• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Mercedes are going to have to split the garages now and have two separate teams. I can see Lewis wanting to go that way whatever Toto says. If Rosberg wants to play dirty then Lewis needs to get down in the mud and withhold setup information from the other side.

Rosberg basically cheated by fucking up Hamilton's hot lap in qualifying. Hamilton needs to fight back and send a message to the team that he's not going to have that kind of bullshit. Back me or sack me kind of stuff.

Toto can talk all he likes about having unified teams, but if one of the drivers is going to play dirty then it means nothing. In Hamilton's place I would be calling up Alonso tonight asking for tactics and strategy to split the team. Divide and rule.

Zeknurn

It's nice that Hamilton's PR manager gets interviewed on the podium too.

Ericsson so close to his first points in his first season. Too bad it didn't happen.

Juicy Bob

Cumberbatch is actually pretty good. It's clear he's not that knowledgeable, but he's done a good job of asking the right questions.

olore

Lewis could have had ROS at the end of the first stint; ROS was clearly in trouble at that stage. Otherwise, good measured race by him. Can't help but feel it's all hollow given ROS's dubious antics in qualifying.

The more I watch that footage of him see-sawing at the wheel the more dubious it looks. Anyway, second place for my guy and some solid points at least.

Canada will be super interesting

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Hamilton is going super pissed to one of his best circuts - Canada. Rosberg will have a difficult time there.

Antti

Cumberbatch is actually pretty good. It's clear he's not that knowledgeable, but he's done a good job of asking the right questions.
Meh. I think he should've pushed both Nico and Lewis on their relationship. The post-race interviews were massively disappointing.

EDIT: + questions about Hamilton's behavior on the team radio

pants

I think Mercedes are going to have to split the garages now and have two separate teams. I can see Lewis wanting to go that way whatever Toto says. If Rosberg wants to play dirty then Lewis needs to get down in the mud and withhold setup information from the other side.

Rosberg basically cheated by fucking up Hamilton's hot lap in qualifying. Hamilton needs to fight back and send a message to the team that he's not going to have that kind of bullshit. Back me or sack me kind of stuff.

Toto can talk all he likes about having unified teams, but if one of the drivers is going to play dirty then it means nothing. In Hamilton's place I would be calling up Alonso tonight asking for tactics and strategy to split the team. Divide and rule.

You can really tell who are the Hamilton fans

Xater

Hamilton being the only grumpy guy on the podium is so funny to me. I want to see more of that just because it amuses me so much.

TCRS

Banned
I was hoping for a tight hamilton and rosberg fight during the lasts lap. how does one get something in the eye with a closed visor? unless he opened it in the middle of a lap which is stupid.

Couldn't have said it better.

pants

I was hoping for a tight hamilton and rosberg fight during the lasts lap. how does one get something in the eye with a closed visor? unless he opened it in the middle of a lap which is stupid.

Coulthard was saying on commentary that he also used to keep his visor slightly open to catch some cool breeze.

Caramello

The favourite for the drivers championship is clearly Hamilton but I'm loving the Mercedes team battle. This year will be looked back on quite fondly I think.

The more I watch that footage of him see-sawing at the wheel the more dubious it looks. Anyway, second place for my guy and some solid points at least.

Canada will be super interesting

I think Canada will be quite straightforward. Hamilton is quicker than Rosberg, so far this season Rosberg has only ever beaten Hamilton off the back of bullshit like yesterday and the DNF.

It'll be another pole to victory.

People say that Hamilton is more emotional, erratic etc but we've seen so far that Nico has had far more errors, everything from locking up and failing to overtake Lewis in Bahrain to spinning out in China and yesterday's crap.

McNum

Didn't expect that Hamilton would lose his head first.
I totally expected Hamilton to be the one losing his head first. He's an amazing driver, but his weakness has always been him being hot-headed. This can also be a strength in racing, but only to a point. He's been so much better at staying calm lately, but it doesn't surprise me at all that his temper flares up like this.

The interesting question here will be what he's going to do with this. We'll see in Canada, no doubt.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Canada will be interesting, with weather equation and Ferrari PU upgrade (white smoke signals probably)
Coulthard was saying on commentary that he also used to keep his visor slightly open to catch some cool breeze.

If your visor is not properly closed, it can open a bit when you tear down dirty layers

Hasney

You can really tell who are the Hamilton fans

lol yeah. The constant complaining should be fun though, they'll just be taking after their idol after all.

It did look quite puffy. Maybe it got infected earlier and just flared up during the race? Maybe that evil, dastardly Rosberg gave him pink eye by farting on his pillow last night?
The big cheat.

Either that or he had a tear in his eye still from not being called in for his pit stop.

untitled-44ljp9.gif

Thought so. Blinding Lewis, part of Nico's plan all along! :p

Juicy Bob

When your teammate uses underhanded tactics to win, I would be just as pissed!
Can I just say, Rosberg was investigated by the stewards. They looked at all the data. They didn't see anything to suggest that Rosberg went off deliberately.

Yes, he did benefit from his mistake, but to continue to suggest that he was using 'underhand tactics' is completely unfair to Nico.

pants

Can I just say, Rosberg was investigated by the stewards. They looked at all the data. They didn't see anything to suggest that Rosberg went off deliberately.

Yes, he did benefit from his mistake, but to continue to suggest that he was using 'underhand tactics' is completely unfair to Nico.

Get used to it, this is the tune Hamilton and his fans will sing all year long. If something happens it's always the other guys fault. If genuine racing incidents happens something sinister is happening. If Hamilton retires, it was the Rosberg cabal, a.k.a The League of F1 Shadow Ninjas at the behest of master Ros Al Ghul

Who knows? It's incredibly hard to prove someone did something deliberately. Only insiders may know, and they have clearly spoken; most think ROS did this on purpose.

Also, the fact that Lewis is still as pissed today suggests he probably knows.

Fox Mulder

When your teammate uses underhanded tactics to win, I would be just as pissed!

but it was cleared and rosberg wasn't penalized. I guess the entire F1 organization is against Hamilton just like his team.

Hamilton is clearly better this season, only losing to a retirement and today. It would be sad to see him break because of paranoia and immaturity.

Hasney

Also, the fact that Lewis is still as pissed today suggests he probably knows.

Not really, Hamilton sulks quite a bit.

but it was cleared and rosberg wasn't penalized. I guess the entire F1 organization is against Hamilton just like his team.

Hamilton is clearly better this season, only losing to a retirement and today. It would be sad to see him break because of paranoia and immaturity.

I wish Nico had a middle name that started with an F or something. I miss the Ferrari International Assistance days.

DieH@rd

Banned

Heat between Vetel and Webber was much more justified and stronger, this is nothing. I think people are over reacting a lot.

Ark

Get used to it, this is the tune Hamilton and his fans will sing all year long. If something happens it's always the other guys fault. If genuine racing incidents happens something sinister is happening. If Hamilton retires, it was the Rosberg cabal, a.k.a The League of F1 Shadow Ninjas at the behest of master Ros Al Ghul

And then we're going to get posts like yours. Cue the entire 'Hamilton is faultless' and 'Hamilton fans are so stupid' posts until Australia 2015.

I will do my best to stay neutral from here-on-out.

Juicy Bob

From Hamilton's point of view he said he looked at the telemetry and isn't convinced, so it's easy to see his viewpoint.
I can understand Hamilton being pissed. That makes sense, because he lost out of the chance to get pole which ultimately dictated his race.

But what I can't understand is the continual suggestion that Rosberg cheated when the stewards have analysed the data and we all haven't.

Read my previous post. Stewards can't prove everything; they have proven to be quite mediocre over the past few years, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom