• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mo...must-try-harder-says-McLarens-Ron-Dennis.html

Wax free on suicide watch!

Surely Ron is getting a star driver in for next season. Button is crap and doesn't push the car to the limit so development engineers can't get a sense of which direction to push.

I called it when I saw button having to make a steering correction in Austrailia. It was too much for him.

He needs a perfect car, a 2nd rate teammate and a technical advantage over the field to be a winner.

Im hoping Rosberg gets thoroughly and comprehensively smashed by Lewis this upcoming weekend. Im tired of his smug fucking face all over my tv srceen, not two months ago when Lewis was getting all those wins he looked like a skulking child. I miss that image of him. He's had tremendous luck the last two races. In Montreal, he almost put himself in a wall and looked fairly ragged up to the point he and Lewis had their mechanical problems. And in Austria his excursion off the track would have cost him the race if Lewis hadnt lost crucial time in the pits. I dont get the comparison he gets to Prost. Yes, Prost was calculating individual with a keen mind for car set ups, but the only time you'd see ragged driving from him was in wet weather. We see huge lockups and offroad excursions from Nico damn near every time he's been under pressure or tried to put the hammer down.

Im hoping Rosberg gets thoroughly and comprehensively smashed by Lewis this upcoming weekend. Im tired of his smug fucking face all over my tv srceen, not two months ago when Lewis was getting all those wins he looked like a skulking child. I miss that image of him. He's had tremendous luck the last two races. In Montreal, he almost put himself in a wall and looked fairly ragged up to the point he and Lewis had their mechanical problems. And in Austria his excursion off the track would have cost him the race if Lewis hadnt lost crucial time in the pits. I dont get the comparison he gets to Prost. Yes, Prost was calculating individual with a keen mind for car set ups, but the only time you'd see ragged driving from him was in wet weather. We see huge lockups and offroad excursions from Nico damn near every time he's been under pressure or tried to put the hammer down.

I hope Rosberg wins so our drought can be lifted by your tears. The ones I can sense were welling up when you were typing this post.

I'm officially lowering myself to this years posting standards.

I hope that the FIA review Mercedes' 2014 championship application form and find that in the area under `do not write in this space' Toto wrote `OK'. All of Mercedes' points to date are thrown away and we can have an exciting last half of the season watching them catch up (and probably still win)

I hope Rosberg wins so our drought can be lifted by your tears. The ones I can sense were welling up when you were typing this post.

I wont cry if the Ricardo Patrese of the modern era builds a commanding lead in the points, I just feel compelled to point out the clumsy and lucky way some of those points have been accrued

pants

ZhEBRhz.gif

Keep your fanboy shit to yourself brah

+

Hammer24

Banned

tumblr_m2bx6nVgyU1qdkc1o.gif

Your salty tears will feed me today. Thanks! :)

Does anyone have any good advice about where to stand with a general admission ticket at Silverstone if you arrive late? I'll get there around 8.30 and I don't just want to go somewhere and stand there for the rest of the day - I'd like to move around a bit at first.

I suppose the area around Maggots-Becketts will be crowded? Stowe?

Any other advice for someone who hasn't been there before?

hadareud

The Translator
It's time he went to prison. It's the only way.

That or death. But I don't know whether it's considered bad taste to wish death on someone in this thread. I don't.

kiyomi

Sigh, when is he going to drop dead?

It's all well and good hoping he gives up the ghost, but my concern is who'd replace him.

Probably someone as equally ruthless and greedy, but without any of the background in F1.

Maybe that's a good thing. But it could also be terrible.

Hammer24

Banned
Evil Germans on Mercedes pit wall will overcharge Lewis MGU-K and he will retire

...using laser pointers, I take it? ;)

It's all well and good hoping he gives up the ghost, but my concern is who'd replace him.

Probably someone as equally ruthless and greedy, but without any of the background in F1.

Yeah there is also that. It's depressing that Bernie's replacement is coming from outside F1

That's not nice what you guys are saying about Horner! :)

Shaneus

Rupert Murdoch.

AndyD

aka andydumi
What if Rupert and Bernie had a child together?

Anyway, screw Rosberg, Hamilton, Alonso, Vettel, Massa, Ricciardo, Raikkonen, Botas, Button… this weekend I'm rooting for the Medical Car.

Lol.

Realistically, what kind of successor are we likely to see? Definitely a businessman, probably a showman too, but unlikely a sportsman in my opinion.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Caterham sale formally announced:
Caterham F1 Team is pleased to confirm that Tony Fernandes and his partners have sold the team to a consortium of Swiss and Middle Eastern investors, advised by former F1 Team Principal Colin Kolles.

Under the terms of the sale, the team will continue to race as Caterham F1 Team and will remain based at Leafield for the foreseeable future.

New team principal will be former (failed) F1 driver Christijan Albers.
http://hosted-p0.vresp.com/843201/27fc005510/ARCHIVE

Mastah

Mugello is 3x better track for anything than current Monza.

Not feeling even a slightest emotion for current Monza to go.

Mugello is amazing course.

Mugello is fast and flowing, but so is Silverstone. Monza is absolutely unique, the last of the lowest downforce tracks, with average speed 10 kph quicker than the next fastest track. Mugello - a track driven in single file for 4 kilometres out of 5 - wouldn't work for F1.

Meanwhile, guess who is back :D ?

F1 Racing ‏@F1Racing_mag

We hear Mansoor Ijaz (really!) and former Prodrive commercial chief Tony Schulp are involved in the new Caterham deal.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Is that the dude that said he was going to invest in Lotus last year, Quantum something?
Didn't he turn out to be a total fraud?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom