 'amplifier' on midweek test for better sound.

Ugh, I love hammy to death but his domination is just as boring as Vettel. Hopefully rosberg will at least provide some competition.

He just did... Webber has never been that close to Vettel, on average. Very surprising that Webber only managed to get 12 poles from 2010 through 2013 (and only 5 in 2011 and 2013, two seasons completely or mostly dominated by Red Bull)

Rosberg was much faster in S3, but Lewis made the difference in S2

This car is complete monster. They will test exhaust 'amplifier' on midweek test for better sound.

Lewis had the upperhand in S1 and S2 (he roughly had 0.35s in hand by S2), but lost about 0.15s in S3 to Rosberg.

Hammer24

Banned
ROS didn´t sleep too much last night, looks like the pressure starts to get to him. Texted his RE all night long.
Pace difference for the race tomorrow >3 tenth to HAM.
GRO spent the night on the john, catched a bad virus, joked today that atleast he lost some weight.
All the cars massively struggling with change of wind direction in Q.
Experts on track extremely happy about new F1. You can see massive differences between different cars, and even individual driver styles in the turns of this track with the naked eye.Hope is, Merc new exhaust System to be tested next week would be adopted by all teams. Merc says, Sound is more massive, and loudness halfway between now and last year.

Very interesting how Horner completely threw Renault under the bus in his pre quali interview.

Earlier in the season RB have kind of criticized Renault, while making all sorts of conciliatory comments. Today it was full on "blame Renault" statements. Makes me wonder if there is some truth to rumors RB are looking around for a new engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom