• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Looks like a very typical rain maybe weekend at Silverstone.
80% chance of rain on Saturday with 60% for race on Sunday.

Looks like even the ratings in Germany are sinking now, although they were still strong in the years after Schumacher and before Vettel.

I guess that's the result if you turn a sport into a bad 90's game show.

Ark

Interesting development. I wonder if that's the only Dutch involvement.

What happens to the other Caterham race classes (GP2, etc)?

Only the F1 outfit has been sold. Caterham cars and Caterham GP2 are still owned by Fernandes.

Fernandes was trying to sell the whole group and I remember posting this here last year I think. I couldn't reveal my source, but the deal didn't go through as he was asking for a ridiculous amount.

He tried to pitch the f1 team only but the interested group, which was a Qatari investment company owned by some members of the royal family, thought the F1 team would only be a trophy asset which won't make any sense financially..

TCRS

Banned
I don't know why I never watch any Isle of Man related sporting event, this looks amazing. they should include this track in Forza.

Zeknurn

@SimonLazenbySky: Lawnmower racing with Kimi and the nutters @johnnyherbertf1 @antdavidson @MBrundleF1 !
BrnaEt5IQAEIQNA.jpg:large

I guess there is a reason to watch Sky this weekend.

Also, obligatory joke that Kimi has upgraded to a better vehicle.

Mastah

The show:

Will Buxton ‏@willbuxton 2m

@kamui_kobayashi so upset with New SC rule, laid down a challenge to F1 decision makers to try and drive one lap on old cold tyres.

General feeling amongst all drivers interviewed so far today is that the standing SC restart is not just unfair but potentially dangerous.

Meanwhile Haas became Ferrari sponsor until the end of 2015:

http://formula1.ferrari.com/news/sponsor-scuderia-ferrari

I think that settles the choice of power unit if Haas team will happen in 2016.

markao

Yeah, let's replace Monza and get rid of another historical track for no apparent reason. Sounds like a brilliant idea.
Let's kick out Ferrari while we are at it, haven't won in ages, so don't think people will care about it.

But seriously, this (money license cost) nonsense needs to stop, when is Bernie going to do his jail time, any time soon?

retro Silverstone:1996, Hill, Villeneuve, Schumacher fight it out in an epic Saturday qualifying session with mere hundredths of a second between Jacques and Damon at one point. Michael does hero's work in his Ferrari, but his car is clearly no match for the aerodynamic superiority of the Newey designed Williams, devastatingly fast through Silverstone's sweeping, high speed corners.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XHzKoQZTIo

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
retro Silverstone:1996, Hill, Villeneuve, Schumacher fight it out in an epic Saturday qualifying session with mere hundredths of a second between Jacques and Damon at one point. Michael does hero's work in his Ferrari, but his car is clearly no match for the aerodynamic superiority of the Newey designed Williams, devastatingly fast through Silverstone's sweeping, high speed corners.

Probably my favorite qualifying was the 97 championship finale at Jerez where Villeneuve, Schumacher and Frentzen all had the exact same time. That was amazing.

Recall

The fiancé and I are going to the race on Sunday, anyone else going? We've never been to a live race before so pretty excited. Anyone with any tips or suggestions as I'm sure we've got some veteran race go-ers in here?

Best one we've had so far is don't drive as parking is horrific so we are doing the mega bus option from Doncaster.

Bridge was an amazing corner. The Silverstone rebuild should have been built around it, not removing it completely.

Aegus

Hopefully F1 will get a proper shake-up with all these changes.

It feels like the excitement and fervour around the sport has slowly been eroded over the years, especially since Sky took over broadcasting rights.

Hammer24

Banned
- MAS 200th GP upcoming - congrats!
- bad day for WIL, engine broke at Suzies car, and with MAS accident they can scrap their new parts test plan (they had a special new undercarriage here)
- engine failure for MAL

F1Lite ‏@F1Lite 28m

F1 majority shareholders CVC have reportedly come to a decision to end Bernie Ecclestone's tenure at the top of the sport imminently. #F1

I hope Eddie gets him during the BBC coverage.

Juicy Bob

Rumour is that Bernie will be on the podium after the race and Benedict Cumberbatch will appear to formally serve him with his P45 before the Silverstone crowd pelt him with tomatoes.

Mastah

A woman has driven a Formula 1 car today, despite being a woman.

To everyone’s great surprise, her delicate bones were not crushed by the enormous pressures involved and, more remarkably, her tiny mind did not seem confused by the world passing rapidly in front of her pretty little eyes.

Naturally, the car broke down, almost certainly as a result of the woman’s lack of mechanical aptitude, but the woman was at least able to then park the stricken machine without backing it into another car, no doubt to the surprise of the watching menfolk!

To the relief of all concerned, the woman will not be allowed near the expensive and complicated car again for the rest of the weekend and hopefully will return to baking, sewing and thinking about kittens, as she should!

http://sniffpetrol.com/2014/07/04/woman-drives-f1-car/

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom