• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieH@rd

Banned
It's shitty that rules even allow drivers to create "intentional" yellow flags by reversing in the last minute of the last qually sessions. Drivers should be forced to retire far away from track in this kind of events.

Hope Rosberg gets a five place penalty for pulling that kind of shit.
No way. Nobody can prove that he did it deliberately. I also dont think it was intentional, but all that matters is what Hamilton thinks. Race will be VERY interesting. :D

Willians had uber shitty qualifying, but Lotus was even worse.

Ark

So why were there yellow flags while Rosberg was sitting at the end of the escape road then?

What do you mean by that?

A car in the escape road means yellow will be waved, because it needs to be free for other cars that run in to (maybe more serious) problems.

I'm not arguing the yellows, I'm saying that reversing back onto the track, or closer to the track, during the final seconds of Q3 when he knows full well his teammate is behind him is dangerous.

Juicy Bob

I haven't seen it yet myself, but if Rosberg really was actively reversing back onto the track when Lewis was passing, then I feel that was a pretty stupid thing to do.

No, yellows are waved while there's a car there.

there wouldn't have been any yellows if he had parked it at the end of the escape road, him reversing kept the yellows out and fucked hammy over.

he knew what he was doing, he was getting hammy back for the hunger comments.

i hope they both take each other out tomorrow.

He made a mistake and disappeared down the escape road like he should've done. He was out of the way, so there should not have been an issue if Lewis had carried on full speed and beaten him to pole even if it was under yellows.

What happens if someone else loses control at full speed and goes into that escape road? You can't drive at full speed during a situation like that.

NHale

there wouldn't have been any yellows if he had parked it at the end of the escape road, him reversing kept the yellows out and fucked hammy over.

The yellows went out as soon as he missed the corner and would stay yellow until he was removed from there. It's not a safe place because any car can crash into any car parked there.

You don't know need to make up facts to support the theory that Nico did it on purpose.

Caramello

Nope, somebody in that particular escape road = yellow flag.

markao

I'm not arguing the yellows, I'm saying that reversing back onto the track, or closer to the track, during the final seconds of Q3 when he knows full well his teammate is behind him is dangerous.
Ah ok got it,

Then no not really, that's what all cars do to get out there. It is actually the thing to do, because you clear the track again (although with no time left, it did not help).

ramparter

Banned
Finally Monaco the most demanding track reveals the quickest of the pair. Sorry Lewis your lucky days are over. Make way for the champion.

Konosuke

I'd like to see Rosberg have a race like Vettel did in Barcelona, even if that means an easy win for Lewis. So I'm pro-penalty I guess.

NHale

I'd like to see Rosberg have a race like Vettel did in Barcelona, even if that means an easy win for Lewis. So I'm pro-penalty I guess.

Did you forget this is Monaco? Unless it rains there is no way anyone can go from 16th to 4th even with a much superior car.

Rosberg's biggest question mark is not the fact that he parked it - it's the fact that he reversed onto the track, which ultimately caused the yellows.

The second action could be used by the stewards to prove that he impeded other drivers. Penalty anywhere from DSQ to a grid drop.

Caramello

Rosberg's biggest question marks is not the fact that he parked it - it's the fact that he reversed, which ultimately caused the yellows.

The second action could be used by the stewards to prove that he impeded other drivers. Penalty anywhere from DSQ to a grid drop.

This is not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom