• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Rosberg was on the radio complaining about the brakes well before Hamilton had a problem though

IIRC he started complaining about brakes after SC restart.
I think that something went wrong with braking energy recovering system and that also affected ERS

The gods really are on Rosberg's side. Two mistakes where he didn't come off badly and then Hammy's car going to shit and his somehow limping along to the end with the hapless Perez unable to overtake with a 1s+ a lap lead.

duckroll

This has to be the most positive and satisfying podium interview to watch all season. Hamilton's bitterness in the last couple of races was really souring the victories. Funny how after his retirement, everyone is now all smiles! :p

Oh look, it's Perez again. Him and Maldonado are the worst.

JJJJJJJJJJJJEEEEENNNNNNSSSSSSSSOOOOOONNNNNNNNN!!!!

No idea how he got 4th, wasn't he behind The Hulk and Alonso on the back straight before Perez caused the crash?

Dilly

Banned
Oh look, it's Perez again. Him and Maldonado are the worst.

JJJJJJJJJJJJEEEEENNNNNNSSSSSSSSOOOOOONNNNNNNNN!!!!

No idea how he got 4th, wasn't he behind The Hulk and Alonso on the back straight before Perez caused the crash?

Let's ignore the fact he was in third place with a Force India before he got shunted by Massa.

-edit

Oh wait, Perez caused the crash. Carry on.

Zeknurn

Red Bull getting rid of Webber was the best decision they made in a long time. They have a much stronger and more fun driver pairing now. I'm looking forward to seeing them in a race winning car.

DD

You guys are joking to put the blame on Massa, right? No one can be so dumb to think that it's ok to break early and move to the left out of nowhere. For me it's a race incident, but if there's anyone to blame, this one is Perez.

FuturusX

This has to be the most positive and satisfying podium interview to watch all season. Hamilton's bitterness in the last couple of races was really souring the victories. Funny how after his retirement, everyone is now all smiles! :p

Nobody should be happy about a DNF. That is the very definition of bitterness.

dubc35

Wow, left about half way through the GP, fully expected ROS or HAM to win. I may have to watch the second half. Nice for RIC to get a win!

Pretty damn happy about that result for all sorts of reasons. Fantastic job Danny. Might have taken a bit of luck to get position on Vettel but that pass on Perez earned you the win and then some.

On that subject though, poor Perez. =/

Omiee

Red Bull getting rid of Webber was the best decision they made in a long time. They have a much stronger and more fun driver pairing now. I'm looking forward to seeing them in a race winning car.

Yeah im so happy with this duo at RBR

damnn at that vettel dashboard cam

Perez did make a blocking move. Massa was already commited. It's Massa's fault as he was coming from behind though in his defence, it is really hard to anticipate a move like perez made.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I wonder what is going on with Ferrari, Fernando was unable to close the gap to Perez train and Kimi is lost (he ended last of all running drivers)

John_B

Awesome win for Ricciardo, much deserved. Super intense race.

Rosberg has some sort of amazing luck to even finish this race. Nearly collided with Hamilton in the first corner, escaped the wall after his first pit-stop by a miracle, cocks up a corner and cuts 80 meters of track, remains first and gets no penalty, PU trouble hits but gets shielded from harm by Perez for 13 laps. Hamilton second DNF.

Juicy Bob

You guys are joking to put the blame on Massa, right? No one can be so dumb to think that it's ok to break early and move to the left out of nowhere. For me it's a race incident, but if there's anyone to blame, this one is Perez.
Now the emotions have subsided, I'm prepared to accept that it could simply be a racing incident.

I'm just so gutted for Perez. The guy drove a phenomenal race.

Perez had brake problems, so Williams should have warned Massa to expect him to brake earlier than usual. Also, he didn't exactly move to the left out of nowhere - to me it looked more like he was simply drifting in towards the apex of the corner, as you would expect. The difference in speed between his and Massa's cars at that point makes it look more pronounced than it might otherwise, but I don't think it was a sudden movement.

Perez's brakes were fucked, that's Massa and his team's job to be aware of. As for moving left, that's a joke. The only way Massa wasn't hitting Perez was if Perez moved massively out of the way. Him moving slightly left was a complete non-factor.

just people jumping to conclusions I guess

One thought: How the hell did Rosberg have enough fuel to race however many laps that was without ERS? He was high on consumption before the problem even!

DrM

Redmond's Baby
One thought: How the hell did Rosberg have enough fuel to race however many laps that was without ERS? He was high on consumption before the problem even!

You answer lies in safety car - 8 laps of fuel saving.

160hp less and he was still laping in the same range as the other cars.

man that merc is fast

Commentator on ORF said that he had 50% of ERS power, but probably it died right at the end. But this is still major handicap in Canada, because you will get eaten by other in S3. On other tracks, this defect would prove less costly.

olore

Gutted for Lewis, basically needs to score big in a lot races to be in there. Also, a Rosberg DNF or two

ramparter

Banned
He was behind, too risky to be so close. That said Perez the more I see it the more I think Perez should get a penalty, it was reckless to make such a move.

MERCEDES AMG F1 ‏@MercedesAMGF1
OFFICIAL: High-voltage control electronics failure lead to permanent loss of MGU-K drive on both cars in today's race #F1 #CanadianGP

RoKKeR

Wlliams still in the back of the mid-group in Constructors. Unfortunate but I guess it's one hell of an improvement over the last few years.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Wlliams still in the back of the mid-group in Constructors. Unfortunate but I guess it's one hell of an improvement over the last few years.

Force India and Williams would horde lots of points today. FI would even overtake Ferrari at 3rd place!Williams wasted a lot of points. Looks like Bottas also had issues with brakes today.

Hasney

Watching the BBC forum.

Toto: "I'm not disappointed, I'm wrecked".

What it actually sounded like in his accent and took me a couple of a seconds to realize: "I'm not disappointed, I'm erect"

pants

Watching the BBC forum.

Toto: "I'm not disappointed, I'm wrecked".

What it actually sounded like in his accent and took me a couple of a seconds to realize: "I'm not disappointed, I'm erect"

ibbFaV7WDQvyDj.jpg

DrM

Redmond's Baby
MERCEDES AMG F1 ‏@MercedesAMGF1
OFFICIAL: High-voltage control electronics failure lead to permanent loss of MGU-K drive on both cars in today's race #F1 #CanadianGP

Still wonder what triggered this on the same time for both cars. Probably night shift is already at Brixworth to reproduce it on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom